Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,940 Members 46,173 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Incredible 4G LTE to have unlocked bootloader

Tip us?

werdna87
Old
(Last edited by werdna87; 17th May 2012 at 11:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Div033 View Post
Well, as per this link:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/T-Mob...period_id28877

This score certainly isn't up to snuff with the One S. However, it is important to note that there is a 300MHz clock difference and the 3d scores are very similar. 1954 vs 2173, a gap like that might be influenced by clock speed. I wouldn't rule out the possibility that it has the 225 just yet.

Edit: Actually it might be the 220 because the rezound scores very similarly.

Things just keep getting worse for this guy.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using the XDA app.
I actually was wrong before. I can confirm a little later but I believe it does have a 225 gpu. This was also run on a very prerelease firmware so there's a chance that it will get faster

EDIT: speculation stops here. It has a MSM8960 with an adreno 225.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA
Verizon Samsung Galaxys SIII
and mobile...
LIKE A BOSS

litetaker
Old
Thanks Meter 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by werdna87 View Post
I actually was wrong before. I can confirm a little later but I believe it does have a 225 gpu. This was also run on a very prerelease firmware so there's a chance that it will get faster

EDIT: speculation stops here. It has a MSM8960 with an adreno 225.

How do you know??? Are you a tester of the phone? Do you know anything else, such as when the phone will come out?
=== <<< @ >>> ===

Droid X2: Ditched!, Droid Inc2: SOLD, Droid Incredible 4G LTE: CM11.2 KitKat 4.4.2, TFP: Unlocked and on Stock JB 4.1.1 -> heaven, NOT SOLD!, Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Stock 4.4.2, iPod Touch 4g: Stock iOS 6 (iOS 6 bad, my $0.02)

werdna87
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by litetaker View Post
How do you know??? Are you a tester of the phone? Do you know anything else, such as when the phone will come out?
Can't say how I know but I would be VERY amazed if it doesn't release like that

Verizon Samsung Galaxys SIII
and mobile...
LIKE A BOSS
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to werdna87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dezignstuff
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by werdna87 View Post
Can't say how I know but I would be VERY amazed if it doesn't release like that

I've seen better proof that it's the MSM8930 with the Adreno 305 instead of the 8960 with 225. At this point I guess we just wait and see. Unless you can offer better proof than what else is out there, you're just another guy with no idea.

litetaker
Old
Thanks Meter 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezignstuff View Post
I've seen better proof that it's the MSM8930 with the Adreno 305 instead of the 8960 with 225. At this point I guess we just wait and see. Unless you can offer better proof than what else is out there, you're just another guy with no idea.
I doubt it is the MSM8930 as that is supposed to come out in Q3 right? Unless this phone comes out in Q3 too... Also, if it was that, I would have assumed VZW would have wanted to make a grand unveiling because that chip is better than the one in the One X... So, it seems unlikely to me... But that is just my opinion. We'll see what happens...
=== <<< @ >>> ===

Droid X2: Ditched!, Droid Inc2: SOLD, Droid Incredible 4G LTE: CM11.2 KitKat 4.4.2, TFP: Unlocked and on Stock JB 4.1.1 -> heaven, NOT SOLD!, Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Stock 4.4.2, iPod Touch 4g: Stock iOS 6 (iOS 6 bad, my $0.02)

demarcmj
Old
(Last edited by demarcmj; 18th May 2012 at 09:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezignstuff View Post
These benchmarks from a month ago showed an Adreno 225 GPU. This leak was the first to give us the screen resolution and processor clock speed, both of which turned out to be correct, so there's no reason to think it will be wrong about the GPU... especially when the alternative is a GPU that won't be out until October-December.

I think it's pretty clear which one of the three possibilities I posted yesterday makes the most sense, and it's not the one in which Verizon releases a phone in May with a top-of-the-line Q3 GPU and doesn't even mention graphics in the press release.

What "proof" have you seen that it's the Adreno 305?

32GB Marble White (Verizon)
ROM: CyanogenMod 11 M9 Snapshot

Retired: HTC Incredible, LG enV2, Samsung SCH-A630

Alton (Halo 2)
Old
Thanks Meter 90
I'm still trying to decide this or rezound ? I really like the rezound screen and speed . Which should I get?

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Alton (Halo 2) For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

itsmefu
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alton (Halo 2) View Post
I'm still trying to decide this or rezound ? I really like the rezound screen and speed . Which should I get?

Rezound has a better screen and is .3" larger. The Inc4G has a nice screen too it's just not as good as the Rezound. The Inc4G is faster though. It has a S4 processor and will perform much better than the Rezound.
Verizon Galaxy S3 - Rooted
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itsmefu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

demarcmj
Old
(Last edited by demarcmj; 23rd May 2012 at 03:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmefu View Post
Rezound has a better screen and is .3" larger. The Inc4G has a nice screen too it's just not as good as the Rezound. The Inc4G is faster though. It has a S4 processor and will perform much better than the Rezound.
It (the Inc 4G) is also thinner and lighter, will have much better battery life, will have a better camera (HW & SW combined), and has NFC and Bluetooth 4.0.

The display is pretty much the only reason to get a Rezound at this point. For some people, the 4" may just be a little too small. Some people might just want that nice high-ppi that the Rezound has. Otherwise, the Inc 4G is a better pick.

Getting back to Alton, he said he really likes the Rezound's screen, so maybe that's the best choice for him. Although, it may be important to ask what is the part of the Rezound's screen that he "really likes." If it's the size, then that pretty much is what it is. If 4" is just too small, then go with the Rezound. But if it's the screen quality that is what's drawing you to the Rezound, I'd probably hold off for now... wait for the Inc 4G to be released and see what you think of the display. It'd be a shame to compromise on pretty much every other aspect of the phone just to get the nice screen, and then find out when the Inc 4G is released that you can't really tell a difference (or at least enough of a difference to warrant the compromise). Just my opinion.

32GB Marble White (Verizon)
ROM: CyanogenMod 11 M9 Snapshot

Retired: HTC Incredible, LG enV2, Samsung SCH-A630
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to demarcmj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Alton (Halo 2)
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by demarcmj View Post
It (the Inc 4G) is also thinner and lighter, will have much better battery life, will have a better camera (HW & SW combined), and has NFC and Bluetooth 4.0.

The display is pretty much the only reason to get a Rezound at this point. For some people, the 4" may just be a little too small. Some people might just want that nice high-ppi that the Rezound has. Otherwise, the Inc 4G is a better pick.

Getting back to Alton, he said he really likes the Rezound's screen, so maybe that's the best choice for him. Although, it may be important to ask what is the part of the Rezound's screen that he "really likes." If it's the size, then that pretty much is what it is. If 4" is just too small, then go with the Rezound. But if it's the screen quality that is what's drawing you to the Rezound, I'd probably hold off for now... wait for the Inc 4G to be released and see what you think of the display. It'd be a shame to compromise on pretty much every other aspect of the phone just to get the nice screen, and then find out when the Inc 4G is released that you can't really tell a difference (or at least enough of a difference to warrant the compromise). Just my opinion.
I do like specs better over screen so well see