ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] USB Data Connection Issue

OP ingrouille

23rd May 2012, 06:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

51 posts
I used to be able to plug my phone into my PC and slide down the notifications to enable a USB connection but I'm unable to anymore.
I checked that debug is on. I've even tried via the Wifi Settings USB Connection method. The phone will charge but is not seen by the PC. I've tried other PCs and other cables. It doesn;t show up in Device manager and I've also tried the windows drivers for the phone.
The only thing that has changed in the past month or so is that I replaced my Clockwork Recovery module with the stock recovery module and my phone is no longer rooted. Any ideas anyone?
23rd May 2012, 06:26 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2,195

6,306 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingrouille

I used to be able to plug my phone into my PC and slide down the notifications to enable a USB connection but I'm unable to anymore.
I checked that debug is on. I've even tried via the Wifi Settings USB Connection method. The phone will charge but is not seen by the PC. I've tried other PCs and other cables. It doesn;t show up in Device manager and I've also tried the windows drivers for the phone.
The only thing that has changed in the past month or so is that I replaced my Clockwork Recovery module with the stock recovery module and my phone is no longer rooted. Any ideas anyone?

Just enable USB storage before plugging in

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
23rd May 2012, 06:53 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

51 posts
Like I said I tried the Mass Storage connection method via the menu in Wifi Settings. The onscreen instructions say to enable then to plug in. Still get nothing.
23rd May 2012, 07:59 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 23

192 posts
Try reinstalling the driver that might do the trick. I am having the same issue but I am running the unofficial cm9.. good luck to us both and is it the same cable u always been using cause I bought 2$ cable off eBay it only charges no USB connection

Sent From Galaxy Bigger Than Yours.
23rd May 2012, 05:32 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

51 posts
I tried to re-install drivers and I'm using a known working cable - the one that came with the phone.
It really is strange. The only thing that has happened recently is my phone was rooted with Clockwork Recovery and then I reverted back to stock.
I'll see what happens after the ICS update comes from Telus next month, I guess.
Not a big deal as I can use AirDroid to transfer stuff over wifi.
24th May 2012, 12:53 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

51 posts
Since rebooted a couple times now everything is working. I also had a problem with the lock screen rotating and phone defaulting to speakerphone. everything is back to normal now but i wish i knew what caused it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread