"Breaking News" HuluPlus.apk Has Been Successfully Modded By Vgeezy

Search This thread

jackiemariee

May 23, 2012
Used to work on Galaxy S2, but now I cant dowload

does the link work?
I can't download any of the 2 versions

I used to be able to download this onto my Galaxy S2, but then I had to reset my phone. When I tried to re-download this app, it doesn't do anything. It just sits there on a blank white screen. Someone please help!!!

***Nevermind. Saw the re-uploaded button. Now it works*** THANKS!!!

Last edited:

DroidBurgundy

Feb 21, 2012
Thank you for this app and for all the good comments on this thread! I have been using this for a few weeks now on my nook color and Droid 2, and without it I wouldn't have kept my Hulu+ service. I also simply white listed Hulu using adaway and I have yet to experience any real issues with it.:cool:

May 19, 2010
Thanks! Works fine and much appreciated.

Just wondering if you can make an updated mod verison for the one listed on the current market? Thanks in adv.

theja239

Jan 25, 2011
guntur
Thanks! Very use full app.
Working for me.if any problems definetly inform you.good work.:)

Sent from my WT19i using xda premium

Last edited:

sonicmoon

simply a fix for stock Hulu+ app ?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like this mod is to fix a problem that some android devices experienced with the 'stock' app in the market/play store.

The viewable content isn't any different however from the stock Hulu+ app - being limited on android devices and tv to simply excerpts, ads, and one episode from Naruto. Everything else is Hulu+ category, unlike viewing from computer.
I know it was specified clearly that Hulu+ content is not viewable with this mod unless you have a Hulu+ account, but I was unaware that Hulu blocked access to all the free content you get via computer and made it Hulu+ accessible only when you're using an android device.

Is that the gist of it?

Works without errors on my: LG G2x, Kindle Fire

Last edited:

Dwain77

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like this mod is to fix a problem that some android devices experienced with the 'stock' app in the market/play store.

The viewable content isn't any different however from the stock Hulu+ app - being limited on android devices and tv to simply excerpts, ads, and one episode from Naruto. Everything else is Hulu+ category, unlike viewing from computer.
I know it was specified clearly that Hulu+ content is not viewable with this mod unless you have a Hulu+ account, but I was unaware that Hulu blocked access to all the free content you get via computer and made it Hulu+ accessible only when you're using an android device.

Is that the gist of it?

Works without errors on my: LG G2x, Kindle Fire

This app is for all the Android devices that currently aren't officially supported by hulu. You are correct, Hulu provides free content through PC only. Viewing of content through a mobile device or game console requires Hulu+.

sonicmoon

Hulu free content on android devices/mobile and game consoles

You are correct, Hulu provides free content through PC only. Viewing of content through a mobile device or game console requires Hulu+.

Thanks...

There's actually *some* free content for non-Hulu+ users, but it's limited to only some excerpts, ads, and one episode of Naruto - so basically, extremely limited to near nil. ;)

TechSavvy2

Sep 26, 2011
Ask and Ye shall receive. I posted the landscape mod in my first post.

Then I shall ask.......would it be difficult to create a tablet version of this? The op versions do work, but have funky resolution issues. And I know many many many people would be very greatful:)

It sucks when my device is officially supported......but can't be used due to unlocked bootloader:( Or might you know of a way around the whole bootloader issue? Transformer Prime is supported but obviously get the error 91 message.

Last edited:

ahavens17

Nov 11, 2006
Then I shall ask.......would it be difficult to create a tablet version of this? The op versions do work, but have funky resolution issues. And I know many many many people would be very greatful:)

It sucks when my device is officially supported......but can't be used due to unlocked bootloader:( Or might you know of a way around the whole bootloader issue? Transformer Prime is supported but obviously get the error 91 message.

+1

Just unlocked the bootloader on my Prime last night, and Hulu Plus stopped working, but this modified app works, although the menus all seem kind of off. Videos stream fine however. A tablet version would be much appreciated if it's possible :D

Last edited:

gwhitevt

Jun 20, 2011
modded hulu and adaway

the modded Hulu .APK and AdAway combination worked for me on my VZW Galaxy Nex. I am running GummyNex 1.2.0.

thanks all.

gerard0986

Dec 16, 2007
Victorville
If you add "ads.hulu.com" and "p.hulu.com" to your whitelist in adaway you'll still be able to block ads from other apps. I know i get tired of rebooting the phone when i want to turn off ads to watch hulu. Hope this helps.

Sent from my MT4G running MIUI4v ICS

Worked fine on my Samsung i777 (AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2).

Also worked fine with AdAway with this post's help. Thanks. :D Adblocking AND Hulu.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello All, I am Vgeezy....

As the title states, I have modded the huluplus.apk to work on any android device. It does not, I repeat does not require root!! YAY!!! No it does not give you free access to hulu plus, you still have to get a paid subscription to view the paid content. But if you don't have paid subscription, you can still view the free gallery. Enough talking I hope you enjoy this. Here's my video proof that it does work:

IF YOU HAVE AN AD BLOCKER ON YOUR DEVICE, THE HULU APP WILL JUST BUFFER OR FC. DISABLE YOUR AD BLOCKER WHILE USING THIS APP. IT'S BLOCKING THE ADS HULU BROADCAST, SO IT WILL NOT PLAY.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR DEVICE.

Click on video link to see proof....

Mod HuluPlus.apk Video

ModHuluplus.apk

Landscape Mod Huluplus.apk
    If you add "ads.hulu.com" and "p.hulu.com" to your whitelist in adaway you'll still be able to block ads from other apps. I know i get tired of rebooting the phone when i want to turn off ads to watch hulu. Hope this helps.

Sent from my MT4G running MIUI4v ICS
    Ask and Ye shall receive. I posted the landscape mod in my first post.
    I Was having the buffering issue, too. Even though i didnt have any ad blocking software. I Fixed it by downloading adaway then disabling ad blocking through it.

Sent from my Adam using XDA