XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Am I bricked? :(

Tip us?

qkster
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4508
you're too kind, bro.

I think sf threw you off because he wasn't even on the field yet.

Once he's with the program, his arse is yours.
The Following User Says Thank You to qkster For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Judge Joseph Dredd
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Judgment is Coming
Thanks Meter 21362
Quote:
Originally Posted by qkster View Post
you're too kind, bro.
I think sf threw you off because he wasn't even on the field yet.
Once he's with the program, his arse is yours.
Yes sir...

Control Operator 1: Do you require backup? Judge Dredd: No.

You require Assistance, just @ or send it, to my Inbox.
The Following User Says Thank You to Judge Joseph Dredd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sfgiants2010
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Hm...so this is what I'm doing: I double click the file. It opens up to Heimdall. I connect my phone in download mode and it says connected in green. Then I hit flash initially when flash bootloaders is still unselectable. Before I had dinner (left after my last post), it was finishing that and failing the first time through. Then I would check the flash bootloaders box and hit flash again. Then it would start up and prompt me to format the USB drivers for the phone. So then after I did that and the driver was winUSB, it just stopped doing anything.
Now after dinner and disconnecting it and restarting without flash bootloaders, it just gets to the driver formatting for the USB slots. So after I format it again just does nothing. And the bottom says "done." Not sure why it's stuck there. I'm so lost Still really appreciating the feedback haha. I can't try a different computer as this is the only Windows machine in my house. This is actually the only USB port that connects even. So what should I do? Something else? Thanks!

Judge Joseph Dredd
Old
Thanks Meter 21362
I'm stuck ...you say driver formating USB?
Does the zidig open to ask for drivers...and you select options/all usb devices...then you click the install button...?

sfgiants2010
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoe2675 View Post
I'm stuck ...you say driver formating USB?
Does the zidig open to ask for drivers...and you select options/all usb devices...then you click the install button...?
Yeah that's exactly what I'm doing. And then it just stops running and says "done" at the bottom. I clicked details and this is what was in there:

Device not connected.Ready for flash.FLASH ROUTINE INITIATED!!!!<SUPER LONG LINE HERE>
###executing: C:\Users\devinb\AppData\Local\Temp\devinbHeimdallO neClick1A7A2564\\Elevate.exe###Response from command "C:\Users\devinb\AppData\Local\Temp\devinbHeimdall OneClick1A7A2564\\Elevate.exe":nullnullHeimdall v1.3.1, Copyright (c) 2010-2011, Benjamin Dobell, Glass Echidna
http://www.glassechidna.com.au
This software is provided free of charge. Copying and redistribution is
encouraged.
If you appreciate this software and you would like to support future
development please consider donating:
http://www.glassechidna.com.au/donate/
Initialising connection...
Detecting device...
ERROR: Failed to access device. libusb error: -12
Device not connected.

So it looks like it disconnects or something after the drivers? Not sure what's supposed to be happening though so I don't know if that helps. Anything else I can try?

Judge Joseph Dredd
Old
Thanks Meter 21362
I would uninstall that heimdall suite and any thing else you installed for heimdall learning...reboot your PC...and run just the one click...i have never seem that what you posted...i believe the program is not jive with the one click...

The Following User Says Thank You to Judge Joseph Dredd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sfgiants2010
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Okay, I just uninstalled the extra crap I had t ried. Give me a few minutes, about to reboot and try again. I'll post on here after how it goes. Thanks again!

sfgiants2010
Old
(Last edited by sfgiants2010; 23rd May 2012 at 06:25 AM.) Reason: Forgot something
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Okay so I rebooted and clicked on the one-click again. This time, very different process. First it had me install MSVC+ and then the USB formatting drivers. Then when I was done with that and closed the driver window, the heimdall client itself opened up I hit flash. The first one failed like all the guides said it should have. Then I went ahead and checked the flash bootloaders box and flashed one more time. It got to "Initialising protocol" and has stalled I think. The bottom right corner says "done" and nothing is happening. My phone is still in download mode, showing the yellow triangle with an android sweeping up and it says "Downloading". I'm trying my best to provide you guys with as many details as possible. What would you recommend I do now? :eek:

EDIT: This is what the details part of it said near the bottom:

Checking if protocol is initialised...
Protocol is not initialised.
Initialising protocol...
ERROR: Failed to initialise protocol!

sfgiants2010
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Also, my phone in download mode says the following in the top left corner in white font:
Custom binary download: no
Current binary: Samsung official

Don't know if that makes a difference...

xDa.Fun
Old
Thanks Meter 801

DONATE TO ME
Some extra tips:

1. Try to reinstall Java Run time with the latest one.
2. Turn off Anti Virus and Firewalls.
3. Try on different PC and also use different USB cable.
My Device : Android JB 4.2.2
God loves Fun

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xDa.Fun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]