Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,924 Members 45,431 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery Pack Compatibility with Tab 2 7.0?

Tip us?
 
sl0ttedpig
Old
#1  
sl0ttedpig's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 154
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Default Battery Pack Compatibility with Tab 2 7.0?

I currently have an older 1800mA Kensington battery pack which drains the power on my Tab like nobodies business. I've been looking at a replacement, and have read conflicting reports of these working/not working. Anybody have one that can confirm works with the Tab 2 7.0?

And if it does work, are you using the stock cable?

Trent IMP1000 - http://www.amazon.com/New-Trent-IMP1.../dp/B003ZBZ64Q

Incredicharge I-11000 - http://www.amazon.com/Incredicharge-.../dp/B006YJEBGK

TIA!

If you think I helped in any way, then please either click on "Thanks" or if you'd like, you can buy me a beer!
 
Palthron
Old
#2  
Palthron's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 36
Join Date: Feb 2009
Might not be what you wanted as this only has 5Ah capacity for its 3,7v internal battery, but Sanyo Eneloop KBC-L2B does the job albeit with only 1A ouput (half the original charger rate).

NB : Tested on GT-P5100, should have more or less equivalent results
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1337541923328.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	1073252
The Following User Says Thank You to Palthron For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sl0ttedpig
Old
#3  
sl0ttedpig's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 154
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palthron View Post
Might not be what you wanted as this only has 5Ah capacity for its 3,7v internal battery, but Sanyo Eneloop KBC-L2B does the job albeit with only 1A ouput (half the original charger rate).

NB : Tested on GT-P5100, should have more or less equivalent results
Attachment 1073252
Ouch, that is quite expensive (or least the one I've found on Amazon is)!

But thanks for confirming there is an alternative, and maybe hope for one of the 2 devices I'm looking at.

If you think I helped in any way, then please either click on "Thanks" or if you'd like, you can buy me a beer!
 
Palthron
Old
(Last edited by Palthron; 23rd May 2012 at 07:34 AM.)
#4  
Palthron's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 36
Join Date: Feb 2009
Trent iCruiser IMP1000 11000mAh specifications page reveals only 1A output at 5V, meaning it may or may not work depends on the room temperature.

As written on the Tab's original charger, the power controller on the tablet can pull out as much as 2A power from a charger. This means that on a charger (either portable or wallmount) that's only rated at 1A, the charger will work at its maximum capacity. It will all comes down to the build quality of the charger, and mostly its heat dissipation capability. If the charger gets too hot, it will cut of its power.

With that being said, you may wan't to stay away from Incredicharge. There's no written spesification nor contact number on the official page. Getting this is gambling based on customer reviews only.

You might wan't to scout some more alternatives, preferably one with a minimum of 2A output. But if it comes down to those two, Trent iCruiser IMP1000 11000mAh is the better bet.

NB : Original cable works fine.
NB : Just reread my reply, i sound like an old man talking to his grandchild Really sorry about that.

Both of these provide 2A output.
Anker Astro3 10000mAh - $59.99
EZOPower Black 2-Port Ultra High-capacity Portable External Rechargable Backup Battey Pack -10000mAh - $54.99
 
sl0ttedpig
Old
#5  
sl0ttedpig's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 154
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palthron View Post
Trent iCruiser IMP1000 11000mAh specifications page reveals only 1A output at 5V, meaning it may or may not work depends on the room temperature.

As written on the Tab's original charger, the power controller on the tablet can pull out as much as 2A power from a charger. This means that on a charger (either portable or wallmount) that's only rated at 1A, the charger will work at its maximum capacity. It will all comes down to the build quality of the charger, and mostly its heat dissipation capability. If the charger gets too hot, it will cut of its power.

With that being said, you may wan't to stay away from Incredicharge. There's no written spesification nor contact number on the official page. Getting this is gambling based on customer reviews only.

You might wan't to scout some more alternatives, preferably one with a minimum of 2A output. But if it comes down to those two, Trent iCruiser IMP1000 11000mAh is the better bet.

NB : Original cable works fine.
NB : Just reread my reply, i sound like an old man talking to his grandchild Really sorry about that.

Both of these provide 2A output.
Anker Astro3 10000mAh - $59.99
EZOPower Black 2-Port Ultra High-capacity Portable External Rechargable Backup Battey Pack -10000mAh - $54.99
Ha! No problem on the "advice", and I can probably guarantee I'm older than you, so I'm the one that feels like the grandfather!

I don't think voltage is a major concern, its more the fact that I've read that some Samsung devices simply won't charge because of the data/info being sent from the battery via the cable. Amazon is full of "This doesn't work", which I take with a grain of salt most of the time, but there are enough references to the Galaxy Tab to make me think there might be something in it here.

Either way, I've left it too late to make a decision this time, so I'll revisit when I get back from my travels. Thanks!

If you think I helped in any way, then please either click on "Thanks" or if you'd like, you can buy me a beer!
 
islandremix
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jan 2011
I have an isound 8000 mAh external battery. the owners manual says 2.1A output. I have charged my gTAB 2 7.0 (p3110) and my galaxy s (gt-i9000) both from around 15% battery life to full with one light left on the external battery.



Sent from my GT-P3110 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1347270158015.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	174.8 KB
ID:	1315575   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1347270171807.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	1315576   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1347270183972.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	167.9 KB
ID:	1315577   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1347270200166.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	1315578   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1347270214370.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	1315579  

 
dbeedle
Old
(Last edited by dbeedle; 10th September 2012 at 02:33 PM.)
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 55
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Normal, IL
Another iSound...this one is 16,000mAh. I've been eyeing this one for the tab...

http://richardsolo.com/portablepower...x#.UE3q_mGe7dd

If you look around you can often find discount coupons from this company.
 
islandremix
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeedle View Post
Another iSound...this one is 16,000mAh. I've been eyeing this one for the tab...

http://richardsolo.com/portablepower...x#.UE3q_mGe7dd

If you look around you can often find discount coupons from this company.
WoW! I did not know it went up to 16000mAh. That thing must be twice the size of the 8000mAh. I paid $49 for mine.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using xda app-developers app
 
bark777
Old
#9  
bark777's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 42
Posts: 171
Join Date: Feb 2012
Here is my tweaked unit. Same cells as Tesla roadster.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=30
 
dbeedle
Old
#10  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 55
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Normal, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandremix View Post
WoW! I did not know it went up to 16000mAh. That thing must be twice the size of the 8000mAh. I paid $49 for mine.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using xda app-developers app
Just got a note this morning...free shipping on the thing this week. Code: ship160.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Enjoy Wallpaper Overload with PhotoPhase

We don’t usually feature live wallpapers on the XDA Portal unless they are somewhat innovative … more

Monitor What Your Phone’s Camera Sees with Android Wear

Having a smart device strapped to your wrist certainly has its merits. A … more

Mod Lets You Have Stereo Speakers on Your Sony Xperia Z1 (Sort Of)

The stereo speakers onthe Sony Xperia Z2areprobably a relatively large … more

Give Your Screen Some Color with HexaTime Live Wallpaper

We don’t often cover very many live wallpapers here on the XDA Portal. You may … more