Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

[Q] So.. Is the Galaxy Note slower and more laggy than GS II?

OP jorkobe23

23rd May 2012, 10:15 AM   |  #61  
Thanks Meter: 39

157 posts
Donate to Me
I have both... if you have custom roms no lag for me. I also use go launcher ex
23rd May 2012, 11:23 AM   |  #62  
Thanks Meter: 81

828 posts
Yes but with custom roms, you always in a risk. I have seen people complaining with issue which persist after a certain period of time with these C-ROMs
23rd May 2012, 12:21 PM   |  #63  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
More
I'm confused.
Some people say stock ICS makes the phone feel A LOT smoother while others say it only makes a minor difference...

As for me, with stock gingerbread 2.3.6 the phone feels smooth enough (if I don't use a live wallpaper) but the overall experience in responsiveness is way behind iOS and my old iphone 4. Especially most of 3rd party apps completely lack animations compared to iOS, like the facebook app for example. Unnecessary effects you'd say but do make the interaction with your device more pleasant.

And another thing, stay away from the Samsung built-in email client and use the gmail one instead. It's laggy as hell. When I try to simply select and delete a mere message, the phone and the tactile feedback become almost unresponsive.

I wouldn't go back to Apple but to be fair, healthy criticism (based on facts and extensive usage) for every product should be acceptable. Nothing is perfect.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread