Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,501 Members 40,959 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[How To] ROOT- Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 [GT-P5113 / 5100 / 5110 & 4.0.4 UPGRADE or OEM]

Tip us?

weltwon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 452
Angry Repeat of prior post

Quote:
Originally Posted by aminbaik View Post
hellp
gt-p5100 have ics 4.0.3 it's anew tab 2 10.1 ! have wifi and 3g !
thnaks.
As I said 2 posts ago, only way you'll know if your problem is having a P5100 (vs. our P5113) or that you're trying to root from a computer other than one running Windows, is for you to get access to a PC running Windows and use the exact method on this thread. Then if it won't root, you'll know for sure that the problem is that you don't have a P5113 tablet.

Glenn

Wilkij
Old
(Last edited by Wilkij; 23rd May 2012 at 03:01 AM.) Reason: update
Thanks Meter 17
Thanks for the process, it was clear and complete (much better than others I've read). Better yet, it worked!

I have rooted my tab 2 7.0, but have a problem with superuser. It indicates it needs to update, but fails on any attempt to do so. Further, in its present state it will no give permission to programs like Titanium Backup to do their work. Any suggestions?

Never mind. I had thought the the SuperSU included superuser. It does not, I've downloaded superuser and all is OK.
Thanks

Palthron
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Apparently questioned, so here I'm confirming that this root method does work on GT-P5100 (Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1" ICS 4.03) with both WiFi and 3G slot. Has been since the second reply of this thread.

Belated thanks by the way

PanchoPlanet
Old
(Last edited by PanchoPlanet; 23rd May 2012 at 03:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 625

DONATE TO ME
Aminbaik, hellpp

Are you saying that your gt -p5100 has ics 4.0.3 ? Did you buy it like this ? Did you buy it new ?
Pp.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using XDA Premium HD app
Sent from my Ginger infused Asus G73.

PanchoPlanet
Old
Thanks Meter 625

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanchoPlanet View Post
P5100 is old school honeycomb based tab , this root will only work on ics based new tab 2.
Pp.

Delivered to you via microwave technology .
My mistake p-5100 is not old school honeycomb, my mistake . This the model you would get with a careir like Sprint, Verizon because of the 2g and 3g r radio 's. Other wise it should be the a same as the wi-fi model.
Pp.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using XDA Premium HD app

Nomoi
Old
(Last edited by Nomoi; 24th May 2012 at 12:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 133
Does anyone now if this method works on the GT-P5110 model (European version of the P5113, don't know if there are many differences, but for example there's no IR blaster). Thanks in advance!
Phone: LG Nexus 5 (16GB) // Stock 4.4.4
Samsung Galaxy SII (GT-I9100) // Retired
Tablet: Asus Nexus 7 (32GB WiFi) // CM11 Snapshot M7

mariconjo
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomoi View Post
Does anyone now if this method works on the GT-P5110 model (European version of the P5113, don't know if there's many differences, but for example there's no IR blaster). Thanks in advance!
+1
Samsung Galaxy SII

weltwon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 452
Angry Rooting GT-P5110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomoi View Post
Does anyone now if this method works on the GT-P5110 model (European version of the P5113, don't know if there's many differences, but for example there's no IR blaster). Thanks in advance!
Based on fact that European 7inch Tab 2 roots the same way as USA Tab 2 7inch, you should be able to use my GT-P5113 method (post 1 of this thread) to root your GT-P5110. Please post here to let everyone know if it works for you or not.

Glenn

[-o']
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I have a slight problem.

I've done the download mode step, and flashed the recovery, but then something weird happens.

The recovery screen kinda mirrors in the lower section of the screen. So when I access the recovery, I can choose "install zip from sd card" but it mirrors, so I can't really see what the hell I can choose.

Should I try the odin step again?
'sharing is caring'
Phone: Galaxy S3 I9300 running CM 11 nightly
Tablet: Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 running CM 11 nightly

PanchoPlanet
Old
Thanks Meter 625

DONATE TO ME
That's the way recovery is working on this build, you get a double image. Try switching to portriate mode it may be better to navigate. This is an issue that needs to be worked out.
Pp.

Delivered to you via microwave technology .