Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,062 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ICS ROM] TiramiSlim Final V. 2.0 [MULTILANG-25THEME-OTA-AROMA-CWM FileManager-SLIM]

Tip us?

Trainer_H
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I copy the database from the system and so i have not to recovery anything but now it doesn't work.

So i want to try MyBackup to restore my sms but it called error code 14: unable to open database file.

Stoux2
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer_H View Post
I copy the database from the system and so i have not to recovery anything but now it doesn't work.

So i want to try MyBackup to restore my sms but it called error code 14: unable to open database file.
Oh that is tricky, because if something in the framework of the system changes the database wont work, do you still have a Nandroid backup of your old rom? If yes, revert back to your old backup > Use Mybackup to backup your sms > Flash TiramiSlim again > and restore the sms again using mybackup.

Hit the Thanks button if anything I said was usefull

Phones:
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 2
  • Samsung Galaxy S [Status: Dying]

netdias
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Default Keyboard & input methods

Hello

Thank you for this rom, the speed increased from the latest Tiramisu 1.7 is noticeable.
I had lots of problems like described in some of this posts, but ultimately i could install and run with the default options in the Aroma setup.

Problem is that now I have only 2 options for the Keyboard & input methods
Google voice typing and swipe, there is no normal keyboard available and swipe is going to expire, leaving me just the google voice input.
Is this happening to anyone else ?

Regards
Pedro Dias

olarf
Old
Thanks Meter 287
Quote:
Problem is that now I have only 2 options for the Keyboard & input methods
Google voice typing and swipe, there is no normal keyboard available and swipe is going to expire, leaving me just the google voice input.
Is this happening to anyone else ?
Just go to CWM and start the AROMA installer (load tiramislim.zip)
then go on modify and there you can get the Samsung Keyboard for example as additional source.
Also youshould be able to unselect the Swipe Keyboard or also unistall it to go back to the basic Keyboard.

Samsung GT-I9295 - CM11 - apex launcher pro

netdias
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Thank you for the answer, faster than HTC support

I can find the options
Kernel, modem, bootanimation, gapps, themes, fonts, animations, audio, wipe & clear
Nothing related to additional sources or keyboard

Pedro

olarf
Old
(Last edited by olarf; 23rd May 2012 at 09:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 287
Quote:
I can find the options
Kernel, modem, bootanimation, gapps, themes, fonts, animations, audio, wipe & clear
Nothing related to additional sources or keyboard
if you click on next button after you scroll through all those stuff you see, the next menu with apps appear. There you find the Samsung Keyboard finaly.

Independent from that you can go to settiung and there to the Keyboards and when you press the options Button of swype you can select as fist point the Keyboard you like. There you can switch back to default Android Keyboard.

Even more independent from that I change the other phone today from Slim Kernel to Midnight Kernel, Slim is stable but not fast as the others are. To change it via Aroma works perfect as always and now the phone is much faster (also OC to 1128). Here the Antutu Screen:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-05-23-20-14-56.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	1079643  

Samsung GT-I9295 - CM11 - apex launcher pro
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olarf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Stoux2
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by olarf View Post
if you click on next button after you scroll through all those stuff you see, the next menu with apps appear. There you find the Samsung Keyboard finaly.

Independent from that you can go to settiung and there to the Keyboards and when you press the options Button of swype you can select as fist point the Keyboard you like. There you can switch back to default Android Keyboard.
Or AndroidIME (the stock Android keyboard )

Hit the Thanks button if anything I said was usefull

Phones:
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 2
  • Samsung Galaxy S [Status: Dying]

franzyroy
Old
(Last edited by franzyroy; 23rd May 2012 at 11:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2,032

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoux2 View Post

When you choose your Installation method and then pressed back button, but I believe I have fixed it !
OK, good!

Me, i don't have this problem then if you have found, explain me that i am seeing!

Otherwise, i have put the cwm file explorer in mine for see, it's really a great work, by cons, the persons must to do extremly be careful to not to make deletions irreversible inside!

in DualBoot on SGS IV: GT- I9505
The Following User Says Thank You to franzyroy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

netdias
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Thank you I have followed you suggestion and changed to the midnight kernel.
The changes were made flawlessly via aroma

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA
[Phone] Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000
[ROM] TiramiSlim Final 2 - Based on SlimICS 4.2
[Kernel] Midnight 20120523 LR 388RAM -> Devil3_0.99 VC with BigMem
[Kernel Settings] Half Man Half Biscuit Settings
[Modem] I9000ZSJPG
[Theme] Default
[Launcher] Apex Launcher v1.2.4
[Feel about the ROM] Always the best !

Half Man Half Biscuit
Old
(Last edited by Half Man Half Biscuit; 23rd May 2012 at 11:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 212
Just flashed Tiramisu Slim

At first i was beyond pissed because i had to flash the ROM 5 times OMG ,always stock on boot screen.
But i managed to defeat the damn boot screen lol

Running on stock ROM,Devil2_0.79 kernel (389 mb RAM ),no lagging at all,not one FC,modified some stuff with NSTools (SmartassV2 set on performance,edit:my settings),smooth as hell.I installed the Modem ZSJPG and my signal strength is much much better then before.

This is my first experience with this ROM,if it stays like this im going to stay on it for sure ahhhh almost forgot Battery seems very very good for the few hours im using it.Used it for about 5 hours and only lost 5% (and i used it heavily).

Thanks guys for the nice ROM

P.S. If i want to change lets say Modem or Kernel,do i have to flash the ROM completely new or can i get in AROMA installer without flashing new?

The Following User Says Thank You to Half Man Half Biscuit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
tiramislim, tiramisu