21st May 2012, 11:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

318 posts
Current info:
N1 from Jan 2010.
kernel 2.6.37.6-cyanogenmod-01505-g81b03a8 share@toxygene#1

CyanogenMod-7.1.0-RC1-N1

I'm not sure if I've uninstalled something but the in call volume has got so low I can barely make out people in conversations. The volume up/down is maxed but its still not loud enough.

Do you experienced people think this is caused by a physical fault, me removing/stopping some previous volume boosting service integrated to the ROM, or is there any form of fix? I've tried the basic applications on the market but they crash as soon as a call starts.

Thanks!
22nd May 2012, 03:21 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 219

933 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogiedogie

Current info:
N1 from Jan 2010.
kernel 2.6.37.6-cyanogenmod-01505-g81b03a8 share@toxygene#1

CyanogenMod-7.1.0-RC1-N1

I'm not sure if I've uninstalled something but the in call volume has got so low I can barely make out people in conversations. The volume up/down is maxed but its still not loud enough.

Do you experienced people think this is caused by a physical fault, me removing/stopping some previous volume boosting service integrated to the ROM, or is there any form of fix? I've tried the basic applications on the market but they crash as soon as a call starts.

Thanks!

Try to flash a standalone kernel. Look for it in the development thread.
23rd May 2012, 12:15 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

318 posts
Thanks.

I flashed to 7.2.0 which gave me a fresh kernel. Call volume seems a bit louder but not much and could still do with more :/
23rd May 2012, 12:38 AM   |  #4  
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 30

182 posts
More
I had identical issue with my N1 running CM7.2 RC2, in-call volume just way too low. Resolved by flashing the latest Tiamat N1 kernel. The one I tried was Tiamat_N1-v4.1.0 and you can download from tiamat-dev.com

Do a nandroid backup first so you can backout if something isn't right.
The Following User Says Thank You to CrustyMcLovin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th May 2012, 04:57 AM   |  #5  
Flag Aleppo
Thanks Meter: 8

152 posts
More
try to flash this kernel http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=653598
i flashed it with cm 7.2 and works great
13th June 2012, 06:16 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

318 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akram-aat

try to flash this kernel http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=653598
i flashed it with cm 7.2 and works great

Solved, thanks ^_^

Wish I'd found it before my 3 phone interviews at Google, luckily I got the job anyway
8th December 2013, 07:07 PM   |  #7  

1 posts
Thumbs up
After messing around with the millions of apps claiming to boost volume, finally found this forum post and updated my kernel to fix the issue. Even Volume+ app support section admits they can't make any changes to in call volume because of kernel limitations.

I was confused with kernel to use from intersectRaven but had great success with the Tiamat kernel posted above.

N1 running 7.2 Cyanogenmod

Thanks guys!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread