5,599,539 Members 41,059 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][ICS] Sawed Off Hand Edition - release 1 (CM9 - WiFi/BT) 20121020 + other ROMS

Tip us?

mvniekerk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 384

DONATE TO ME
No, I'm fine with in-call audio. Speakerphone also works.
chazaqdev.com

jakis39
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Seriously, is this supposed to be "Sawned" or "Sawed" ? This has been bothering me for a full week now and I can't believe no one else has commented on it. Am I missing something here?
do you even nexus?

dLo GSR
Old
Thanks Meter 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakis39 View Post
Seriously, is this supposed to be "Sawned" or "Sawed" ? This has been bothering me for a full week now and I can't believe no one else has commented on it. Am I missing something here?
sawned, duh...
Nexus 5 - Kit-Kat 4.4
Nexus 7 - CM 10.2 Jelly Bean 4.3
Samsung Galaxy S III - CM 10.2 Jelly Bean 4.3
Motorola Atrix 4G - CM9 Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4
Softbank 705px

danstheman7
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Default Potential Solution

Alright, update.

I took apart my phone, and removed, then re-soldered the small battery within the device (only because I accidentally ripped it off the PCB. All you really need to do is lift it up off the contact point, then push it back onto the contact point [as shown in the video])

It TEMPORARILY fixed the wifi-and only temporarily. It lasted three minutes or so, then turned off, and the phone started rebooting again.

Not sure if the battery needs to be replaced or what, but it definitely has something to do with why our WiFi no longer works.

Followed this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYz_RiuFVRk

Used IFixIt to figure out which screws needed to be replaced.

Unfortunately I had to drill through the screws (only the silver ones around the outside, not the black screws) to remove the back, because I had no T5 Torx screwdriver, and I stripped the original screws that came with the phone.

MAKE SURE, if you're going to attempt to remove the back, THAT YOU BUY A T5 TORX (or the correct specific size, don't quote me on the fact it's size T5).

Good luck.

Oh, and also, the no sound during calls is related to my hardware. After playing with the speaker, I realized they're both linked.
I've ordered a replacement backing (which includes antenna, speaker, aux jack).
If this post or my GS4G Guide (located here) helped you, do me a favor and hit thanks

My Old Devices (on AT&T):
~SOLD Motorola Blackjack
~DEFECTIVE Motorola Backflip
~SOLD Jailbroken Apple iPhone 3GS
~SOLD Jailbroken Apple iPhone 4
~SOLD Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S 4G
~SOLD Unlocked HTC Inspire 4G
~DEFECTIVE Motorola Atrix 4G
~SOLD Unlocked HTC One X

CURRENT PHONE: Galaxy S 4 AT&T (Rooted)
The Following User Says Thank You to danstheman7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

r1c47
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by neer2005 View Post
My ATRIX also crapped out on me. No wifi , can't we get enough exposure to make Motorola do something about it?
Media exposure, like, get "big" media sites to post about it on their front page, like xda, engadget, ars, etc. and hopefully get a recall.
Out something like that.

nerfman100
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1c47 View Post
Media exposure, like, get "big" media sites to post about it on their front page, like xda, engadget, ars, etc. and hopefully get a recall.
Out something like that.
A recall? I'm sure it's too late for that. Plus, if there was a recall, they'd probably give us ones without BL-unlocking.

thegogetter-
Old
Thanks Meter 1
https://forums.motorola.com/posts/0c2f1387d6
The Following User Says Thank You to thegogetter- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mvniekerk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 384

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by danstheman7 View Post

It TEMPORARILY fixed the wifi-and only temporarily. It lasted three minutes or so, then turned off, and the phone started rebooting again.

Not sure if the battery needs to be replaced or what, but it definitely has something to do with why our WiFi no longer works.
Thanks DansTheMan. My feeling exactly - I also did the remove-battery-from-contact thing and it also temporarily fixed the issue for me. Just shortly after 5 minutes it start kicking my dog again.

As to really making sure that the battery is the problem, one should find out the voltage of that battery, get a bench power supply, short out the battery and supply the voltage (through the bps), put on the phone and see if the problem still persists.

As to Sawned vs Sawed off - correct English is Sawed. I'm claiming English as second language as my defence :)
chazaqdev.com

mvniekerk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 384

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dLo GSR View Post
my coworker's sister designed the Atrix antenna and she said that the RTC battery has nothing to do with the wifi module. just my 2 cents.
Your coworker's sister - can she tell us what is the voltage of that RTC battery? That will be a huge help.
chazaqdev.com

jakis39
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by dLo GSR View Post
sawned, duh...
Sawned isn't a word.
do you even nexus?

Tags
atrix, cm9, error, rom, wifi