5,814,720 Members 52,429 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][DISCONTINUED] ::DARKSIDE::DIGITAL::WARFARE:: [v2.7][TOUCH/TOUCHLESS]

Tip us?
 
nighthawk1991
Old
#4601  
nighthawk1991's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 111
Posts: 264
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Zacapa
I'm still on DW, i think ICS isn't stable enough to move on... I hope one day we can enjoy an official ICS update flavored by tdj with his magic hands...

Nighthawk's Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nighthawk1991 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
SupaKid
Old
#4602  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 141
Posts: 612
Join Date: May 2010
Say, Dev TDJ, when Darkside UVLDE arrives, will it be Digital Warfare 2.8, or a standalone Darkside ROM?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
"It has a 16 megapixel processor, quadcore core RAM and a 2 gigabyte camera? Sign me up!"
 
thederekjay
Old
#4603  
thederekjay's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 9,024
Posts: 4,605
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: DARKSIDE

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaKid View Post
Say, Dev TDJ, when Darkside UVLDE arrives, will it be Digital Warfare 2.8, or a standalone Darkside ROM?
It will be v3

:: DARKSIDE ::

"I am turned into a sort of machine for observing facts and grinding out conclusions..."
D A R K S I D E

"Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the DARKSIDE..."

Find me [HERE] on Google+
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thederekjay For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
SupaKid
Old
#4604  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 141
Posts: 612
Join Date: May 2010
Alright, thanks!

(I was trying to 'Thank' the post, but it seems I've already used my 8-Thanks-per-day Limit)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
"It has a 16 megapixel processor, quadcore core RAM and a 2 gigabyte camera? Sign me up!"
 
Z-Man™
Old
#4605  
Z-Man™'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 155
Posts: 509
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: East Bethel
Had a weird reboot running 2.6 today the screen went black and it vibed twice then turned back on with no startup screens but it did the usual auto update of time and date and scanning the sd card.

Sent from the darkside of the galaxy
GiGGiTy GiGGiTy
 
OreoBoyVa
Old
#4606  
OreoBoyVa's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 289
Join Date: May 2012
Location: yo moms crib
This is my favorite rom for my S2. Now I have a sensation to add to my collection and I must say this phone sadly seems just a good as the s2 other then display. The camera is a hell of about better in low light.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium
 
synenergy52
Old
#4607  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 110
Join Date: Oct 2011
Thanks, DerekJay. I wanted to comment that this rom is great. However there still is a problem with the MMS still showing 1/2 the screen and small. It is weird, however, that the file size is still showing large as if normal (minimal compression) for example its showing 158kb for one pic I sent someone. But when I go to review it (click on it) it's small and pixelated--as if around 8-15kb like on a stock T989 rom. However the message properties show its a large file size. With ICS, MMS pics show full screen and sharp as if viewing directly from your phones internal memory. Can you address/look into this some how?

BTW, I donated last night $5 =)
 
clninja
Old
#4608  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 251
Posts: 868
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Man™ View Post
Had a weird reboot running 2.6 today the screen went black and it vibed twice then turned back on with no startup screens but it did the usual auto update of time and date and scanning the sd card.

Sent from the darkside of the galaxy
I highly doubt any complaints about bugs in versions that are not the current/latest version of the rom are going to be addressed.

Upgrade to the newest version (2.7) and then if you still have issues you can post about them.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
 
thederekjay
Old
#4609  
thederekjay's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 9,024
Posts: 4,605
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: DARKSIDE

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by synenergy52 View Post
Thanks, DerekJay. I wanted to comment that this rom is great. However there still is a problem with the MMS still showing 1/2 the screen and small. It is weird, however, that the file size is still showing large as if normal (minimal compression) for example its showing 158kb for one pic I sent someone. But when I go to review it (click on it) it's small and pixelated--as if around 8-15kb like on a stock T989 rom. However the message properties show its a large file size. With ICS, MMS pics show full screen and sharp as if viewing directly from your phones internal memory. Can you address/look into this some how?

BTW, I donated last night $5 =)
Thanks for the donation. When running this rom I didn't have issues with mms pixelated. If you could upload a screen shot so maybe I can understand better.

:: DARKSIDE ::

"I am turned into a sort of machine for observing facts and grinding out conclusions..."
D A R K S I D E

"Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the DARKSIDE..."

Find me [HERE] on Google+
 
synenergy52
Old
(Last edited by synenergy52; 25th May 2012 at 04:18 PM.)
#4610  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 110
Join Date: Oct 2011
Ok uploaded. This uploaded as 38KB. The original PNG on my computer is 232kb. It downsized. But the full size 232kb looks soft and pixelated. the original file on my phones internal memory is SHARP and brilliant.

Basically after sending an MMS, and you click on it, it should display full screen like in ICS. But instead it's displaying exactly like on a stock T989 (like 1/3rd screen and pixelated/slightly soft) but it IS strange that its displaying a large file size (150kb+) which IS normal and should show sharply/full screen. but it displays tiny and soft.

I switched back from ICS rom because (chicago) was laggy and wifi calling delayed. possible to port the ICS MMS over to this??

I will continue to test it some more to see if anything changes. other than that, this rom is very speedy and reliable. i like it a lot. The fact that MMS file sizes are showing large again (150kb+) is at least a good sign.

I am an avid photographer so I can definitely tell there's a sharpness difference between displayed from phones internal memory and on MMS. Again the ICS MMS runs perfect.. if only it could be like that!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	testmmst989darkside.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	1083776  

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes