Thread Closed

[ROM][DISCONTINUED] ::DARKSIDE::DIGITAL::WARFARE:: [v2.7][TOUCH/TOUCHLESS]

OP thederekjay

24th May 2012, 05:38 AM   |  #4601  
Flag Zacapa
Thanks Meter: 122

269 posts
More
I'm still on DW, i think ICS isn't stable enough to move on... I hope one day we can enjoy an official ICS update flavored by tdj with his magic hands...

Nighthawk's Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nighthawk1991 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th May 2012, 12:19 PM   |  #4602  
Thanks Meter: 143

618 posts
Say, Dev TDJ, when Darkside UVLDE arrives, will it be Digital Warfare 2.8, or a standalone Darkside ROM?
24th May 2012, 01:35 PM   |  #4603  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag DARKSIDE
Thanks Meter: 9,026

4,609 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaKid

Say, Dev TDJ, when Darkside UVLDE arrives, will it be Digital Warfare 2.8, or a standalone Darkside ROM?

It will be v3

:: DARKSIDE ::

"I am turned into a sort of machine for observing facts and grinding out conclusions..."
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thederekjay For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th May 2012, 02:33 PM   |  #4604  
Thanks Meter: 143

618 posts
Alright, thanks!

(I was trying to 'Thank' the post, but it seems I've already used my 8-Thanks-per-day Limit)
25th May 2012, 12:01 AM   |  #4605  
Flag East Bethel
Thanks Meter: 155

509 posts
More
Had a weird reboot running 2.6 today the screen went black and it vibed twice then turned back on with no startup screens but it did the usual auto update of time and date and scanning the sd card.

Sent from the darkside of the galaxy
25th May 2012, 02:08 PM   |  #4606  
Flag yo moms crib
Thanks Meter: 24

289 posts
More
This is my favorite rom for my S2. Now I have a sensation to add to my collection and I must say this phone sadly seems just a good as the s2 other then display. The camera is a hell of about better in low light.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium
25th May 2012, 02:55 PM   |  #4607  
Thanks Meter: 17

110 posts
Thanks, DerekJay. I wanted to comment that this rom is great. However there still is a problem with the MMS still showing 1/2 the screen and small. It is weird, however, that the file size is still showing large as if normal (minimal compression) for example its showing 158kb for one pic I sent someone. But when I go to review it (click on it) it's small and pixelated--as if around 8-15kb like on a stock T989 rom. However the message properties show its a large file size. With ICS, MMS pics show full screen and sharp as if viewing directly from your phones internal memory. Can you address/look into this some how?

BTW, I donated last night $5 =)
25th May 2012, 03:23 PM   |  #4608  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 251

869 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Man™

Had a weird reboot running 2.6 today the screen went black and it vibed twice then turned back on with no startup screens but it did the usual auto update of time and date and scanning the sd card.

Sent from the darkside of the galaxy

I highly doubt any complaints about bugs in versions that are not the current/latest version of the rom are going to be addressed.

Upgrade to the newest version (2.7) and then if you still have issues you can post about them.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
25th May 2012, 03:26 PM   |  #4609  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag DARKSIDE
Thanks Meter: 9,026

4,609 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by synenergy52

Thanks, DerekJay. I wanted to comment that this rom is great. However there still is a problem with the MMS still showing 1/2 the screen and small. It is weird, however, that the file size is still showing large as if normal (minimal compression) for example its showing 158kb for one pic I sent someone. But when I go to review it (click on it) it's small and pixelated--as if around 8-15kb like on a stock T989 rom. However the message properties show its a large file size. With ICS, MMS pics show full screen and sharp as if viewing directly from your phones internal memory. Can you address/look into this some how?

BTW, I donated last night $5 =)

Thanks for the donation. When running this rom I didn't have issues with mms pixelated. If you could upload a screen shot so maybe I can understand better.

:: DARKSIDE ::

"I am turned into a sort of machine for observing facts and grinding out conclusions..."
25th May 2012, 04:15 PM   |  #4610  
Thanks Meter: 17

110 posts
Ok uploaded. This uploaded as 38KB. The original PNG on my computer is 232kb. It downsized. But the full size 232kb looks soft and pixelated. the original file on my phones internal memory is SHARP and brilliant.

Basically after sending an MMS, and you click on it, it should display full screen like in ICS. But instead it's displaying exactly like on a stock T989 (like 1/3rd screen and pixelated/slightly soft) but it IS strange that its displaying a large file size (150kb+) which IS normal and should show sharply/full screen. but it displays tiny and soft.

I switched back from ICS rom because (chicago) was laggy and wifi calling delayed. possible to port the ICS MMS over to this??

I will continue to test it some more to see if anything changes. other than that, this rom is very speedy and reliable. i like it a lot. The fact that MMS file sizes are showing large again (150kb+) is at least a good sign.

I am an avid photographer so I can definitely tell there's a sharpness difference between displayed from phones internal memory and on MMS. Again the ICS MMS runs perfect.. if only it could be like that!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	testmmst989darkside.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	1083776  
Last edited by synenergy52; 25th May 2012 at 04:18 PM.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread