FORUMS

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more

LG G4 XDA Forum Opened

LG’s latest & greatest is just a few hours away from launching, and with so many power users that are … more

Android Wear Close to Running on Samsung Gear 2

Android is an OS that can sometimes be ported to run on devices not designed to … more

The Curious Case Of The Flash Sale

What do the horses in the Xiaomi stable, notably the Mi 3, Mi 4, Redmi 1S, Redmi 2 & Redmi Note … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROM] MIUI.us v4 ICS 4G WiMax working

24th May 2012, 04:41 AM |#901  
Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxfanj

Its only when its over 160 characters. We need to fix the mms apk. Sorry, we've got a lot to do. I think I may start this particular port over with the fascinate.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

No no don't be sorry at all I'm looking forward to it, sorry I had not realized the error was in the texts being over 160 characters. I just didnt search the posts throughly so I apologize but looking forward to the update man.
 
 
24th May 2012, 04:57 AM |#902  
sonarchist's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Washington, DC
Thanks Meter: 227
 
Donate to Me
More
This is what I'm showing so far =
DL was swift 4 both miui.gapps as well as miui; from total wipe, flashed both files:
Phone = chk (no rOd)
Sms = *edit > default mms app missing (will DL gosms)
Camera = chk (settings, pic, social media icons are fine)
Video = chk (720 HDvideo, w/ 1 sec tearing fr playback)
Email = chk
4g = chk
3g = chk (has 1x w/ bars showing data)

Also, was able to DL xda app to post miui findings thus far.........fyi: was running a clean install of CM9beta3 + CWM5.5.0.4 before flashing.
***edit: monday nite > ODIN'd EL30/victory.tar, + FC09 ota quickly loaded/installed.......ODIN'd CWM5.0.2.7, flashed CM9beta3, Play Store installed my apps.........
***thnx to EpicMiuiTeam, this evening created nandroid, + here we are!.........added details, may be helpful to others

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
Last edited by sonarchist; 24th May 2012 at 07:17 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sonarchist For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th May 2012, 05:24 AM |#903  
Senior Member
los angeles
Thanks Meter: 153
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarchist

This is what I'm showing so far =
DL was swift 4 both miui.gapps as well as miui; from total wipe, flashed both files:
Phone = chk (no rOd)
Sms = chk. (fine as is, have not DL'd gosms)
Camera = chk (settings, pic, social media icons are fine)
Video = chk (720 HDvideo, w/ 1 sec tearing fr playback)
Email = chk
4g = chk
3g = chk (has 1 w/ bars showing data)

Also, was able to DL xda app to post miui findings thus far.........fyi: was running a clean install of CM9beta3 + CWM5.5.0.4 before flashing.
***edit: monday nite > ODIN'd EL30/victory.tar, + FC09 ota quickly loaded/installed.......ODIN'd CWM5.0.2.7, flashed CM9beta3, Play Store installed my apps.........
***thnx to EpicMiuiTeam, this evening created nandroid, + here we are!.........added details, may be helpful to others

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Same here for me although im coming from the previous miui build after just wiping cache and dalvik. The only odd thing i noticed is that the default mms app was gone. I installed gosms and so far everything's fine.
24th May 2012, 05:31 AM |#904  
sonarchist's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Washington, DC
Thanks Meter: 227
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdee323

Same here for me although im coming from the previous miui build after just wiping cache and dalvik. The only odd thing i noticed is that the default mms app was gone. I installed gosms and so far everything's fine.

Correct, default mms app IS absent.........my bad, sent myself a bevy of emails + texts from a friends device, some of these relayed + showed differently...........good for you for staying w/ the last build...........am off to install gosms ha ha

*edit = guys, bbelos has released update 'shadowkernel 6.3.1', am posting early confirmation: OK on miui-2.5.18 from FC09, may NOT be ok on other firmwares.....also: you MUST have VoodooControl (aka Voodoo Sound from Play Store) installed to control green gamma (yuk! )
**yup, not withholding judgement either, but this 2.5.18build is running strong + steady.....no hiccups after 2 hrs, will see what tomorrow may bring

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
Last edited by sonarchist; 28th May 2012 at 05:19 AM.
24th May 2012, 07:40 AM |#905  
Senior Member
Flag Union City
Thanks Meter: 53
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarchist

Correct, default mms app IS absent.........my bad, sent myself a bevy of emails + texts from a friends device, some of these relayed + showed differently...........good for you for staying w/ the last build...........am off to install gosms ha ha

*edit = guys, bbelos has released update 'shadowkernel 6.3.1', am posting early confirmation: OK on miui-2.5.18 from FC09, may not be ok on other firmwares.....don't know.
**yup, not withholding judgement either, but this 2.5.18build is running strong + steady.....no hiccups after 2 hrs, will see what tomorrow may bring

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

I do have the SMS app...everything is working fine... will try some pictures messages later
Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA
24th May 2012, 08:12 AM |#906  
sonarchist's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Washington, DC
Thanks Meter: 227
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmsomb

I do have the SMS app...everything is working fine... will try some pictures messages later
Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

......hmmm, that's what I thought from testing earlier, must've been the reboot next it was gone..........well, am using GOsms now, all's well.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
24th May 2012, 10:44 AM |#907  
darklichny's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 1,561
 
Donate to Me
More
I will try to fix the messaging tonight, just wanted to get this fix up asap so we didn't leave anyone hanging on the borked rom

Dps, I recommend a complete wipe, cheap fix, install titanium backup and clear data on camera... I found the only issue with camera is the led does not work atm... will look into it

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
Last edited by darklichny; 24th May 2012 at 10:48 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to darklichny For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th May 2012, 02:23 PM |#908  
xboxfanj's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Saint Louis, Mizzou
Thanks Meter: 6,729
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by treyxazn

No no don't be sorry at all I'm looking forward to it, sorry I had not realized the error was in the texts being over 160 characters. I just didnt search the posts throughly so I apologize but looking forward to the update man.

No worries. I'll try to fix that and mms over wifi and mms in general today. Are there any other issues besides the camera one you guys are having?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
24th May 2012, 03:12 PM |#909  
Senior Member
Flag Saginaw
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklichny

I will try to fix the messaging tonight, just wanted to get this fix up asap so we didn't leave anyone hanging on the borked rom

Dps, I recommend a complete wipe, cheap fix, install titanium backup and clear data on camera... I found the only issue with camera is the led does not work atm... will look into it

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Thanks for response, I had a clean install after factory reset. Even after that I did go to app manager and clear data and force stop the Camera app. Still did not work. So I took you advise and already had Titanium backup. Used that to wipe Camera data and reboot fixed the Camera issue. Did not have to redo complete wipe. What is LED issue?
Others ahve SMS but I just do not even see the APP, is that comes from GAPPS?
Regarding Contacts, I may have bad export from CM9?? I will delete all those old vcf files and export from MIUI and rei-mport to see teh resutls. But MIUI Contacts app does not have common Groups? Is that the reason Import does not populate or create Groups from stored VCF file.Is dockbar on home screen supposed to ahve only 3 ICONS?
24th May 2012, 03:36 PM |#910  
Senior Member
Flag Union City
Thanks Meter: 53
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dps33

Thanks for response, I had a clean install after factory reset. Even after that I did go to app manager and clear data and force stop the Camera app. Still did not work. So I took you advise and already had Titanium backup. Used that to wipe Camera data and reboot fixed the Camera issue. Did not have to redo complete wipe. What is LED issue?
Others ahve SMS but I just do not even see the APP, is that comes from GAPPS?
Regarding Contacts, I may have bad export from CM9?? I will delete all those old vcf files and export from MIUI and rei-mport to see teh resutls. But MIUI Contacts app does not have common Groups? Is that the reason Import does not populate or create Groups from stored VCF file.Is dockbar on home screen supposed to ahve only 3 ICONS?

The led issue might be that the camera flash doesn't work. Switch between auto flash and off and back and that should fix it as mine is working.
The sms app probably does come from the gapps provided in the latest link. Why don't u use google to store your contacts? I'm not sure about groups may be is something you have to set up in your gmail with your pc. My dock bar has 4 icons. I guess the one you are missing is the sms app.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes