XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] MIUI.us v4 ICS 4G WiMax working

Tip us?

treyxazn
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxfanj View Post
Its only when its over 160 characters. We need to fix the mms apk. Sorry, we've got a lot to do. I think I may start this particular port over with the fascinate.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
No no don't be sorry at all I'm looking forward to it, sorry I had not realized the error was in the texts being over 160 characters. I just didnt search the posts throughly so I apologize but looking forward to the update man.

sonarchist
Old
(Last edited by sonarchist; 24th May 2012 at 07:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 225

DONATE TO ME
This is what I'm showing so far =
DL was swift 4 both miui.gapps as well as miui; from total wipe, flashed both files:
Phone = chk (no rOd)
Sms = *edit > default mms app missing (will DL gosms)
Camera = chk (settings, pic, social media icons are fine)
Video = chk (720 HDvideo, w/ 1 sec tearing fr playback)
Email = chk
4g = chk
3g = chk (has 1x w/ bars showing data)

Also, was able to DL xda app to post miui findings thus far.........fyi: was running a clean install of CM9beta3 + CWM5.5.0.4 before flashing.
***edit: monday nite > ODIN'd EL30/victory.tar, + FC09 ota quickly loaded/installed.......ODIN'd CWM5.0.2.7, flashed CM9beta3, Play Store installed my apps.........
***thnx to EpicMiuiTeam, this evening created nandroid, + here we are!.........added details, may be helpful to others

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
▓│INTERNET FOR HUMANS│▓│CULTURE│▓│TECHNOLOGY│▓│STOP SOPA│▓│POLITICS│▓▓│STOP PIPA│▓│TECHNOLOGY│▓│CULTURE│▓STOP ACTA▓│INTERNET FOR HUMANS│▓
The Following User Says Thank You to sonarchist For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jdee323
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarchist View Post
This is what I'm showing so far =
DL was swift 4 both miui.gapps as well as miui; from total wipe, flashed both files:
Phone = chk (no rOd)
Sms = chk. (fine as is, have not DL'd gosms)
Camera = chk (settings, pic, social media icons are fine)
Video = chk (720 HDvideo, w/ 1 sec tearing fr playback)
Email = chk
4g = chk
3g = chk (has 1 w/ bars showing data)

Also, was able to DL xda app to post miui findings thus far.........fyi: was running a clean install of CM9beta3 + CWM5.5.0.4 before flashing.
***edit: monday nite > ODIN'd EL30/victory.tar, + FC09 ota quickly loaded/installed.......ODIN'd CWM5.0.2.7, flashed CM9beta3, Play Store installed my apps.........
***thnx to EpicMiuiTeam, this evening created nandroid, + here we are!.........added details, may be helpful to others

Same here for me although im coming from the previous miui build after just wiping cache and dalvik. The only odd thing i noticed is that the default mms app was gone. I installed gosms and so far everything's fine.

sonarchist
Old
(Last edited by sonarchist; 28th May 2012 at 05:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 225

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdee323 View Post
Same here for me although im coming from the previous miui build after just wiping cache and dalvik. The only odd thing i noticed is that the default mms app was gone. I installed gosms and so far everything's fine.
Correct, default mms app IS absent.........my bad, sent myself a bevy of emails + texts from a friends device, some of these relayed + showed differently...........good for you for staying w/ the last build...........am off to install gosms ha ha

*edit = guys, bbelos has released update 'shadowkernel 6.3.1', am posting early confirmation: OK on miui-2.5.18 from FC09, may NOT be ok on other firmwares.....also: you MUST have VoodooControl (aka Voodoo Sound from Play Store) installed to control green gamma (yuk! )
**yup, not withholding judgement either, but this 2.5.18build is running strong + steady.....no hiccups after 2 hrs, will see what tomorrow may bring

▓│INTERNET FOR HUMANS│▓│CULTURE│▓│TECHNOLOGY│▓│STOP SOPA│▓│POLITICS│▓▓│STOP PIPA│▓│TECHNOLOGY│▓│CULTURE│▓STOP ACTA▓│INTERNET FOR HUMANS│▓

lmsomb
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarchist View Post
Correct, default mms app IS absent.........my bad, sent myself a bevy of emails + texts from a friends device, some of these relayed + showed differently...........good for you for staying w/ the last build...........am off to install gosms ha ha

*edit = guys, bbelos has released update 'shadowkernel 6.3.1', am posting early confirmation: OK on miui-2.5.18 from FC09, may not be ok on other firmwares.....don't know.
**yup, not withholding judgement either, but this 2.5.18build is running strong + steady.....no hiccups after 2 hrs, will see what tomorrow may bring

I do have the SMS app...everything is working fine... will try some pictures messages later
Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

sonarchist
Old
Thanks Meter 225

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmsomb View Post
I do have the SMS app...everything is working fine... will try some pictures messages later
......hmmm, that's what I thought from testing earlier, must've been the reboot next it was gone..........well, am using GOsms now, all's well.

darklichny
Old
(Last edited by darklichny; 24th May 2012 at 10:48 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1,561

DONATE TO ME
I will try to fix the messaging tonight, just wanted to get this fix up asap so we didn't leave anyone hanging on the borked rom

Dps, I recommend a complete wipe, cheap fix, install titanium backup and clear data on camera... I found the only issue with camera is the led does not work atm... will look into it

The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better'. So I installed LINUX...

Want some datafile storage and wanna help me in the process? https://copy.com?r=xh1Ot9
Need media file storage? http://mfi.re/?here1e6

PRISM will eat your kittens: About PRISM
TOR
is your friend: https://blog.torproject.org/
The Following User Says Thank You to darklichny For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xboxfanj
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6,480

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by treyxazn View Post
No no don't be sorry at all I'm looking forward to it, sorry I had not realized the error was in the texts being over 160 characters. I just didnt search the posts throughly so I apologize but looking forward to the update man.
No worries. I'll try to fix that and mms over wifi and mms in general today. Are there any other issues besides the camera one you guys are having?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

If you need help with anything or just wanna chat, feel free to GTalk me at xboxlover360@gmail.com or PM me

dps33
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklichny View Post
I will try to fix the messaging tonight, just wanted to get this fix up asap so we didn't leave anyone hanging on the borked rom

Dps, I recommend a complete wipe, cheap fix, install titanium backup and clear data on camera... I found the only issue with camera is the led does not work atm... will look into it

Thanks for response, I had a clean install after factory reset. Even after that I did go to app manager and clear data and force stop the Camera app. Still did not work. So I took you advise and already had Titanium backup. Used that to wipe Camera data and reboot fixed the Camera issue. Did not have to redo complete wipe. What is LED issue?
Others ahve SMS but I just do not even see the APP, is that comes from GAPPS?
Regarding Contacts, I may have bad export from CM9?? I will delete all those old vcf files and export from MIUI and rei-mport to see teh resutls. But MIUI Contacts app does not have common Groups? Is that the reason Import does not populate or create Groups from stored VCF file.Is dockbar on home screen supposed to ahve only 3 ICONS?

lmsomb
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by dps33 View Post
Thanks for response, I had a clean install after factory reset. Even after that I did go to app manager and clear data and force stop the Camera app. Still did not work. So I took you advise and already had Titanium backup. Used that to wipe Camera data and reboot fixed the Camera issue. Did not have to redo complete wipe. What is LED issue?
Others ahve SMS but I just do not even see the APP, is that comes from GAPPS?
Regarding Contacts, I may have bad export from CM9?? I will delete all those old vcf files and export from MIUI and rei-mport to see teh resutls. But MIUI Contacts app does not have common Groups? Is that the reason Import does not populate or create Groups from stored VCF file.Is dockbar on home screen supposed to ahve only 3 ICONS?
The led issue might be that the camera flash doesn't work. Switch between auto flash and off and back and that should fix it as mine is working.
The sms app probably does come from the gapps provided in the latest link. Why don't u use google to store your contacts? I'm not sure about groups may be is something you have to set up in your gmail with your pc. My dock bar has 4 icons. I guess the one you are missing is the sms app.