OP Sandvold

24th May 2012, 01:36 PM   |  #13031  
OP Senior Member
Flag Arendal
Thanks Meter: 3,165

1,610 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapone

Imaginary... If you check logcat you can see all kinds of errors with shaky's kernel but not with original 13042012 tiamat kernel and new adreno libs is causing some kind of out of memory error also. I didn't have any bsods with that tiamat kernel but I want newer hwa. Shaky's kernel with smartassv2 is quite ok (no bsods). I always do 3xtimes full wipe when I install a new ROM.

Are you using ondemand and what are your memory settings and what kernel. If ondemand, maybe keeping wifi on all the time (or some other prog / sync) prevents the kernel to go to lower clocks and you don't have bsods because of that?
Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

This is correct. But at the moment no one is working on tiamat as a base, if any kernel guys out there could try that (all of nikez,drewis and shaky have their gits up) so changes for full hwa shouldn't be impossible at all. I think this would be the best approach so we can 100% confirm that it's something wrong in the evervolv base
24th May 2012, 02:02 PM   |  #13032  
Flag Greifswald
Thanks Meter: 212

484 posts
More
After changing my hboot to stock, i also encountered the internal space to fill up. I'm using amarullz instead of stock, and now (did a full wipe) have about 70 MB free in internal. I tried to restore all my apps to default location or to previous location (was using amarullz since 0.4), and after about 90 apps internal is full and Titanium keeps showing "restoring", but no progress. SD-ext also fills up (was about 400 MB used). Is this just the big dalvik cache, or are there some hidden problems? I never encountered any issues while using CM7r2, but had decided to switch because of the various reported problems (as stock should be more stable).
24th May 2012, 02:06 PM   |  #13033  
Flag Kraków
Thanks Meter: 630

1,987 posts
More
Use cm7r2, default a2sd (the one with terminal activation) and move apps + dalvik to sdext, tbh. it gives you most space for apps without big performance hit.
From my experience amarullz is worst in terms of performance, and it fills up pretty fast on stock hboot because it has only 147Mb space for /data/ partition.
24th May 2012, 02:20 PM   |  #13034  
Flag Greifswald
Thanks Meter: 212

484 posts
More
Well, i guess i'll have to. Thought that stock hboot + amarullz would work best, as Sandvold is using it himself.
24th May 2012, 02:21 PM   |  #13035  
Flag Kraków
Thanks Meter: 630

1,987 posts
More
Most likely he doesn't have many apps / games.
24th May 2012, 02:35 PM   |  #13036  
Thanks Meter: 39

33 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandvold

This is correct. But at the moment no one is working on tiamat as a base, if any kernel guys out there could try that (all of nikez,drewis and shaky have their gits up) so changes for full hwa shouldn't be impossible at all. I think this would be the best approach so we can 100% confirm that it's something wrong in the evervolv base

@Sandvold
Isn't drewis kernel, which is included in 0.9 and linked at your website, based on tiamat? (test-kernel-drewis-desire-tiamat-kgsl38-signed)
24th May 2012, 02:35 PM   |  #13037  
Flag Nederlander in Engeland
Thanks Meter: 118

166 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k3lcior

Most likely he doesn't have many apps / games.

I am sorry that is misinformation, I have heard people complain before about Amarullz as it made more sluggish and slower, especially if you got sd card class below 4. I don't see why you would run into space problems with Amarullz.. Just to confirm I have got 112 apps installed atm. Ironically, anything other than Amarullz in my experience would lead to space issues. In the past, stock a2sd did not suffice as time when on, you were basically forced to opt for xdata, which is inconsistent as hell. So, speak only in terms of your own experience and don't assume things.
24th May 2012, 02:38 PM   |  #13038  
Thanks Meter: 5

146 posts
More
Hi everyone.

Just wanted to confirm something.

Will Regular as2d and Dalvik2sd in the installer mods use my internal memory AND ext4 partition for apps, without me having having to choose?

Thanks
24th May 2012, 02:38 PM   |  #13039  
Flag Bavaria
Thanks Meter: 8

279 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scutworker

Morning,

Is anybody else having problems with the latest version of Apex Launcher?

There was an upgrade today and after installing it my screen doesn't appear to be sized correctly; there is less space for widgets and shortcuts on it!

Normally, I would only post this on the Apex Launcher thread, but I wonder if there is some kind of screen size/resolution problem with this ROM as the Natwest Banking App doesn't display the correct sized text (the balances are invisible as the text is huge, but everything else is OK as it is small), other people have reported this too.

The message on the Apex Thread (with screenshots) is here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=3410

Cheers.

Had the same problem yesterday.
You just need to edit the grid size in apex (not sure how it is named correctly) it changed from 5x4 to 4x4 and it still says its 5x4. So just edit it again to 5x4 and voila
24th May 2012, 02:43 PM   |  #13040  
Thanks Meter: 5

146 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k3lcior

Use cm7r2, default a2sd (the one with terminal activation) and move apps + dalvik to sdext, tbh. it gives you most space for apps without big performance hit.
From my experience amarullz is worst in terms of performance, and it fills up pretty fast on stock hboot because it has only 147Mb space for /data/ partition.

Hi k3lcior.

Will the default a2sd (Do you mean stock a2sd?) use the internal memory as well as my EXT4 partition for apps?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
desire, ics
Previous Thread Next Thread