[Q]Do I have to Re-unlock phone when putting Cyanogenmod on it?

Search This thread

chao3.zero

Mar 4, 2011
I have a question that i just can't find an answer to. I have a Rogers Captivate SGH i896 that is unlocked currently for use of my bell sim card, its got Froyo 2.2, BaseBand UXJL1 (which in my opinion blows for service) , and kernel version 2.6.32.9 . My question is that if I put Cyanogenmod 7.1 or 9 onto my phone with a custom kernel does it mean I have to unlock my phone again to use with my bell sim card??

Also what's the best kernel and Cyanogenmod version to use on this phone along with a modem that works with my unlock for use of my bell sim card?

I have already put Cyanogenmod 7.1 on my Galaxy S i9000m and Cyanogenmod 9 onto my Galaxy S2 (i9100 i believe) Both Phones are through Bell, so i'm familiar with doing this stuff already. I've just recently broke the screens on both of them and this is why I am using this older phone, I want to put Cyanogenmod onto it because right now its running like ****. Im just scared that once i do my sim card wont work and I dont want to pay for an unlock kit again.

So please help with this question I've been dying for an answer to. THANKS GUYS n' GALS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Once unlocked-always unlocked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium