Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: What Cookie version do you prefer ?
Cookie 1.8.5 988 7.78%
Cookie 2.0 4,047 31.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12706. You may not vote on this poll

L [WWE|GER|FRA|ITA|NLD] |July 4| Energy™-.¸¸.·´¯ 6.5|21916 / 6.5.X|29022 * Sense 2021

OP NRGZ28

17th April 2012, 03:37 PM   |  #36221  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 0

35 posts
More
Thanks, Now that Easter has gone, I have managed a complete rebuild, and am now extremely happy with the performance. Thanks to all who provided advice.

I have also taken three SPB backups - one full one (taken daily as a scheduled task), one of just the system files, and one of just the data! It is good to be prepared!!

Thanks again

Graham ST
13th May 2012, 10:24 PM   |  #36222  

25 posts
**sorry doesn't seem to work on this rom:S**

it seems to change the time zone but remains the wrong time on this rom:S

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...12&postcount=3 <<< I've modded the t.mscr and uploaded it in the linked thread, figured it was worth mentioning since it maybe handy for other people who end up with time syncing throwing off their time zone.....
Last edited by plasmar; 13th May 2012 at 11:28 PM.
14th May 2012, 10:23 AM   |  #36223  
Flag Land of the Z1/EVO3D/GTAB10.1(2)
Thanks Meter: 944

3,656 posts
Donate to Me
More
SPB Backup is only half the backup story

suggest using PIM backup, and it still works after 2 years I left Windows Mobile 6.5 (IM on Wp7.5 now)

but PIM never fails to restore everything, from thousands of contacts & calendar

anyone need me 2 share the file ?
14th May 2012, 12:22 PM   |  #36224  
Flag Ratchada (Bangkok)
Thanks Meter: 341

1,894 posts
More
PIM backup is useful but does not like my asian font contacts, does not save MMS & does not save all sms folders so I find it not that useful & use spb, TBexport & iMobileTools to handle backup & export of all PIM/Mail data & allows it to be used on PC & Android in most cases ...
24th May 2012, 04:43 PM   |  #36225  

8 posts
Access to or Make visible or Process name for tray icon ?
Hi,
I bought a HD2 (rom 1.43 geee) a few months ago second hand and fell in love !

I upgraded to Radio 2.15.50.14 and fell on this Energy ROM which i find wonderful. I'm currently using Sense2.5-Sencity-cookie2.0-buil23022

Now, i installed MyMobiler which works just great...except that the device app keeps putting itself in the good old WM tray icons bar. Of course that bar is not visible in Sense Today screen and it's a real fight to put hands on the app once it has minimized

I've read threads and threads (mostly old) about taskmamagers that could activate windows from their processes (no luck here because the mymobiler process "has a hidden window" - dixit WM).

I'm wondering: is there any way i could either :
- make that bloody tray icons bar appear temporarily using some tweak (it DOES show up briefly, along with WM "normal" today screen, after a few launches of the app)
- or activate the window of the wanted app from the process (remote.exe)
- or activate the tray from its process (but i don't know the name of the process for the tray icons bar)
- or get some tweak that would move my tray icons to the taskbar/title bar

?
Of course, i don't want to switch back from the Sense/Sencity today screen to the default WM today screen, no way !

Thanks in advance

PS: i'm using a european HD2...
24th May 2012, 08:07 PM   |  #36226  
Flag Ratchada (Bangkok)

1,894 posts
More
Why do you need access to that icon ?
Did not think it had much use or link to important setting.
24th May 2012, 10:30 PM   |  #36227  
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 181

810 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanmichel183

Hi,
I bought a HD2 (rom 1.43 geee) a few months ago second hand and fell in love !
[snip]
Now, i installed MyMobiler which works just great...except that the device app keeps putting itself in the good old WM tray icons bar. Of course that bar is not visible in Sense Today screen and it's a real fight to put hands on the app once it has minimized
[snip]

Just ignore it, you don't see it with Sense on top do you? I think you need it for MyMobiler to work. You can probably go into the registry and delete from startup, the program so it doesn't start, but then mymobiler wont work.

I had the same issue when on WinMo 6.5.x and I just ignored it. It doesn't cause a problem, and with sense you never see it, so what does it matter
24th May 2012, 10:35 PM   |  #36228  
Flag Ratchada (Bangkok)

1,894 posts
More
you don't need it, had a look on mine & by closing sense I saw it & chose the option to hide it from tray & carry on as normal & MyMobiler will work as it should.
3rd June 2012, 02:31 AM   |  #36229  
Thanks Meter: 5

141 posts
More
Guys quick question:
I just installed "Gen.Y DualBOOT WVGA v1.0.6.0 - Storage Card"
and now I want to ask does anyone use it and which would be best stable android version for phone gaming.
Thanks in advance for tips and help
4th June 2012, 11:00 AM   |  #36230  

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nygmam

Just ignore it, you don't see it with Sense on top do you? I think you need it for MyMobiler to work. You can probably go into the registry and delete from startup, the program so it doesn't start, but then mymobiler wont work.

I had the same issue when on WinMo 6.5.x and I just ignored it. It doesn't cause a problem, and with sense you never see it, so what does it matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister B

you don't need it, had a look on mine & by closing sense I saw it & chose the option to hide it from tray & carry on as normal & MyMobiler will work as it should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister B

Why do you need access to that icon ?
Did not think it had much use or link to important setting.

Thanks guys for the answers, sorry i was away.

Thing is: you need it to access the configuration of the program. I don't need that access only for MyMobiler, but i have a string of other programs that do the same. And sometimes, when you have to initiate sessions from the device, you have to change the configuration.
For example, for 3G access to my phone i use MobileController. In that case i have to initiate the session from the device and click on a "connect" button on the program interface, which you can only access via the tray icon.... here we go again...
I created a shortcut on the home screen for mymobiler to have access to the tray icon. It opens the mymobiler menu, then you close that menu and magically that tray appears... But it's cumbersome...
Last edited by jeanmichel183; 4th June 2012 at 11:06 AM. Reason: post not finished

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
addictive, best looking hd2 rom, elegance, energy rom, fastest rom, gtx, hd2 leo, powerful, sexy, smooth, stability!, the best hd2 rom, the rom, tmobile hd2 rom
Previous Thread Next Thread