Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ODIN][TAR] SPH-D710.FE22_CL612283 (FE22 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Full Restore - Rooted)

OP sfhub

24th May 2012, 09:05 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 4

50 posts
I had this last night with FE21. It would go through installing applications and then stop. I had to wipe the phone and go back to FE16.
24th May 2012, 09:07 PM   |  #22  
Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 10

83 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by probowler2009

I had this last night with FE21. It would go through installing applications and then stop. I had to wipe the phone and go back to FE16.

I never got the "installing applications" or the "Android is updating..." message but the phone seems to have flashed fine.
24th May 2012, 09:09 PM   |  #23  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 1

23 posts
More
Thanks for providing FE21 & FE22, read in other posts that there were issues with FE21, was holding off, I suppose i'll might try this FE22, your the man SFHUB
24th May 2012, 09:10 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 312

731 posts
I'm getting the roaming data notification (in notification bar) still when I dip out of Sprint's service area. Again, I have this setting to not stop me from roaming or to warn me. I've tried the turn off roaming, reboot, enable roaming, and that doesn't work either.

Tested it a couple times by going into and out of the elevator, which always triggers it.

Are others seeing this?

Edit: I still get roaming data, it just reminds me that I've lost data connection because I've started roaming -> the annoying part.
24th May 2012, 09:21 PM   |  #25  
Flag Hershey PA
Thanks Meter: 852

2,539 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmark27

I'm getting the roaming data notification (in notification bar) still when I dip out of Sprint's service area. Again, I have this setting to not stop me from roaming or to warn me. I've tried the turn off roaming, reboot, enable roaming, and that doesn't work either.

Tested it a couple times by going into and out of the elevator, which always triggers it.

Are others seeing this?

Edit: I still get roaming data, it just reminds me that I've lost data connection because I've started roaming -> the annoying part.

ever try roam control pro app?
24th May 2012, 09:25 PM   |  #26  
Flag So. Cal.
Thanks Meter: 72

273 posts
More
Talking
I have images of sfhub in his workshop, while we all hover just outside wondering "is it soup yet?".
Newegg is putting HDDs on sale in honor of the man.
Thanks again, lets see if we can pick this one apart for the good of mankind.
24th May 2012, 09:28 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 312

731 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1

ever try roam control pro app?

The problem isn't that it roams, the problem is that it tells me that its going to roam. This shouldn't warn you every time you need to roam if you don't have a roam guard on. I don't think an app is needed to fix a bug. This has appeared and disappeared in several versions of the ICS builds along the way. They clearly do something to fix it, then something to unfix it and around and around it goes.

All-in-all, not a huge deal, but for completeness of reporting, I thought it should be reported.
The Following User Says Thank You to mmark27 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th May 2012, 09:29 PM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 2

37 posts
does this fix the audio mic button bug? i currently use my mic button so i can skip tracks on my music. i am currently using a .zip fix. is there a cwm for this? if not, how else can i use that zip file to install the fix? thanks
24th May 2012, 09:29 PM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 325

1,682 posts
Sfhub, what is it you do differently with your cwm modem zips vs calkulin? What I mean is, your release, the progress meter on the flashing screen moves as it should. I've seen a few of calkulin's flashes where there isn't any progress meter action. I don't know what goes on underneath the hood during this time, but I'm still curious. I'm guessing its a switch in the flash script to enable percentage complete displayed.
24th May 2012, 09:33 PM   |  #30  
Flag Hershey PA
Thanks Meter: 852

2,539 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmark27

The problem isn't that it roams, the problem is that it tells me that its going to roam. This shouldn't warn you every time you need to roam if you don't have a roam guard on. I don't think an app is needed to fix a bug. This has appeared and disappeared in several versions of the ICS builds along the way. They clearly do something to fix it, then something to unfix it and around and around it goes.

All-in-all, not a huge deal, but for completeness of reporting, I thought it should be reported.

gotcha, very nice explanation.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread