I see a lot of battery threads but can't make up my mind, what's the best battery?

Search This thread

aranurea

Dec 18, 2011
once u go seido u dont wanna go back. 3800mah lol i dont use crap like juice defender or llamas or any other stupid crap to give my battery more juice.

+1000000

I easily get 2 days of usage with my heavy use. I maxed out the battery life as per the instructions and my phone is the envy of my friends. I actually used an XDA joke on my friend. He asked me whether I had an iPhone charger. I said "Sorry, I don't have that problem."
He always bragged about his iPhone 4S because we got our phones on the same day and I destroyed him with that line and battery. Don't bother buying any other batteries that aren't from Seidio. They aren't authentic Japanese cells! lol.

Akim1220

Oct 25, 2011
For those of you saying that the nexus extended is better, anker is better, seidio better etc. actually compare it with another aftermarket battery or is it compared to stock? I think this will be useful information.

Looking to get a new battery so I can use gps apps for golf. can't last more than 9 holes right now right now.

southusc

Jul 3, 2011
So the Nexus extended needs to be trimmed? Anyone have opinions on best battery to get that you don't make any mods to at all?

Bobrt

Jul 14, 2009
Page
So the Nexus extended needs to be trimmed? Anyone have opinions on best battery to get that you don't make any mods to at all?

It fits, but bulges the back cover if it's not taken appart. It's still a great extended battery.
It takes 15 minutes if you want to remove the bulge-
Peel off label. Trim plastic end caps - Cut off NFC antenna - No bulge now - Only tool needed is sharp knife or razor

jordanishere

Sep 13, 2011
It fits, but bulges the back cover if it's not taken appart. It's still a great extended battery.
Peel off label. Trim plastic end caps - Cut off NFC antenna - No bulge now - Only tool needed is sharp knife or razor

See cutting off the antenna defeats the purpose of buying the battery. Yes its 2100mah, but the Anker 2050 fits with no mods, doesnt have nfc, and is only 9 bucks.

Reactions: Kapcap99

southusc

Jul 3, 2011

So how much of a bulge. Would the battery fit with no modification / back cover off / but in say an Aegis case?

Reactions: Kapcap99

xcrazydx

Feb 3, 2012
See cutting off the antenna defeats the purpose of buying the battery. Yes its 2100mah, but the Anker 2050 fits with no mods, doesnt have nfc, and is only 9 bucks.

I didn't modify the one for my t989 at all, it fits fine,no problems. You don't have to take out the antenna or any of that. It's a better battery, bottom line

jordanishere

Sep 13, 2011
I didn't modify the one for my t989 at all, it fits fine,no problems. You don't have to take out the antenna or any of that. It's a better battery, bottom line

Nexus battery is def better, slightly higher capacity and nfc.

Glad yours fits well. I heard that there were fit problems with the t989 and didnt want to spend the $30ish to find out or have to mod the battery - plus theres really no use for nfc on our phone anyways.

xcrazydx

Feb 3, 2012
Nexus battery is def better, slightly higher capacity and nfc.

Glad yours fits well. I heard that there were fit problems with the t989 and didnt want to spend the $30ish to find out or have to mod the battery - plus theres really no use for nfc on our phone anyways.

There's use for nfc, just not google wallet. You can set it up so when you set it on your night stand, the volume goes down, wifi on, alarm clock, etc. Or in your car bluetooth comes on, volume goes up, pandora launches, etc.

Teo032

Apr 6, 2011
California
There's use for nfc, just not google wallet. You can set it up so when you set it on your night stand, the volume goes down, wifi on, alarm clock, etc. Or in your car bluetooth comes on, volume goes up, pandora launches, etc.

I really need to invest in those tags lol

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

ctowne

Feb 1, 2012
Hampton, NH

gatekpr

Jan 8, 2007
Houston
Anker 2* 2200mAh

I didn't go the eBay route and instead went for this link:

http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Batteries-Skyrocket-Multi-purpose-Compatible/dp/B0078WR4KW

I am a Prime member, so 2-day free shipping and no taxes was better than eBay.

They had 16 reviews and most of which said what I was thinking--for $20, you can't really go wrong with 15-20% more battery life. I used to think it was a chore to pop a different battery in around 4pm on random days, but with the HTC Sensation, it became common place for me :-D

I like having the two batteries charged and ready to go and if I'm not happy, Amazon will take them back within 30 days, woo hoo!

Reactions: SiNJiN76
Galaxy Nexus exteded battery

I bought the galaxy nexus 2100 mAh battery from the verizon store $24.99 and free shipping. Its a little bit bigger, but I saw some posts about cutting them up to make the fit a little bit better, I wasn't to hip on taking a razor blade to the battery I bought one anyways.

When I got the battery Verizon actually sent me two batteries and I thought score, but 2 days later they chaged my card for a second one. I put the battery in the phone and it was a snug fit and the cover does bulge a little but when I put the phone into the case you can't even tell its there.

I'm going to upload Some pic's that I took with my cRappad 2 I hope you can see the differences.

The first is the black stock batter next to the blue extended battery.
The second and 3rd are the batteries both in the phone to show how size compares.
The next are different angles with the stock battery door on with no cutting of the battery. It was a little harder to get the cover one but it stays on.
The last is the phone back in the case with no sign of the extended battery.

After I got the battery I charged it to 100% and then wiped my battery stats. Let the phone go all the way to 0% and then charged it to 100%. This is day one and it has been off the chager for 7 hours now and it still at 68%. I'm not a supper heavy user, today before this post I have listened to Pandora 45-60 minutes, taken 5-6 calls, surfed the web, plaid some games, sent a bunch of text and gtalk, took 4 pictures and some other screen use time. I was going to screen capture the battery stats but forgot to before I took out the battery. I'm also running the Infamous ICS ROM, that I have debloated.

Last edited:
Reactions: jordanishere

Akim1220

Oct 25, 2011
Anyone using the body glove case with the nexus extended battery without having to do any mods? How does the case fit?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    anker are known to be good batteries, but you should get the galaxy nexus battery that you can pick up from the verizon store. The OEM batteries have NFC capabilities the others do not. OEM should last longer too even though the mah are different.
    The better the system the more battery it Burns, I app pose that if the processors and memory were less consumptuous then maybe we would be better off. Honestly even if you are turning off certain process patterns or psych out the brain it won't help, the won't be such a thing as a perfect phone unless you built it yourself, but unless the boards and parts are sold to secure in sockets your out of luck.

The better the system the more battery it Burns, I app pose that if the processors and memory were less consumptuous then maybe we would be better off. Honestly even if you are turning off certain process patterns or psych out the brain it won't help, the won't be such a thing as a perfect phone unless you built it yourself, but unless the boards and parts are sold to secure in sockets your out of luck.

What?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    What?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

X2

He's on a good one