5,598,542 Members 44,164 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV][ROM] CyanogenMod 7.2.0 (Android 2.3.7)

Tip us?

maniac103
Old
Thanks Meter 793

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by [] AL [] View Post
Did you have a fc of DSP?; that just means that the tombstones include no mediaserver related entries...

- - -

Two questions:

1- I thought there was a new commit regarding the phone numbers formatting.. Where is that and how does it works? And would it be a unique and general setting?; what if I have 3 different phone formats: xxxx-xxxx, xxx-xxxx-xxxx or +86-xxx-xxxx-xxxx?

Also on this: currently if you want to re-format a number like 123-456-789 and place you cursor before the 4 and hit backspace, it will delete the first dash AND the 3 at once; not very convenient...
What are you talking about here? I can't follow you at the moment.

Quote:
2- The recent haptic feedback for power widgets: is there a way to decrease it? I've tried to edit the 3 or 4 settings in "Haptic feedback tweaks" section, but felt no difference for those. I also though there was a recent commit that reduced that vibration; for me it's still too strong and I'drather have the same response as hitting one of the 4 hard buttons instead...
Currently the strength is hardcoded. Where can I find those tweak settings? Maybe there's a setting I can use.

Quote:
No DSP FC over the last few days; good! ...but that ain't helping Maniac in debugging...
Please still check the tombstones from time of time. Mediaserver still can (and probably will) crash, I just avoided the FC that appeared as a consequence.

Gesendet von meinem MB525 mit Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to maniac103 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

[] AL []
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac103 View Post
What are you talking about here? I can't follow you at the moment.
I've probably mis-interpreted this commit for something else...
Here, residential phone numbers have 8-digits ##-###-###; mobile phone numbers have 11-digits: ###-####-####; and sometimes, I have to add +86 in front of those to be able to call those contacts --> so 3 ("+86") [or 4 if "+86-" is added] additional digits...

That makes for looooong phone numbers and hence the need of a certain "number formatting" with the "-".

I thought there was a new dialer settings option somewhere to do this.... me bad!

..But, there is a currently a slight issue while doing such number formatting manually: see pic 1... (back key deleles the "-" and the "3" at once.
Quote:
Currently the strength is hardcoded.
OK, that's what I suspected..thanks. Still think they're set too high; but I do want to be b_.g for nothing...
Quote:
Please still check the tombstones from time of time. Mediaserver still can (and probably will) crash, I just avoided the FC that appeared as a consequence.
OK good to know, I'lll sure do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dialernumberformatting.JPG
Views:	346
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	1083023  

maniac103
Old
Thanks Meter 793

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by [] AL [] View Post
I've probably mis-interpreted this commit for something else...
Here, residential phone numbers have 8-digits ##-###-###; mobile phone numbers have 11-digits: ###-####-####; and sometimes, I have to add +86 in front of those to be able to call those contacts --> so 3 ("+86") [or 4 if "+86-" is added] additional digits...

That makes for looooong phone numbers and hence the need of a certain "number formatting" with the "-".

I thought there was a new dialer settings option somewhere to do this.... me bad!
Thatcher commit is for disabling the automatic phone number formatting in the dialer that previously was done unconditionally. It can be found in the dialer/contacts app options.

Quote:
OK, that's what I suspected..thanks. Still think they're set too high; but I do want to be b_.g for nothing...
Yeah, I'll change it to respect the haptic feedback tweaks settings. That's a much better idea than hardcoding anyway.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maniac103 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

arjcba
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Something good (for me at least) in this last maniac's build. The video recording glitch has gone away. Since 2 or 3 builds ago i was suffering from this 1 sec freeze every ~5 seconds while recording videos, now it's smooth again Thanks!

Oh, the camera freezes has gone too, bye bye Green Screen of Death

And about the DPS fc's, i don't have it for a while now... since 2 builds ago.. that i remember

ofmb
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjcba View Post
Something good (for me at least) in this last maniac's build. The video recording glitch has gone away. Since 2 or 3 builds ago i was suffering from this 1 sec freeze every ~5 seconds while recording videos, now it's smooth again Thanks!

Oh, the camera freezes has gone too, bye bye Green Screen of Death

And about the DPS fc's, i don't have it for a while now... since 2 builds ago.. that i remember
do u use SIO scheduler? it might have fixed that too!

arjcba
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofmb View Post
Nop, I use noop as my i/o scheduler and ondemand as governor.

A few minutes ago I got a interesting Status bar FC...

maniac103
Old
Thanks Meter 793

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Nop, I use noop as my i/o scheduler and ondemand as governor.

A few minutes ago I got a interesting Status bar FC...
Logcat?

arjcba
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Logcat?

It happend around 09:30
Attached Files
File Type: rar 2012-05-25_11-39-13.rar - [Click for QR Code] (21.9 KB, 4 views)

[] AL []
Old
(Last edited by [] AL []; 25th May 2012 at 06:40 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofmb View Post
Funny you mention this: I was just trying this out and I must admit that so far, I'm impressed..

I'm using SIO sched + BoostedA..v2 gov -> first time that a different governor wows me. Responsive all around, free ram seems to stay up after using (and closing) many apps -heck, even the camera seems to start faster. So far, no videocam freezes, but that will need more investigation...

Only slight drawback I've noticed: my clock widget and my weather widget were all scretched out when I returned to a home screen from the camera. For sure, a restart of ADW launcher solves that, but what is better is to lock the launcher in memory [cm7 settings/Performance/Lock home in memory]: no more problems with widgets.

Exciting stuff; I can't wait to see [in a few days] how's the battery doing with this and most importantly, if this will be the cure for the videocam.

Fingers crossed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to [] AL [] For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

maniac103
Old
Thanks Meter 793

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
It happend around 09:30
Interesting, this should never crash there. Can you reproduce that?

Tags
100% no motoblur crap!, 2.3.4, beta, cm7, defy cm7, defy cyanogenmod, defy this !, epsilon3, epsylon3 also did this, knightlys, knightlys?nightlys knubs!, mb525, motorola defy, motorola should pay quarx, quarx, quarx > chuck norris, quarx for president, quarx for world emperor, quarx is our hero, quarx pown motorola, quarx rocks, quarx rules, quarx the awesome, quarx the defied messiah!, quarx the sole deity