Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,721 Members 50,775 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to enable Internet sharing on AT&T HTC Titan

Tip us?

pistol44
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Lol no it doesnt work on the Titan original either. I've had to do over half a dozen hard resets and I assure you it doesn't enable unlocked tethering. I've unlocked mine for use on Telus.

The only cure is to force a major update to the phone. I did this on my old HD7 and it unlocked tethering while making the phone go from being T-Mobile branded to entirely unbranded, hence unlocking tethering.

Possibly once Tango hits Zune we'll have some luck.

alyn99
Old
(Last edited by alyn99; 28th May 2012 at 07:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Default It absolutely works

If you use the steps listed previously and DO NOT install HTC Connection Setup this will absolutely enable Internet Sharing on an ATT Titan that is NOT using ATT wireless as the carrier. I use Internet Sharing on my ATT Titan with a Tmobile Sim (edge only :() everyday. I assume it will also let me use a sim in Europe the same way. This will NOT let you use Internet sharing on ATT's service however as they block it themselves not from the phone. You have to have a "tethering" plan from ATT to use it. Hence my total boycott of these ass****s as a carrier. I'd rather be stuck with Edge and Wifi than pay them for "x" amount of 4G megabytes that THEY tell me how I can use. I have a PAYGO plan with TMOBILE that at least let's me get and make calls when in Europe (fees apply of course). With ATT Paygo the plan it is so f***** up that your phone will not even ring abroad whether you want to pay for that convenience or not.

hebinho
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Default It works!!!

Followed the steps described before and it only took me one hard reset and it works. Of course, My Titan had the forced updated on it. All i had to do was reset and not install connection setup. Voilá!!!
Windows Phone 8X by HTC - (In Love)

pistol44
Old
(Last edited by pistol44; 31st May 2012 at 04:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 11
I also stumbled upon something interesting.. I popped in a friends sim card from another carrier (Fido) last night other than my own (Telus) and magically it unlocked internet sharing!? I was selling it so we wanted to make sure the phone worked ok with Fido and I was just discussing the internet sharing feature while not expecting it to actually work.

I have the Titan 2, internet sharing is locked on my phone but I may try another sim for fun and see what happens.

EDIT: Tried a Rogers sim and no dice.. Wondering if this glitch to enable it is exclusive to the Titan 1 only??

chanakya.wp7
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Even i think its works on only titan 1. i tried on titan 2 without any luck :(

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

bananapeal
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Getting rid of the att no internet share message is easy if you have interop unlock. You will need to send root tools to the phone with a xap deployment tool (like from the windows phone sdk) then use the registry editor to add this value

[HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing\Settings] OpenMarketEnabled=dword:1

Then edit this value so it reads:

[HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing\Settings] EntitlementURI=./Vendor/MSFT/Registry/HKLM/Comm/InternetSharing/Settings/OpenMarketEnabled

Here's a link to a thread that explains the process poorly. The key is to have the two lines above in your registry. No matter how you get to the regediting step. Worked for my focus flash.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1776363

Jsoca
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hebinho View Post
Followed the steps described before and it only took me one hard reset and it works. Of course, My Titan had the forced updated on it. All i had to do was reset and not install connection setup. Voilá!!!
How do you do to avoid the application to install automaticaly i can´t stop it from happenning

Thanks

zoum79
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyn99 View Post
If you use the steps listed previously and DO NOT install HTC Connection Setup this will absolutely enable Internet Sharing on an ATT Titan that is NOT using ATT wireless as the carrier. I use Internet Sharing on my ATT Titan with a Tmobile Sim (edge only ) everyday. I assume it will also let me use a sim in Europe the same way. This will NOT let you use Internet sharing on ATT's service however as they block it themselves not from the phone. You have to have a "tethering" plan from ATT to use it. Hence my total boycott of these ass****s as a carrier. I'd rather be stuck with Edge and Wifi than pay them for "x" amount of 4G megabytes that THEY tell me how I can use. I have a PAYGO plan with TMOBILE that at least let's me get and make calls when in Europe (fees apply of course). With ATT Paygo the plan it is so f***** up that your phone will not even ring abroad whether you want to pay for that convenience or not.
I have noticed that this function worked when I was in the US even when using T-mobile sim in my sim unlocked ATT Titan2 but it doesn't work outside the US. Any suggestions please?

SuecoLibre
Old
(Last edited by SuecoLibre; 26th May 2013 at 06:51 PM.) Reason: lost info
Thanks Meter 0
Any more info on this. I have a HTC TItan AT&T and Internet Sharing does not work for me here in Dominican Repucblic. It is an unlocked phone but AT&T:s feature blocks the access to tethering.

And when you say forced update etc., I don't really follow you. Is it easy to do even if I am not that tech savy.

A million thanks in advance if you have any info how to make Internet sharing work.

zoum79
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoum79 View Post
I have noticed that this function worked when I was in the US even when using T-mobile sim in my sim unlocked ATT Titan2 but it doesn't work outside the US. Any suggestions please?
I can confirm internet sharing only works when using some US sim cards like Tmob but it diesn't work on non-US sims