[GB/JB] ***Feralab*** Discussion Thread - Break The Limits...

OP JeffreyPiket

25th May 2012, 03:29 PM   |  #5831  
Flag Dortmund
Thanks Meter: 18

98 posts
More
i install ver 20 with doomkernel.
where can I find a link for FeraKernel?

thanks
25th May 2012, 03:55 PM   |  #5832  
Flag Hoorn
Thanks Meter: 324

920 posts
More
Is there an explanation that v20 runs better on my phone with thkernel instead of fera or doom?

Sent from my Xperia X10 using XDA
25th May 2012, 04:20 PM   |  #5833  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 55

307 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by veryjo

i install ver 20 with doomkernel.
where can I find a link for FeraKernel?

thanks

check same post as the rom download.

if you cant reed go here

http://www.mediafire.com/?zxx8xj4hvxwejae
Last edited by ensmed; 25th May 2012 at 04:23 PM. Reason: add
25th May 2012, 04:42 PM   |  #5834  
Flag MILAN
Thanks Meter: 128

383 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeler

Is there an explanation that v20 runs better on my phone with thkernel instead of fera or doom?

Not all the phones behave the same, generally speaking.

Apart from that, you should check undervolting and frequencies and check if undervolting is actually supported by your kernel.

Undervolting is one of the most frequent cause of lags and, maybe, your kernel doesn't support it, so you might have chosen it while installing the Rom, but it hasn't been actually applied and your device works fine, while with doom or fera kernel, since it is actually undervolted because those kernel support that tuning, your phone lags... I.e. some phones (not mine) don't like undervolting.

Another explanation could be a change in the scheduler, but you should make some experiment
The Following User Says Thank You to lucaoldb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th May 2012, 05:00 PM   |  #5835  
Flag Berlin

548 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucaoldb

Apart from that, you should check undervolting and frequencies and check if undervolting is actually supported by your kernel.

Undervolting is one of the most frequent cause of lags and, maybe, your kernel doesn't support it, so you might have chosen it while installing the Rom, but it hasn't been actually applied and your device works fine, while with doom or fera kernel, since it is actually undervolted because those kernel support that tuning, your phone lags... I.e. some phones (not mine) don't like undervolting.

Another explanation could be a change in the scheduler, but you should make some experiment

Can I switch to not undervolt without flashing it again???
Until now I always chose undervolt without regretting it! Thx for advise ;)

Feralab
V20 ~Break the limits~
Honeycomb Theme
Fera Kernel-ULBL
25th May 2012, 05:38 PM   |  #5836  
Flag Fife,UK
Thanks Meter: 38

512 posts
More
Ok thats me saying it now! V20 is very laggy. Installed it twice
25th May 2012, 05:51 PM   |  #5837  
Thanks Meter: 469

938 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucaoldb

Placebo effect? if you guys check the minimum freq for the rom is 245 mhz,so if you use another kernel the min will always be 245 mhz,unless you delete the archive with the default freq,and use an app to modify that values,like set cpu or no frills
25th May 2012, 06:09 PM   |  #5838  
Flag Berlin

548 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalel29

Placebo effect? if you guys check the minimum freq for the rom is 245 mhz,so if you use another kernel the min will always be 245 mhz,unless you delete the archive with the default freq,and use an app to modify that values,like set cpu or no frills

That was what i thought, cause i chose undervolt & i chose freq. 245-
I would say undervolt would meaning 128- but you couldnt chose less than 245 :)
Anyway im doing a fresh install again, right now, with no undervolt!!!
I think Fera has done such a great Job!!!!! And Im not complaining, never have been, im just trying to figure out why first of all my battery is draining so fast & why Power Amp keeps on lagging on my Device. I dont wanna install any Cpu App, cause Feras tweaked this Rom to Perfection & it should go without.
Thank You & ill keep you posted ;)
25th May 2012, 06:26 PM   |  #5839  
Flag So Paulo
Thanks Meter: 88

702 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeySee

Can I switch to not undervolt without flashing it again???
Until now I always chose undervolt without regretting it! Thx for advise ;)

Feralab
V20 ~Break the limits~
Honeycomb Theme
Fera Kernel-ULBL

You can try removing the 07g from system/etc/init.d at least in the past that was the undervolt one

The Following User Says Thank You to aalvico For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th May 2012, 06:28 PM   |  #5840  
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 39

53 posts
More
Exclamation
For anyone that has problems with v20+ferakernel (FC, bootloops, audio shuttering, slowness)
I would recommend restoring your x10 to stock with SEUS and then doing everything from the start (root, flash ferakernel, format everything (even format multiple times, doesn't hurt), flash v20 ROM, wait a few minutes, reboot).

You never know that's been wiped and what's not, and restoring everything back with SEUS and then flashing kernel and rom on a fresh mobile should eliminate most of the problems you guys are having.

Like I said on FB feralab group, I'll repeat it here: you guys are giving up on v20 too fast. It's by far the fastest ROM for x10, and getting Ferakernel+v20 combination to work is worth the trouble.

One user had major lags and did everything I described above, it worked for him, it should work for you too.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sambro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
awesome, best rom for x10, blazing fast, discussion, feralab, love it!, masterpiece
Previous Thread Next Thread