OP dwitherell

25th May 2012, 06:00 AM   |  #1231  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,649

3,982 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by stebomurkn420

I flashed the stock music player .zip and everytime I open it its fine.... Until I play a song, it then makes my phone reboot... Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA

I have a memory of the stock music player not playing nice with the lockscreen music widget... is yours enabled? If so, disabling it could help. Otherwise I'd recommend not using that one. Also - if you can always get the phone to reboot in that scenario try getting a logcat and send it my way. I'll be able to tell you more at that point.

EDIT: Update your tweaktools everyone
Last edited by dwitherell; 25th May 2012 at 06:06 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dwitherell For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th May 2012, 06:09 AM   |  #1232  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,649

3,982 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdadevnube

So I have a fun one. Is there a way to get the long-press volume rocker keys to go forward or back a music track with the lock-screen disabled?
Using TSM parts as well as the NoLock app to disable the lock-screen will disable the volume rocker long press mappings and instead the volume rocker wakes the screen.
No biggie, I'm just sort-of a lock-screen hater and I dig the volume rocker long-press mappings for music.

Yeah... I've thought about that. I'll throw some attention at it at some point in the near future. I feel like it should be doable, but it'll take some tinkering/learning to figure it out
The Following User Says Thank You to dwitherell For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th May 2012, 06:18 AM   |  #1233  
Flag springdale
Thanks Meter: 165

582 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdadevnube

So I have a fun one. Is there a way to get the long-press volume rocker keys to go forward or back a music track with the lock-screen disabled?
Using TSM parts as well as the NoLock app to disable the lock-screen will disable the volume rocker long press mappings and instead the volume rocker wakes the screen.
No biggie, I'm just sort-of a lock-screen hater and I dig the volume rocker long-press mappings for music.

I'm one of the biggest fan of the volume keys hack for the music widget, not a lockscreen hater though. What I do is I use password lockscreen to open up my phone and the volume keys hack works. Lockscreen still has to be enabled in tsm though, but yea you're right with lockscreen disabled, volume keys hack wake phone.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium
25th May 2012, 12:12 PM   |  #1234  
Thanks Meter: 0

65 posts
Can i get a d/l link for the su package please. I have Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed on my sd card but when i flashed it thru cwm and it went fine (no errors) but my TI backup, wifi tether, su app still cant get root prives. Lost root flashing the 524 pbj kernal

Edit: figured out what i did wrong, back to root status

Last edited by thad2b; 25th May 2012 at 12:27 PM.
25th May 2012, 12:27 PM   |  #1235  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 3,095

3,413 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thad2b

Can i get a d/l link for the su package please. I have Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed on my sd card but when i flashed it thru cwm and it went fine (no errors) but my TI backup, wifi tether, su app still cant get root prives. Lost root flashing the 524 pbj kernal

Did you mount /system before you flashed? That's necessary with su.
The Following User Says Thank You to shrike1978 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th May 2012, 02:01 PM   |  #1236  
Thanks Meter: 32

241 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEbigSWEEN

I might be wrong about this but AFAIK it's not good to regularly just do a battery pull unless the phone is frozen/locked up. When I swap batteries I power down and wait about 15-30 seconds (at least until the back light on the hard keys goes off.) If you said after a power-down there's only a 10% chance of them resetting then the 10% may be you pulling the battery before it's completely shut down. I remember having this problem before, and it IS a PITA, but can't quite remember what exactly caused/fixed it. Give waiting an extra moment a try though and see if that helps.

Hmmm... when you power down, first I get Google on the screen for about 2 seconds, then there is something else on the screen for about 20 seconds. Is the OS really doing anything all that time? What is it doing? I can barely wait for the Google to disappear. Now I gotta wait 20, 25 whole seconds? I am a very important international spy and man of mystery. I just don't have all minute for this sort of stuff.
The Following User Says Thank You to SoonerLater For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th May 2012, 04:42 PM   |  #1237  
Thanks Meter: 114

335 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwitherell

EDIT: Update your tweaktools everyone

Just FYI, it states that you have to be on default theme (Black n Blue) before updating Tweaktools. When going from CoreDroid to Black and Blue using Tweaktools, my status bar became nonfunctional (force close). I went ahead and updated tweaktools anyway without a functional status bar, and upon rebooting it went into crazy force close mode where I couldn't do anything. So I had to factory reset and reflash

I'm assuming it has something to do with being on Black and Blue as default, then going to CoreDroid, then back to Black and Blue. Whatever it was, I hadn't flashed anything in a while and boy did it feel good

So this is just maybe a warning to those on a different theme that you might run into this kind of problem and have to wipe and reflash, unless mine was an isolated case or I did something wrong, which is entirely probable. Not a big deal for me though since I run weekly Titanium back ups!
The Following User Says Thank You to BattsNotIncld For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th May 2012, 04:50 PM   |  #1238  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 51

542 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattsNotIncld

Just FYI, it states that you have to be on default theme (Black n Blue) before updating Tweaktools. When going from CoreDroid to Black and Blue using Tweaktools, my status bar became nonfunctional (force close). I went ahead and updated tweaktools anyway without a functional status bar, and upon rebooting it went into crazy force close mode where I couldn't do anything. So I had to factory reset and reflash

I'm assuming it has something to do with being on Black and Blue as default, then going to CoreDroid, then back to Black and Blue. Whatever it was, I hadn't flashed anything in a while and boy did it feel good

So this is just maybe a warning to those on a different theme that you might run into this kind of problem and have to wipe and reflash, unless mine was an isolated case or I did something wrong, which is entirely probable. Not a big deal for me though since I run weekly Titanium back ups!

I was using Black and Grey and things went fine. Having said that, I did lose root after updating and am now defaulted on the Black and Blue theme.

I'm wondering if the themes listed on TweakTools are compatible with 2.1. For now I'm going to stay on Black and Blue...
25th May 2012, 05:11 PM   |  #1239  
Thanks Meter: 1,587

5,348 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thad2b

Edit: figured out what i did wrong, back to root status

Try to reboot your phone see if root is there? Also take notes when your phone booting up. There is some issues with the 0524 PBJ kernel.
25th May 2012, 06:02 PM   |  #1240  
Flag North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 30

140 posts
More
Lockscreen
Hey dwitherell was wondering if you have the option to change the lockscreen background in TSM settings now. I checked the OP and most of the thread to see if this has changed since you couldn't change it at the birth of 2.0

Keep up the great work!

Mike

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread