Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I'll wait until it's complete

Votes: 39 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

yncconsulting

May 10, 2012
I am naming this ROM with my wife's initials CG as a token of appreciation for her support of my work on this project.

Also credit should be given to Chaosz-X, as part of our ROM was based on his work (mainly the vendor config files).

We have moved to RC release which means it's fairly stable and with most functionality supported. But it doesn't mean it's fully working there are still some bugs and some functionality unsupported see below section to see what is not working.

Also remember that this is not a ported rom it's build from scratch with official HTC HC kernel source modified to work with JB AOKP, so it's very stable but the progress is slower since the degree of difficulty is higher. So be patient.

Release Candidate 2.1 [8/23]
Video coming soon...

Alpha 1.2 [7/19] http://youtu.be/ni0SivL4_ms
Alpha 1.1 [7/2] http://youtu.be/jiY1yNPGR90
Alpha [6/18] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk3rPVbvuAg
Pre-alpha 2 [5/25] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA9IllruYZA
Pre-alpha 1 [5/15] http://youtu.be/mW8qLrse4pc

You MUST be on HC or flash HC hboot before installing this rom

**********************************CURRENT CHANGE LOGS******************************
Change log RC 2.3
Bluetooth obviously
wifi fix for hidden network.
youtube HD video fix.
Disable hw key
Fling issue - thx to IAMCHUNKY and Dexter.
Market/Play store compatibility issue - thx to Dexter.

Known issues

Front facing camera not working
GPS signal is weak...
Wimax (4G)
VPN
WIFI tethering
USB OTG

Ok, here is the link to the ROM.

CG ROM RC 2.3

Also since this is a AOKP rom it doesn't contain google apps(google play...etc), please download and install the google apks here.

http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip

Patches - patch are zip file just like the rom and should be install just like how you would install the rom

This patch should be apply by all that is currently on 2.3 with weak GPS
Patch for GPS fix

This patch should only be apply if you have phone UI (i.e if you only install 2.3 and not the tablet patch b4) and want WIFI only (it disable the 3g radio).
Patch for phone UI and WIFI ONLY

This patch should only be apply if you have tablet UI (i.e if you applied the tablet patch b4) and want WIFI only (it disable the 3g radio).

This patch should only be apply if you want tablet UI
Patch to switch to tablet UI and 3G

The step is as follow
1. Make a nanodroid back up!!!
2. Wipe everything. (Data, cache, Dalvka....Please wipe before you complaint!)
3. Copy the zip file into sdcard
4. Install the zip from recovery.
5. Enjoy.

Disclaimers: We're not responsible if you flash this and you brick your view (or your any other device)

Here is the link to the kernel source. Kernel Git
Device/Vendor Git Device Git

Archive Change Logs

Change log RC 2.2
Added Mic support for internal mic
Added Camcorder function with back camera for now. Still no front camera.
Added active pen support thanks to Dexter.
Fixed issue with headset vs speaker switch issue
Fixed Netflix streaming
Fixed UMS(only internal sd card for now)
Revert UI to phone style as default (Nexus 7 look and feel). Will provide a patch for those that want tablet look and feel.
Fixed Gallery crashing issue.

Change log RC 2.1
AOKP Jelly Bean
GPS support
Camera back only with preview (no camcorder function)
Sound
Touch screen
Microphone with headset, internal is not working
HWA (Video, netflix, ppstream, youtube)
UMS
Scroll and Fling issue resolved
Pen
3G

Change log RC 2.0
GPS support
Camera both front and back with preview
Fixed squeezed button when menu button is added.

Change log Alpha 1.2
Netflix and other video stream player buffer issue.
UMS support to mount internal and external sd on PC.
Fixed issue with Chrome browser, also browser speed seems to have improved.
Added support for 720p and 1080p video streaming.
Lost camera support.

Change log Alpha 1.1
Camera - partially working, preview is broken but takes pictures for both front and back camera.
Multi-touch is fixed, pinch zoom works in browser.
Pen - partially working, you can write and draw on Quill app.
Fixed FC issue when selecting Theme under Settings
Fixed FC issue when selecting Apps under Settings, this is the issue when you have apps installed on SD card.
Fixed FC issue with Talk
Switch launcher to Apex for smoother feel.

Change log Alpha 1.0
Video playback for all apps - hardware decoding
Fixed red boarder
Swipe fling issue and scrolling issue. It's better than pre-alpha but sometime it could still pause
Other minor tweaks.

Change log Pre-alpha
Sound
Wifi
Touch screen

Last edited:

freak4dell

Aug 10, 2008
Downloaded, and I'll flash it whenever my tablet is done charging.

File size is extremely small compared to the other ROMs.

Reactions: hisoms

yncconsulting

May 10, 2012
Downloaded, and I'll flash it whenever my tablet is done charging.

File size is extremely small compared to the other ROMs.

That's because it's build from aokp tree directly, if you have use cm9 or aokp or any other aosp flavor rom, this is how small it usually is. But it doesn't have gapps. so you need to download those separately.

Reactions: casmi

freak4dell

Aug 10, 2008
Well, installed, but it doesn't seem to be booting. It just stays at the initial HTC screen. I'll leave it be for a few more minutes, but if it doesn't work, I'll upgrade to Honeycomb and then try flashing it again.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

That's because it's build from aokp tree directly, if you have use cm9 or aokp or any other aosp flavor rom, this is how small it usually is. But it doesn't have gapps. so you need to download those separately.

Makes sense. The files for my phone that are built from AOSP are always smaller than the original ROMs, too.

yncconsulting

May 10, 2012
Well, installed, but it doesn't seem to be booting. It just stays at the initial HTC screen. I'll leave it be for a few more minutes, but if it doesn't work, I'll upgrade to Honeycomb and then try flashing it again.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Makes sense. The files for my phone that are built from AOSP are always smaller than the original ROMs, too.

You may not have to install the whole HC, just update the hboot for HC if you have it and try again.

Reactions: casmi

truthkillszz

Apr 29, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Flashing right now

Edit: Ok so from the few minutes i been playing with this the only bugs i notice are:
  • Red perimeter around the screen if i remember that has to do with the drivers
  • A occasional lag with the keyboard
  • the nav bars look too small but once i went into rom control and changed the nav bar width back to default they looked better
  • Whenever I long press anything on Trebuchet or Nova the screen rotates and then rotates back real quick not allowing me to move the item or anything

Last edited:

henningspruth

Apr 28, 2011
I downloaded and it installed on top of Honeycomb without a problem. This looks very promising!

yncconsulting, are you interested in feedback and bug reports at this time, and is this thread the right place for it?

Reactions: rayandreas

yncconsulting

May 10, 2012
Flashing right now

Edit: Ok so from the few minutes i been playing with this the only bugs i notice are:
  • the nav bars look too small but once i went into rom control and changed the nav bar width back to default they looked better
  • Whenever I long press anything on Trebuchet or Nova the screen rotates and then rotates back real quick not allowing me to move the item or anything

Did you come from HC or GB? btw, Congrats, you're officially the 4th person to use ics on htc view =)

henningspruth

Apr 28, 2011

I saw at first the same issues with the red perimeter and not being able to drag an app to the desktop, but this has fixed itself after installing an app from the Play Store.

EDIT: oops, now the rotate-when-drag-to-desktop effect has reappeared

Last edited:

smknjoe78

Jan 18, 2012
Point Reyes
Thanks for the ROM its working great the only issues I have run into is with the homescreen transitions little laggy. A few forced closes when I use the ROM settings and tried to change the theme. Any chance of getting a Sense 4 integration in the future? Or any Sense for that matter I know that this is huge having a working ICS but I really like having a Sense in there too. Again great job guys.

Sent from my HTC Express using xda premium

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
Wow, sounds great.

I know over on the E4GT you have to be VERY careful about how to flash an AOKP ICS build, what recovery to use, what kernel to use - lest you brick your rig.

Any special precautions here?

** Thanks so much for this! Should I assume that the pen will work everywhere with this rom as it does in HC?

Last edited:

yncconsulting

May 10, 2012
Wow, sounds great.

I know over on the E4GT you have to be VERY careful about how to flash an AOKP ICS build, what recovery to use, what kernel to use - lest you brick your rig.

Any special precautions here?

** Thanks so much for this! Should I assume that the pen will work everywhere with this rom as it does in HC?

Guys, hate to bust your bubble...but this is an Alpha-release, which means more things don't work than those that do. Please read my original post, this release is for ppl who are curious about ics, want to play around with it.

Reactions: RED ZMAN

yncconsulting

May 10, 2012
Don't need bug report as there are too many and we know it. Unless you have some ideas or suggestions on how to fix the issues.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

freak4dell

Aug 10, 2008
Okay, on this ROM now.

I've seen a couple of the bugs that the others have seen, but no big deal for me. For the rotating thing, a reboot put it back to normal for me.

The biggest thing I've noticed that actually does matter to me (other than the rotating thing above) is that scrolling can be wonky at times. If I flick too fast, it won't scroll very much, or it will just bounce a little bit where it is. I sometimes have to follow through with the motion all the way for it to smoothly scroll, in any direction. If you need a video of that, just let me know.

You're off to a better than excellent start. Of course there's bugs that need to be worked out, but you've gotten further than anybody else has, so kudos!

yncconsulting

May 10, 2012
Not that we don't want to but this is source from aokp which means its pure google android without any HTC add on.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Reactions: RED ZMAN

henningspruth

Apr 28, 2011

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am naming this ROM with my wife's initials CG as a token of appreciation for her support of my work on this project.

Also credit should be given to Chaosz-X, as part of our ROM was based on his work (mainly the vendor config files).

We have moved to RC release which means it's fairly stable and with most functionality supported. But it doesn't mean it's fully working there are still some bugs and some functionality unsupported see below section to see what is not working.

Also remember that this is not a ported rom it's build from scratch with official HTC HC kernel source modified to work with JB AOKP, so it's very stable but the progress is slower since the degree of difficulty is higher. So be patient.

Release Candidate 2.1 [8/23]
    Video coming soon...

Alpha 1.2 [7/19] http://youtu.be/ni0SivL4_ms
    Alpha 1.1 [7/2] http://youtu.be/jiY1yNPGR90
    Alpha [6/18] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk3rPVbvuAg
    Pre-alpha 2 [5/25] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA9IllruYZA
    Pre-alpha 1 [5/15] http://youtu.be/mW8qLrse4pc

You MUST be on HC or flash HC hboot before installing this rom

**********************************CURRENT CHANGE LOGS******************************
    Change log RC 2.3
    Bluetooth obviously
    wifi fix for hidden network.
    youtube HD video fix.
    Disable hw key
    Fling issue - thx to IAMCHUNKY and Dexter.
    Market/Play store compatibility issue - thx to Dexter.

Known issues

Front facing camera not working
    GPS signal is weak...
    Wimax (4G)
    VPN
    WIFI tethering
    USB OTG

Ok, here is the link to the ROM.

CG ROM RC 2.3

Also since this is a AOKP rom it doesn't contain google apps(google play...etc), please download and install the google apks here.

http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip

Patches - patch are zip file just like the rom and should be install just like how you would install the rom

This patch should be apply by all that is currently on 2.3 with weak GPS
    Patch for GPS fix

This patch should only be apply if you have phone UI (i.e if you only install 2.3 and not the tablet patch b4) and want WIFI only (it disable the 3g radio).

This patch should only be apply if you have tablet UI (i.e if you applied the tablet patch b4) and want WIFI only (it disable the 3g radio).

This patch should only be apply if you want tablet UI
    Patch to switch to tablet UI and 3G

The step is as follow
    1. Make a nanodroid back up!!!
    2. Wipe everything. (Data, cache, Dalvka....Please wipe before you complaint!)
    3. Copy the zip file into sdcard
    4. Install the zip from recovery.
    5. Enjoy.

Disclaimers: We're not responsible if you flash this and you brick your view (or your any other device)

Here is the link to the kernel source. Kernel Git
    Device/Vendor Git Device Git

Archive Change Logs

Change log RC 2.2
    Added Mic support for internal mic
    Added Camcorder function with back camera for now. Still no front camera.
    Added active pen support thanks to Dexter.
    Fixed issue with headset vs speaker switch issue
    Fixed Netflix streaming
    Fixed UMS(only internal sd card for now)
    Revert UI to phone style as default (Nexus 7 look and feel). Will provide a patch for those that want tablet look and feel.
    Fixed Gallery crashing issue.

Change log RC 2.1
    AOKP Jelly Bean
    GPS support
    Camera back only with preview (no camcorder function)
    Sound
    Touch screen
    HWA (Video, netflix, ppstream, youtube)
    UMS
    Scroll and Fling issue resolved
    Pen
    3G

Change log RC 2.0
    GPS support
    Camera both front and back with preview
    Fixed squeezed button when menu button is added.

Change log Alpha 1.2
    Netflix and other video stream player buffer issue.
    UMS support to mount internal and external sd on PC.
    Fixed issue with Chrome browser, also browser speed seems to have improved.
    Added support for 720p and 1080p video streaming.
    Lost camera support.

Change log Alpha 1.1
    Camera - partially working, preview is broken but takes pictures for both front and back camera.
    Multi-touch is fixed, pinch zoom works in browser.
    Pen - partially working, you can write and draw on Quill app.
    Fixed FC issue when selecting Theme under Settings
    Fixed FC issue when selecting Apps under Settings, this is the issue when you have apps installed on SD card.
    Fixed FC issue with Talk
    Switch launcher to Apex for smoother feel.

Change log Alpha 1.0
    Video playback for all apps - hardware decoding
    Fixed red boarder
    Swipe fling issue and scrolling issue. It's better than pre-alpha but sometime it could still pause
    Other minor tweaks.

Change log Pre-alpha
    Sound
    Wifi
    Touch screen

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
    Last release

It's been a great 6+ months since I first started out on this ROM. It has been both fun and exhausting. I have been thinking about stepping away for a while now for those of you that follow my thread, I think now might be the best time as we have more dev/porters working on the device.

Now regarding the last release, here is what I have so far. I really hope to get FFC camera to work before I bid farewell, but that may not happen.

Android 4.1.2 based
    GPS much better signal
    UMS both sd card

Now the downside
    Occasional graphic glitches that happens on all 4.1.2 ROM ATM
    i think i am going to release 2.4 with cm9. thats ICS btw. the reason is that i dont think i can get anything else to work on jb. however on ics i think i can get camera and camcorder fully working.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
    yncconsulting as you said about your to-do list can we see what is inside? ;)

Sure, There big ticket items which requires a lot of development and testing time and there are few minor issues which should take less time but could turn into big ticket items once I start looking into it.

Also remember that at this point the Rom is very functional and very stable. The next release will be RC1 and will not be call Alpha or Beta anymore. I think that the ROM at the current stage can satisfy most ppl's needs for daily driver. I hope to include microphone and maybe camera support as well as scrolling fix and squish button fix. At which point I will make a decision weather to continue with development as this has been taking a serious toll to my regular work and life for the past 2 months. I think I have delivery a lot in the short amount of time. So I hope you would understand if I were to take a break from this for while or even stop development as I am feeling a little burn out.

Big ticket items (The time that I have already spent on each item)
    Microphone (1 week)
    Camera, (2 weeks)
    Pen, (few days)
    Bluetooth, (2 weeks)
    3g (none)

Minor Items
    Scrolling issue, Squish buttons, battery improvement, Cpu OC...other bugs ppl brings up.