[NIGHTLY] UNOFFICIAL CM9/ICS For Droid 4 For MotoICS Leak

Search This thread

cron666

Jan 14, 2009
Ocean City
So far its great. still having the issue with the keyboard not lighting up when sliding out the keyboard while the phone is unlocked.

keyboard works great when the screen is set to Automatic brightness.

i sent an email to hashc0de and await his reply as to how he plans to host future releases. I don't mind hosting them.

Zuofu

Dec 19, 2008
I'm using the 4/7 build. I've noticed that once the phone switches to GSM switching it back to CDMA or CDMA/LTE causes problems. The only way to get 3G/4G data back for me is to wipe cache.

However, the data is generally stable unless you switch it to GSM mode or it automatically switches to GSM mode (which I think it does if there is no reception with either 3G or 4G) e.g. in a basement.

I went to 4/7 from a way old (early march) build, where the 4G reception was much worse - it would drop out if it had less than 2 bars. Now it is generally stable except for the GSM issue I mentioned above. It seems that if someone were to disable the GSM option and prevent it from automatically trying to get GSM if it has no CDMA/LTE it would be fine near 100% of the time.

Coolaaron88

How's it going?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

So I tested it out all of yesterday and the data connectivity issue is still there. It wont stay connected to 3G/4G and sometimes a reboot isn't enough to bring it back. Its even worse when you want to resume data after airplane mode or even after turning off WiFi. I wish this issue would be put to rest. Outside of that I love the ROM. This issue is the only one that has me always going back to Gingerbread.

Briteyez83

Nov 27, 2011
Port Orchard, WA
So I tested it out all of yesterday and the data connectivity issue is still there. It wont stay connected to 3G/4G and sometimes a reboot isn't enough to bring it back. Its even worse when you want to resume data after airplane mode or even after turning off WiFi. I wish this issue would be put to rest. Outside of that I love the ROM. This issue is the only one that has me always going back to Gingerbread.

I go back to Gingerbread if im not at home where im on WIFI. Its a pain in the ass but with safestrap it makes doing swapping back and forth easy.

CreepyE

Oct 2, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I guess I'm one the ones that's lucky with data. Mines been great but then again I'm on the most recent gummy nightly

Sent from my ICS flavored DROID4

core2kid

Mar 6, 2011
USB issues

I can't get my computer to recognize the phone. Any ideas? Works fine through the stock kernel on the same computer/same USB port/same USB cable.
Basically my phone says "USB Storage in use" but the computer doesn't show anything. No changes in Device Manager either.

rumgool

Feb 16, 2012
GAINESVILLE

iamandrewww

May 17, 2009
Is there someway to fix the camera on this? I've been searching this thread, just seems like it "just works" for some people. Is there a known fix for this? All that happens when I launch the camera is the shutter button and a gray background just covers the whole screen.

detox702

Mar 23, 2008
Fairly significant issue: I got a new 64gb uSD card today. I plugged it in to my phone and (as expected) it showed 'damaged SD card' and asked me to format. I pressed format, and instead of formatting the 64gb SD as I expected it would, it completely ignored the external SD card and formatted the 8gb storage causing me to lose a large amount of game data and some pictures. Is there a way this can be avoided in the future if I upgrade to a 128gb card when/if it releases?

Also, I've installed the latest Moto drivers, and I'm still unable to connect to my PC via USB storage. Any other suggestions? However, it does mount both internal and external SD if I do so through CWM.

Last edited:

core2kid

Mar 6, 2011
Still can't get a USB connection between the phone and PC/Mac. Anybody else having this issue? It's driving me nuts!

detox702

Mar 23, 2008
,Dewhashish, your information is incorrect. I have a 64gb in there right now and it is fully functional. Many other people have reported the same thing. Once it is correctly formatted by the phone, it will work just fine.

SDXC and SDHC are essentially the same card. If it supports one, it will support the other.

Reactions: YahyaIsrael

calebu2

Oct 3, 2010
Installed 5/24 nightly and got no cell connection (certainly no data). Did i pick a bad nightly or should i be doing something to troubleshoot?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

detox702

Mar 23, 2008
calebu2: I'm having the same problem. I've been on 5-20 for a few days, everything was fine then today it just stopped. I completely wiped everything, installed 5-25 and started from scratch. I still have no cell/data connection. if you figure out a solution, I'd love to hear it.

Edit: I forgot I updated my phone to nightly 5-23 last night. I wiped/flashed back to 5-20 and it seems to have been fixed.

Last edited:

calebu2

Oct 3, 2010
I noticed in 5/24 that the mobile networks menu didn't have the gsm only option. I downloaded 5/25 and installed it. THIS TIME I followed instructions and did not allow google to restore settings.

Somewhere between the two differences (1 day + following instructions) and toggling gsm data I was able to get everything working.

Even still data is *incredibly* flaky. I get 3G or 4G and a strong signal but doesn't go blue. Makes the wifi problems on my hp touchpad seem trivial

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

whiteout7942

Dec 14, 2011
Washington D.C
Flashed 5-28 and now the ringer does not work. Ringtones/notification sounds do not work. I can hear the volume being turned up but even the alarm notification sound does not work with the volume all the way up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FLASHING ROMS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND COULD POTENTIALLY DAMAGE YOUR PHONE -- WHILE I MAKE EVERY ATTEMPT NOT TO LET THIS HAPPEN, IT'S STILL A RISK THAT YOU'RE TAKING. IF SOMETHING BAD SHOULD HAPPEN TO YOUR PHONE, PLEASE DON'T BLAME ME -- HENCE THIS WARNING.

This isn't so much a ROM announcement as it is a direction to find the unofficial nightly builds of CM9 for the Droid 4 (based on Motorola ICS leaks)

Download Here from ROMbot

Download GApps Here (04/29 Goo-Inside GApps Link).
    FLASH THE GAPPS.ZIP FILE AFTER YOU FLASH THE ICS.ZIP

WHAT do I need to run this ROM?
    - Rooted
    - Running a Motorola ICS leak (.206, .208, .211, etc)
    - I recommend that you run Safestrap v2.00 to install this. Here's how to use Safestrap
    And you can download Safestrap for the Droid 4 (v2.x for ICS-leak users) here:
    Safestrap « Hash-of-Codes

WHAT can I expect to work right now?
    - 4G and basic phone function
    - All sensors
    - Camera, Panorama and Face-unlock
    - Video Recording
    - HD YouTube
    - Netflix

Current Known Issues?
    - Data connection is a work in progress. It's MUCH better than it used to be in the old ICS builds, however there is always room for improvement. Due to the "global" data connection style of stock Motorola ICS, this problem will probably continue to be worked on. Feedback is always appreciated, but if you see it posted already then there's a good chance I know about specific issues.
    - Currently, there is a bug in the rotation display of the phone. What I mean is, that when you take the phone and rotate it, the display will squeeze in on itself and then pop back out. This is a *known* issue and I'm working very hard to fix it.
    - The CM9 built-in Wifi Tether won't work. You need to use the "Wifi Tether" app that's bundled into the ROM. Once you open it, hit [menu] and "Settings". Select "Change Device-Profile" to "Generic ICS".
    - I'm sure there's more, I'll update this list here in a bit.

WHO works on this?
    Myself and @DHacker29 work as a team to build AOSP-based ROMs (and device setups) for several Motorola phones. Typically, I do the coding work in C, C++ or Java while DHacker maintains the blobs, runs merges with CM/AOKP sources, and solves device issues which require less coding.

WHAT is a "nightly"?
    It's an automated build ran from a script. It basically: deletes the current set of output files, sync's with github, and then attempts to do a brand new build. It can break at times, in which case we'll fix it (usually this happens when there are framework changes which didn't get merged).

WHY would I want this?
    - Since we work on several devices, this is how we decided to start keeping builds up-to-date. Rather than spend several hours a week on builds and uploading. This happens automatically every night around 2am PST.
    - It's up to you the community to identify good "stable" builds.

Feel free to follow me on Twitter as I do sometimes make announcements there before I do forum postings:
    Hashcode (@Hashcode0f) on Twitter

We maintain all of our code at github:
    https://github.com/o...ns/STS-Dev-Team

Screenshots:
    [ COMING SOON ]
    Reserved for future use
    Well I can assist in your issue.

I too was skeptical at first about safestrap but its pretty self explanatory.
    You have the concept down that it backs up your original system 1 and creates a system 2 to then be altered and flashed without touching system 1.

I had the Droid X and that had a locked bootloader as well.
    From my research a locked bootloader just denies the "lowest" level of access to the phone which includes flashing radios and kernels.

Other than that, Yes you can install D4 Safestrap which acts just as CWM Recovery in order to flash this Rom and or others.

Remember when flashing to ENABLE safestrap before you flash and always backup, wipe data, cache, and dalvik

Hope that helps explain some of it to you.

I have ICS this beta running on my D4 like a champ
    Just tried installing using safestrap and bootlooped. Had to hard reboot to get back to safestrap recovery and back in to stock ROM. Anyone else tried this yet? Might try again tonight when I get home and let the battery charge up a bit.

Sent from my DROID4 using XDA
    I was able to get it installed and working just fine under safestrap. Did you wipe data, cache, and dalvick?
    I was able to get it installed and working just fine under safestrap. Did you wipe data, cache, and dalvick?

That was it. First time I've used safestrap. I figured since I did not have a previous ROM installed in Safemode that I did not need to wipe. Went back in, wiped data and cache and now I am in business. Looking good Hash!

One question though, I tried to wipe dalvik and it said it could not find sd-ext. Any idea what that is about?

Edit: Feels so good to be flashing ROMs again!!!