Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,884 Members 52,512 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] question about 5.7.906 sbf

Tip us?

MAD450r
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Default ovelayer Thanks very much for your help fixing my droid 3

Thanks for the information. that helped me out alot. Im legally blind and got my replacement droid 3 and I tried to sbf before I noticed it was not the same version. I managed to get into the phone by holding up and down volume at bootup then chose tools and it then boots up the rom where I was able to have a freind read it to me.

I then did so much reading before I found this topic and low and behold there is a way back from my messup. I had the same sbf that messed me up then I extracted it and extracted your zip into it as well telling to overwrite old files it made it farther the first time but still failed so I then went to recovery and wiped data factory reset then reran rsdlite 5.6.4, and all went perfectly this time

So my one question not having anyone here to read version for me does this mean im still partially on 5.7.906 ? just curiouse I know im keeping this sbf around and I even rezipped and named the one I put your files into so I can find it easily next time.

Anyone else that flashed the official or like in my case got replacement phone with 5.7.906 on it this method will work if you end up messing something up. Im back up and running on ice cream sandwhich and this time seems to be running smoother, I put the latest nightly I could find on this time

still every now and then data drops but I either just click a few times in and row and it comes back on, if that doesn't work turn on airplane mode for a few seconds then turn it off and data should be back for you. Other than that im very happy with this release.
Moto droid 1 Froyo BBv0.4 Has my Mickey Mouse theme with a few widgets from other themes. chevyNo1 ULV 1.2ghz kernal

Moto droid 2 SS4.6 ChevyNo1 ULV 1.2ghz kernal apps2sd sd

Moto droid 3 BBv1.1 smoked glass theme, with alot of added custom apps. SH 2 launcher 1.2ghz

HTC incredible Rooted CM6 with my Pink-Life port SOLD

Moto droid X rooted running nextheme with some of my mickey mouse theme ported, also have TheBowers's inverted Facebook, Twitter.

redsox985
Old
(Last edited by redsox985; 20th May 2012 at 05:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 86
Now, I haven't tested this yet, as I have no need for it, but it's a 5.6.890 SBF with the necessary updated 5.7.906 files that allow bootloader etc. flashing, but with the 890 system. It's RSD Lite flashable, but you'll need to unzip with 7zip first.

http://bit.ly/KQ3sq5
Crack(flashing) is one hell of a drug.

{davros}
Old
Thanks Meter 27
redsox.........

have you tryed your "sbf" files yet?

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

mmmm prolly not huh cant edit post for some reason.. stupid chromium..

ovelayer
Old
Thanks Meter 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD450r View Post
So my one question not having anyone here to read version for me does this mean im still partially on 5.7.906 ? just curiouse I know im keeping this sbf around and I even rezipped and named the one I put your files into so I can find it easily next time.
I am not good at math but I would say you are 90% .890 and 10% .906.

redsox985
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by {davros} View Post
redsox.........

have you tryed your "sbf" files yet?

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

mmmm prolly not huh cant edit post for some reason.. stupid chromium..
Nope. I haven't had a need for it currently. I went back to GB and have been loving it.

{davros}
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox985 View Post
Nope. I haven't had a need for it currently. I went back to GB and have been loving it.

funny huh me too... i miss apex launcher tho

ovelayer
Old
(Last edited by ovelayer; 26th May 2012 at 03:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 356
MAD450r its not a prob bro
I admit I am also back fondlein gb..few tweeks and kicks and gb runs nice
Sure wish team liberty would come release a 3.0 based off .906
But they are lost in the land of ics...

Tweeked liberty

redsox985
Old
Thanks Meter 86
I miss Apex Launcher, too. But I've found Nemus Launcher to be kinda similar and pretty nice. With SafeStrap so popular now, it's rather rare to brick and need an SBF.