5,600,053 Members 42,697 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best Case for Photon

Tip us?

Uh60m Pilot
Old
Thanks Meter 170
I am sorry I am new to the photon..... Just upgraded my evo 4g and needed the sim for deployments. I bought a commuter case originally for my photon. I could not stand that the back was slippery when set on a table. I also did not like that the flaps covering the hdmi always opened when I pulled it from my pocket. My defender lasted a year in Iraq on my ipod without problem but I did not get that same build quality on the computer for my photon.

I did however get a seidio active case from amazon. I love the soft feel back and the nicer build quality. Sorry otterbox but you let me down. I still use my commuter when I need the dust cover.

All in all I am really happy with my seidio, at least until ballistic starts making one

Sent from my MB855 using XDA

sin-cal
Old
Thanks Meter 9
My vote is for the incipio silicrylic case. I like it much better than otterboxs I've had in the past.

Sent from my Motorola Photon via Tapatalk 2
~~~~~~~~karma is the essence of life~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Phone: LG G2
Rom.: Stock "rooted"
OS Ver: Android 4.4.2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dark Reality
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Not complaining but I got my Defender and I expected rubber inside and hard plastic outside, not the other way around. I love how my phone is, especially in the belt clip. It just screams military grade. Is that stupid? False confidence because it's bulky? Either way I'm happy and feel I got my money's worth, and that's what matters.

I want to get my wife a case. Any recommendations? Can't be bulky, she has smaller hands. Mainly want to keep the screen and case free of scratches more than anything. Colors a plus, especially if they have blue.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk
Samsung Galaxy S3 / US Cellular / d2usc

Devil'sRival
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Reality View Post
Not complaining but I got my Defender and I expected rubber inside and hard plastic outside, not the other way around. I love how my phone is, especially in the belt clip. It just screams military grade. Is that stupid? False confidence because it's bulky? Either way I'm happy and feel I got my money's worth, and that's what matters.

I want to get my wife a case. Any recommendations? Can't be bulky, she has smaller hands. Mainly want to keep the screen and case free of scratches more than anything. Colors a plus, especially if they have blue.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

http://www.seidioonline.com/ They have the surface and active cases that come in blue. I have the convert which includes a surface case and its nice on its own. You can get it cheaper if you shop around of course.
The Following User Says Thank You to Devil'sRival For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HWestern
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm just looking for a case that I can use with my HD dock and car dock without needing to modify with a razor. Does such a case exist?

alexpkeaton
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Tough Phone

I don't use a case, and I am HARD on phones. I have dropped the photon on the ground (sidewalk, street) several times from waist level and have not had an issue. Once it fell flat on the screen and I was sure it was ruined. It didn't even get a scratch! I like that my phone doesn't need an inch thick otterbox.

tweak89
Old
(Last edited by tweak89; 9th July 2012 at 07:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Wow, surprised that the Aegis has only been mentioned once! Great cases, especially at less than $20. I've had them for my last couple of phones and think they are great. A little sleeker than the Otterbox cases.

dsims7_2000
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Nice, but im naked now.

Samsung Galaxy Note II, stock, code name: "Cujo!" BoxWave Holster for protection!(siggy by DeedScreen)

knG333
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsims7_2000 View Post
Nice, but im naked now.
We really didn't need to know that man.

I used a cheap silicone case for a while but within the first month of owning mine I decided I liked it naked. After dropping it on pavement and it merely having a couple little scratches on the sides, I decided this phone is strong enough for me to use it without a case. That Trident one looks nice though, so I might try it out.

dsims7_2000
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by knG333 View Post
We really didn't need to know that man.

I used a cheap silicone case for a while but within the first month of owning mine I decided I liked it naked. After dropping it on pavement and it merely having a couple little scratches on the sides, I decided this phone is strong enough for me to use it without a case. That Trident one looks nice though, so I might try it out.
I have the OtterBox Defender sitting next to me now. 1. I rarely used the belt clip. 2. sometimes it was hard to use the otter keys when typing 3. I got tired of taking it apart weekly to clean it! Lastly, in 13+ years I have dropped exactly ONE phone. I really baby them.

I really like that light clean feel of being naked!

Samsung Galaxy Note II, stock, code name: "Cujo!" BoxWave Holster for protection!(siggy by DeedScreen)

Tags
holster, photon