Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,733 Members 53,800 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

stuck on boot screen after trying to root my X10.

Tip us?

arch.ahmed90
Old
(Last edited by arch.ahmed90; 25th May 2012 at 06:22 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Smile stuck on boot screen after trying to root my X10.

Hi all..
I was trying to root my device (using FlashTool), but after doing the step when you have to hold "Back" button and turn the device on (while FlashTool is still running), it just lost the ability to launch Android properly and instead it gets stuck on boot screen (black background with white "Sony Ericsson") and I'm not able to continue rooting my device afterwards..!

Any idea why? I did the same just yesterday and got the same problem ,so I had to restore system using SEUS tooll, but I still need to root my phone, any comment is welcome and thanks in advance for everybody..

I was following the instruction mentioned on this link:

www DOT xperiax10 DOT net/2011/09/08/root-your-gingerbread-xperia-x10-tutorial/#comment-31826

And my phone is running GingerBread.

sainath1248
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I assume your phone is X10i (if it's X10a let me know)
1.- download stock generic firmware http://minus.com/mAla782XK/1f
2.- download and install flashtool http://androxyde.github.com/Flashtool/
3.- inside flashtool you'll find several folders, unrar your firmware (X10i_3.0.1.G.0.75_1241-1846.ftf ) inside firmware folder, do not connect your phone yet
4.- run flashtool and click on "flash" icon, pick flashmode, then OK
5.- On the left side select your firmware and hit OK (It will say "preparing files for flashing")
6.- A window giving you instruccions will pop up, just press and hold the back button on your phone, connect the USB cable (which is already connected to PC, of course ) and don't let go the button until you read flashtool started to flash
7.- wait 'till it finishes
8.- It will only take a few minutes, the only moment it seems it's stucked is when is flashing "system" , don't worry, it takes a little longer that the other files.
9.- after is done, just unplug, turn it on and wait, don't forget first boot always takes a little longer too!!!!!!
10.- If you want to, use flashtool to root your phone and install xrecovery afterwards, that's it, brand new
Hope it helps and is clear enough, any question just ask, I'm usually here.

Don't forget to hit "thanks" if I was helpful!!

Sent from my Xperia X10[LB, Doom Kernel with Ferav19] using xda premium
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sainath1248 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

arch.ahmed90
Old
(Last edited by arch.ahmed90; 25th May 2012 at 06:21 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thank you for replying
i can restore my system using SEUS tool like i did yesterday But i also want to root my X10, so were those steps meant only to restore my system or also to root my device ?
thanks in advance

sainath1248
Old
Thanks Meter 11
See first topic in x10 Q/A...
Flash tool guide or G-Face guide

Xperia X10[LB, DoomV06-FS with FeraV19]
The Following User Says Thank You to sainath1248 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Speederoff
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Here the thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=928343
The Following User Says Thank You to Speederoff For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

inadequate
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I got that same problem when I tried to root my phone. Apparently I had forgotten to enable USB debugging on my phone before beginning the process..you can resolve it by clicking on flash in the flashtool and selecting kernel upgrade..your phone will boot after that. Then close flashtool and restart the process with USB debugging enabled. I did this and it worked for me
The Following User Says Thank You to inadequate For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

arch.ahmed90
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thank you very much
i did enable USB debugging and i repeated the process but unfortunately i faced the same problem i stuck on boot screen "black background with white "Sony Ericsson" text" i assumed that its default to stay on this screen for a while but i Waited for several minutes and nothing happened..
any idea why ? and what i have to do in order to root properly ?
thank in advanced.

sainath1248
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Which version of flashtool r u using...

The Following User Says Thank You to sainath1248 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sainath1248
Old
Thanks Meter 11
First upadate ur phone using SEUS..

Or(if the above don't work)
flash it using flashtool( put ur desired firmware in firmware folder and then flash)

Use the latest flashtool(0.7.1. something) just one click to root ur phone using this flashtool.
Click on the second folder from left(padlock) in flashtool.. Ur phone vl b rooted.
For installing xrecovery click on the second from right folder( plus symbol)
Take the desired one and install it..

When a door is closed definitely there will b another door in open..
For all first u should have COURAGE.
Do it...

sainath1248
Old
Thanks Meter 11
X10i stock generic firmware [url]http://minus.com/mAla782XK/1f[/url)