[Q]: Munjeni or WinSuk ICS?

OP DanGeorges

18th May 2012, 08:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 56

561 posts
More
I'm confused - what are the differences/advantages/disadvantages/progress/status of the two options of CM9 ROMs?
  • MunJeni
  • WinSuk
  • "official" CM9 (which I haven't really seen yet)

Maybe I'm the only one confused, but these two ROM developers seem to be working both together and separately.

Don't get me wrong - I'm thrilled that multiple people are working on an ICS ROM for the Aria. I just want to know what the differences are.

Thanks,
Dan
18th May 2012, 11:47 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

21 posts
They use different kernels. as far as I know thats pretty much it. I'm running munjini's currently and it works great for the most part
The Following User Says Thank You to dylantep For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2012, 05:11 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 860

505 posts
Donate to Me
More
80+% of munjeni's ROM came from mine, if that helps. Yet everyone is exploding over it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WinSuk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2012, 11:15 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 12

225 posts
I think that the projects should be merged with the best parts in each one. You both do great work and it should be best for the community to combine efforts and avoid confusion and supporting two projects.
22nd May 2012, 01:09 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 860

505 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMaki

I think that the projects should be merged with the best parts in each one. You both do great work and it should be best for the community to combine efforts and avoid confusion and supporting two projects.

Already tried that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WinSuk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2012, 05:58 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 16,774

5,360 posts
Quote:

I tried but all my commit pushed to WinSuk github was reverted so I opened separated git using initial repo from WinSuk and started working separated... but builds between WinSuk and me is not drastically diferent, thing about 2 roms is good thing becouse we have 2 diferent tests and we are at finish abble to merge good things between 2 roms!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to munjeni For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2012, 11:03 PM   |  #7  

225 posts
if you both be able to work together in the end that would be awesome and the best for the community.

Again, thanks for both of you on all the hard work you put into this.
6th June 2012, 06:17 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 5

50 posts
More
Big thanks to you both. I have been running the Munjeni May 10 build for just a few days now but it is working great. I love how fast the GPS gets a lock (easily 20x faster than CM7.2).
6th June 2012, 07:54 PM   |  #9  

225 posts
what navigation software are you using. cause I'm still have trouble with getting a fast lock on some of them.
7th June 2012, 02:16 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 5

50 posts
More
Quote:

what navigation software are you using. cause I'm still have trouble with getting a fast lock on some of them.

Stock Android Maps and Navigation. However, the first time it did say I was a full 2 states away. Letting it settle for a day seemed to do the trick.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread