Originally Posted by erikkubica
we can take photos in 3.2 megapixel, so why we can not record video in this resolution or in 1megapixel resolution?
this 3 steps maybe can work
3 easy steps
- if reason is weak processor speed? overlock it
- if reason is low ram? extend it with microSD card and apply SD-Booster
- custom recording app with modified recording resolution. or only change /data/local.prop (but not work for most phones)
1: It is the weak processor. It's not the weak CPU though. Why do people think the CPU does the encoding? It is dedicated hardware inside the SoC which was designed to handle a specific resolution and bitrate. YOU CANNOT OVERCLOCK THIS OR INCREASE ITS SPECIFICATIONS WITHOUT LITERALLY REMAKING THE ENTIRE PROCESSOR
2: It's not low RAM.
3: It cannot be fixed with a custom recording application because it is a HARDWARE limitation, not software.
I have explained this countless times and people STILL request it as a feature or speculate how we can get around it. YOU CANNOT GET AROUND IT AT ALL. IT IS A LIMITATION OF THE PROCESSOR.IF YOU WANT HD RECORDING, GET A NEW PHONE.
Samsung Galaxy 3:
No ROM + Kernel 3.4.x Project
Google|Asus Nexus 7:
CyanogenMod 10.1 + CM10.1 Kernel
Sony Xperia Arc S:
FXP CyanogenMod 10 + CM10 Kernel
Ubuntu 12.10 + ODROID Ubuntu Kernel
Previous phones: Samsung Galaxy S2
Kyorarom (G3-F) (G3-ICS)
- G3MOD Kernel
- Kernel 3.4 Project for Galaxy 3
- Hybrid Data2SD - HD2SD v2 - Kernel 3.3.8 for Linksys WAG160N