Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,201 Members 52,493 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Defy near death or worse. Please help!

Tip us?

neo.ank
Old
Thanks Meter 516

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock1999 View Post
Hello again!

In the meantime, I flashed some 30 different SBFs, and at least I learned something:
when the bootloader verson is 6, I get stuck at Motorola Logo. I can enter bootloader mode, but not Stock Recovery.
When bootloader is below 6, RSD Lite doesn't get the Dey to reboot, but shows instant 100% PASS.
Okay, maybe this was to be expected, but I didn't realize how very similar sounding ROMs have very different bootloaders...

So: can anybody guide me on whether installing a BL7 ROM would repair my problem?
I read elsewhere, that my green lense definitely will not work. Is this true, or are there fixes? And if it's true: if I'm sure the rest will be working again, I'll take that. If I just rob myself of future chances, I'll pass.

And hints here?

Thanks in advance so much! One week without a phone is pure horror!
Clock
If you flash any of the defy+ roms, camera won't work..there isn't a fix or patch for that..

Doesn't matter from where I send it, what matters is written above
My friend told me,there was life outside the internet and that I should check it out.
I said "Cool.! Send me the link. !!"

Clock1999
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by corrinti View Post
If you haven't flashed BL7, then check this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...wngrade&page=2
Hi,

as I mentioned above, I already tried this ROM but it gives me the same result as all the others: stuck at bootlogo.

Maybe there is a special trick on which ROM I should flash before flashing this one?

corrinti
Old
Thanks Meter 233
Sorry, I do not know how to help. Just no idea now, try to dig the forum.

Once I had very similar problem - whatever I flashed I was stuck at bootlogo. And in my case I found out that just before flash my internal memory had been filled with some mess, which was not removed by any wipes (cache, dalvik cache, cache partition) and after any flash memory was too filled to start the system.
But finally I could flash Chinese eclair (CG5), which at last started horribly laggy, and I could wipe private data from a system - it gave me more than 1GB of internal memory back (from 40MB after all wipes and clean system install) and a way to flash whatever I wanted without a problem.

So even if it is also your problem, my way is not available to you now. Maybe you can find as small sbf file as possible and try then.
PLK on LG9 - and my reborn defy ; lovely atrix is gone

Clock1999
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I'm sorry, but I don't quite get, which ROM saved you, and why that is no option to me. Can you please clearify? Thanks a lot!

corrinti
Old
Thanks Meter 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock1999 View Post
I'm sorry, but I don't quite get, which ROM saved you, and why that is no option to me. Can you please clearify? Thanks a lot!
I could use CG5 full sbf which will not boot for you as you put BL6 and maybe BL7.
To boot from flashed sbf it cannot be lower BL version.
I suppose that now you have a memory problem - flashing sbf do not wipe the memory.
At first I would try getting into stock recovery (even several times, just pull battery out, wait a minute, power, vol -, battery in) - if successful then do a factory reset and reboot.

If not I would try to find out a smallest sbf with proper BL version - just to give it more chance to boot with small memory available, if not then again try to get into stock recovery.

Clock1999
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I'm the happiest guy around, as I finally revitalized my Defy.

For all you guys, who already tried everything: here's what worked for me.

Just let it rest a few days.

After I hadn't touched my phone for a couple of days, I thought about giving it one last try. So I flashed the Defy+ SBF (4th in this list: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/umts...nplus/list.php), like I've done multiple times before.
But this time, when rebooting, I wasn't stuck at the M-logo, but in a bootloop. And that gave me the smiles as I knew, that now I should be able to enter Stock Recovery again. From there on, it was no problem to get to a stable base again. After flashing the BL6 Froyo, I'm now on CM9 and everything is fine.

Thanks for all you help.
Sometimes, you just have to give it a rest...

Clock
The Following User Says Thank You to Clock1999 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

corrinti
Old
Thanks Meter 233
It is a next such case I see in moto forums ;) but it is really hard to give a tip: leave it for few days and check again

pjgowtham
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Use the sbf_flash for Linux

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2
Nokia n70
Motorola defy (Hard bricked) , Finally "Revived!"
Sony Xperia Z