Post Reply

[GUIDE] Downgrade G2 (2.3.X) & DZ (2.3.X) & mT4g (2.3.4) & DHD w/ S-ON to Stock Froyo

21st May 2012, 06:15 AM   |  #581  
NewCenturyAuto's Avatar
Member
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 15
 
80 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipqer

Try the fastboot downgrade method as per the first post in this thread.

-Nipqer

LOL Funny u say that!! I was just rushing back here to say that I tried that the fast boot method and it worked flawlessly! :=)

But any idea why the other way didn't work??!
21st May 2012, 08:57 AM   |  #582  
Nipqer's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 388
 
899 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
For some unknown reason, hboot occasionally refuses to find a PC10IMG on the sdcard.
Seeing as fastboot always works, there's no need to really bother trying to work out what the issue is with hboot not always working.

-Nipqer
21st May 2012, 09:11 AM   |  #583  
NewCenturyAuto's Avatar
Member
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 15
 
80 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipqer

For some unknown reason, hboot occasionally refuses to find a PC10IMG on the sdcard.
Seeing as fastboot always works, there's no need to really bother trying to work out what the issue is with hboot not always working.

-Nipqer

Agreed! Everything worked out! Rooted and new ROM flashed.. Love it!
24th May 2012, 04:09 AM   |  #584  
strawmetal's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 362
 
405 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
You could download the pdf again. I've added the fasboot downgrade method as well as rooting guide from xda wiki

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA
27th May 2012, 05:03 PM   |  #585  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
195 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
I just downgrade 2 phones with 2.3.4 to 2.2.1 and i have no problem at all ...just follow the steps and u will be fine ...thanks a lot for all ppl who put this together
1st June 2012, 06:56 AM   |  #586  
ckien6's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
95 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
need help bad. i tried everything step by step and its stuck at the white HTC logo with white triangles on each corner of the screen. am I in the ****s? please help asap. its my wife's cell. need to fix before she wakes up in 4 hours.
1st June 2012, 11:56 AM   |  #587  
Nipqer's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 388
 
899 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Thats what has been dubbed 'Weird RUU Mode'
You have to run 'fastboot oem boot' when its in that mode to get it to boot, then you have to run misc_version 0.4
Push it and chmod same way as misc_version 0.2 in this guide, but use " -r off " instead of the "-s 1.00.000.0" switch.
Then it should boot normally

-Nipqer
The Following User Says Thank You to Nipqer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st June 2012, 06:34 PM   |  #588  
ckien6's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
95 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipqer

Thats what has been dubbed 'Weird RUU Mode'
You have to run 'fastboot oem boot' when its in that mode to get it to boot, then you have to run misc_version 0.4
Push it and chmod same way as misc_version 0.2 in this guide, but use " -r off " instead of the "-s 1.00.000.0" switch.
Then it should boot normally

-Nipqer

got it to boot but touchscreen doesn't work so i can't get debugging to work. wife is already pissed off and not talking to me. first time i've ever had problem rooting or hacking an android device. been doing it since G1. any other suggestions is greatly appreciated.
2nd June 2012, 12:22 AM   |  #589  
Nipqer's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 388
 
899 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
try rebooting it, the few times I had touchscreen issues, rebooting it got it to work. Otherwise, if its a g2/dz, use the trackpad?
or you could try fastboot flashing a PC10IMG when its in that weird RUU mode

-Nipqer
2nd June 2012, 12:29 AM   |  #590  
ckien6's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
95 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipqer

try rebooting it, the few times I had touchscreen issues, rebooting it got it to work. Otherwise, if its a g2/dz, use the trackpad?
or you could try fastboot flashing a PC10IMG when its in that weird RUU mode

-Nipqer

so touchscreen is dead. i can't even slide to unlock. i reloaded and restore to stock several times using hboot and the touchscreen is non responsive. i really don't know what else to do. i've restarted it several times. any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
downgrade fastboot
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Threads in G2 and Desire Z Android Development by ThreadRank