How to change fonts in ics

27th May 2012, 03:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Long Island, NY
Thanks Meter: 258

607 posts
More
So we all know that font changers wont work in ics .

after LOTS of digging i found these two pages and they work ok.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1630784

then read

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/15077-how...alic-variants/

except its pain in the ass and sometimes i cant get my own font to work correctly from scratch

and here is a list of all the fonts

http://www.dafont.com/

My dilemma is
1- man its a painful procedure just to preview how they will look on my phone
2-i cant seem to build my own font in italic and bold correctly, i built morpheus which worked on inef deus 1.0 but no bold or italics

can any one guide me and show me where i can make this easier on ics

Update 1: Ok so i think i figured out how to just changed the regular font using any font from font installer aside from changing it completely successfully form the second forum link posted above. The bold and the italic and bold-italic is still the problem
here are my steps :
1- go to font installer
2-in preferences choose the select font option and choose ONLY roboto regular
3-install the font of your liking but DO NOT reboot phone yet
4-go to es explorer and make sure you have root enabled and go to system/fonts
5-choose all the roboto fonts and enable all permission
6-if you have go launcher like me go to preferences and select the regular roboto form system fonts
7-reboot
all the bold , italics will be the system font, every thing else will be your new font.
Last edited by jmichaels1982; 27th May 2012 at 05:47 PM. Reason: updates
The Following User Says Thank You to jmichaels1982 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2012, 04:14 PM   |  #2  
Flag SW Florida
Thanks Meter: 46

163 posts
More
i used font installer from the market and it worked for me, although certain fonts will cause your phone to bootloop, alot of them do work.
The Following User Says Thank You to hardfallen87 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2012, 05:22 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Long Island, NY

607 posts
More
utter failure
Yep font installer = boot loop and nandroid .

I even tried doing the roboto trick from the program its self then went to es explorer and changed permission to full which is essentially what i do manually if i get the font pack my self . still causes the system to hang and battery pull and hboot recovery is warranted.

on this forum someone mentioned only change roboto but ur fonts wont change. Do people no care that font can not be changed in ics ?
30th May 2012, 08:42 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 130

356 posts
More
I just wanted to add to this, I was having issues with changing fonts as well, hanging up at the boot animation, and I followed the directions from the OP, and surprisingly it worked after, booted up and fonts were changed. But I went a step further and changed all fonts in font changer after I rebooted for the first time and now italic, bold etc were all successful. I have an amaze, but hopefully it might work with other devices as well
The Following User Says Thank You to andy55 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st June 2012, 01:08 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Long Island, NY

607 posts
More
unfortunately
That resulted in a boot stuck , not even loop, on rezound. Luckily i Nandroid like a mofo
1st June 2012, 04:59 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 130

356 posts
More
you change all your permissions for all fonts that you changed? Worked with clockopia too for my default clock.
The Following User Says Thank You to andy55 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st June 2012, 11:00 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Long Island, NY

607 posts
More
no go
changed all the permissions , one by one , , still ended up stuck at HTC beats logo as usual .
1st June 2012, 11:18 PM   |  #8  
Flag Concord, NH
Thanks Meter: 50

714 posts
More
Is this issue across the board with ICS? Or is it ICS firmware? I am stock rooted, and I want to try clean rom 4.5 but stay on GB firmware. Will it work?
2nd June 2012, 12:03 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Long Island, NY

607 posts
More
Across
My feeling is that its across ICS. If you do google there are some rants about how font changers causes boot loops on phones with ics and some methods to change it .

I am still waiting on someone to come and tell me " ur a moron , here its how is its done "
2nd June 2012, 01:40 AM   |  #10  
Flag Concord, NH
Thanks Meter: 50

714 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichaels1982

My feeling is that its across ICS. If you do google there are some rants about how font changers causes boot loops on phones with ics and some methods to change it .

I am still waiting on someone to come and tell me " ur a moron , here its how is its done "

bummer....as dorky as it sounds, font installer is one of the reasons I rooted lol

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread