Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,680 Members 45,589 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

X2 issue and ???

Tip us?

6Flip9
Old
Thanks Meter 33
****@Reddish****

Try resetting ur super user

Go to app manager and clear data I found that to be my problem in the past and then turn off ur x2, not reset your phone. Than repower.

Hope it works.

What are you running?

Sent from MB870 W/ Cm7.2 Rc1 MASHUP V2
SUCESS I THINK YES...

king..kranium
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Dudes stuck @ red m. No way to reset superuser. Have to SBF.

Sent from my MB870 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

ashclepdia
Old
Thanks Meter 1521

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega360 View Post
SBF = wipe everything. This is like doing a total factory reset; it clears and re-writes almost every partition. Root access would be wiped out from it.
Not ENTIRELY true.
While flashing a sbf file using RSDlite, you are setting all the system and proprietary things back to completely stock. It will remove root access, and all that junk, along with all, the things that came from mods/tweaks/hacks/roms
BUT flashing sbf BY ITSELF alone will NOT wipe away ANY user data. You MUST data wipe from stock recovery to do that. This is why sometimes you boot loop,after sbf flash , and you need to data wipe to cure those boot loop blues, cuz sometimes there are things left over that you tweaked that didn't get wiped out after flashing the sbf, but they get removed from a data wipe from stock Android recovery.

To sum up:
For a TRUE OUT OF BOX FACTORY CONDITION(i.e. You just bought and opened the box) MUST flash sbf file using RSDlite with a computer. AND THEN after that, you wipe data/cache from stock Android recovery.

I'm willing to bet that would have also fixed you issues with not being able to boot past Motorola screen as well. Cant hurt to get a new one, but if you can compare them to see which is in better working order, then it couldn't hurt to do.
Either way, if youre going to send it in, and want to erase traces of root and such, then you need to do more than just data wipe. You NEED to sbf AND data wipe.

From my nexus tappin the talk
<edit post successful>
Off topic gone??? Mods got you down??? Visit motcher41's
Google+ Droid Friends & General Help Community
Anyone and virtually anything welcome there!
My GALAXY NEXUS(huzzah!) is running

Don't get left in the dark!
The Following User Says Thank You to ashclepdia For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Omega360
Old
Thanks Meter 29
That's why I said ALMOST every partition
Nexus 7 (2012) 16GB (rooted + unlocked 4.4.2... mmm KitKat)
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 - 4.4.2 stock

"Look pal, I'm an engineer.That means I solve problems. Not problems like: what is beauty? Because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of Philosophy. I solve practical problems!" ~ Dell C.

6Flip9
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Just do recovery...

Pull your battery/replace
And plug it in... to the wall that is

Screw an sbf

Sent from MB870 W/ Cm7.2 Rc1 MASHUP V2
SUCESS I THINK YES...

Specter597
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Default Modem Did Not Power Up (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashclepdia View Post
I'm willing to bet that would have also fixed you issues with not being able to boot past Motorola screen as well. Cant hurt to get a new one, but if you can compare them to see which is in better working order, then it couldn't hurt to do.
Either way, if youre going to send it in, and want to erase traces of root and such, then you need to do more than just data wipe. You NEED to sbf AND data wipe.
<edit post successful>
This is absolutely true. The error "Modem did not power up (2)" is something that I have been dealing with as well. I'd love to work with someone to figure out the problem, but it is probably not hardware. I encountered this error for the first time 2 weeks after installing Eclipse 2.2.1. I solved it by SBF to Stock. Once I had re-installed a stock ROM the error went away and the phone operated normally. I just had this error pop up again almost exactly 2 weeks after installing CM7 RC1. When I get home I'm going to SBF to stock and hopefully that will correct the issue (again). I tried clearing my cache and then clearing my data through stock recovery, but that won't correct the error - and unfortunately the error happens before BSR boots so I can't Nandroid back to a healthy setup and see where the problem is. Both times I lost signal on the phone, re-booted, and then got stuck at the Red M with the Modem error.

I'm going to try to load CM7 again, but it's pretty awful to have this happen at work and suddenly be without a functional phone. (Maybe I have to install RSD Lite on my work computer ...)

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated but I can tell you that ashclepdia is right, it is probably not a hardware problem. It seems to be a problem with rooting/flashing on certain handset builds.