Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 44,843 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[08 April 2012] [CMR] Team Blue Droid V3.7 Sensation XL Gen3 EU & Tmobile SonyXloud

Tip us?

mentalityx
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.odell.2011 View Post
I also boys

Maybe there is some CPU scaling issues which need to be addressed, seems like the phone lowers down CPU to save power and has some trouble getting it up

Good old scaling
Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaPer View Post
There was a discussion earlier in this thread about not setting OC lower than 384 mHz. Some theory on processor not beiing able to speed up fast enough from 245 mHz (lag in start screen).

My OC settings with SetCPU is 1152 high and 384 mHz low (SmartassV2). Not any visible lag on unlock-screen as far as I can see. These settings is giving me a decent battery life (see earlier posts a few pages back).
Yes that is very correct about the scaling. Do not lower it to 245mHz. That is for any kernel. I keep mine at 480mhz at the lowest.
1-Luv
Primary: AT&T HTC One X
ROM: ViperXL 4.2.0
Hboot 1.15
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0
S-Off
Kernel: Beastmod 3.5

The Following User Says Thank You to mentalityx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

plantechbartyn
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalityx View Post
Yes that is very correct about the scaling. Do not lower it to 245mHz. That is for any kernel. I keep mine at 480mhz at the lowest.
Thanks mentalityx, adjusted mine to 384mhz and all seems well

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using XDA

Sneakyghost
Old
Thanks Meter 6759

DONATE TO ME
Info:
Default scaling on HD2 with WinMo 6.5 was from 512 to 998 MHz.

anything lower than 512 can be considered "not native" to the phone, so issues are much more possible than within the specified range. anything below 512 is actually underclocking. So don't expect miracles from it.

For all Kernels i tried with my HD2's, 384 was the lowest possible speed. Anything below that would cause wake-up lags. On some ROM and/or kernel-editions i could safely go down to 245 but most versions didn't do it.

alex.odell.2011
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by plantechbartyn View Post
Thanks for being my first ;). yes I saw the blackout team thing, would be nice however it has a Long way to go and there seems to be some rather large issues to overcome, I kinda need my phone to have sound!

Btw, do you have a bit of lag on the lock ring with the patcha kernel?, mine has a maybe 1 to 2second lag out of sleep, wasnt there with the marc kernel, no big deal.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using XDA
Quote:
So in a nutshell, try raise your min to say 422Mhz and you should be good

---------- Post added 28th May 2012 at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was 27th May 2012 at 11:09 PM ----------

@mentalityx

Thanks man

I now have HTC ONE X+ THE best phone on the market - GO o2 YES!

The Following User Says Thank You to alex.odell.2011 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sandymac
Old
Thanks Meter 391
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakyghost View Post
Info:
Default scaling on HD2 with WinMo 6.5 was from 512 to 998 MHz.

anything lower than 512 can be considered "not native" to the phone, so issues are much more possible than within the specified range. anything below 512 is actually underclocking. So don't expect miracles from it.

For all Kernels i tried with my HD2's, 384 was the lowest possible speed. Anything below that would cause wake-up lags. On some ROM and/or kernel-editions i could safely go down to 245 but most versions didn't do it.
Quote:
So in a nutshell, try raise your min to say 422Mhz and you should be good

---------- Post added 28th May 2012 at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was 27th May 2012 at 11:09 PM ----------

@mentalityx

Thanks man
If only the issue was that simple! The success of under/overclocking is totally dependent upon the individual device and the quality of the components. I have always had mine set at 245Mz without an issue. If anyone is experiencing problems then they must try different settings to determine what is best for their device. Recommendations will not always work, hence the fact that we continue to see posts from people stating what the best setting should be. If in doubt, don't use a governor and just leave the phone with default settings.
Sony Xperia SP C5303
Android 4.3
Build No: 12.1.A.1.205

Locked Bootloader with CWM and Root

Samsung 32Gb Class 10 SD Card

If I have helped then please hit the Thanks button
The Following User Says Thank You to sandymac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alex.odell.2011
Old
(Last edited by alex.odell.2011; 28th May 2012 at 04:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandymac View Post
If only the issue was that simple! The success of under/overclocking is totally dependent upon the individual device and the quality of the components. I have always had mine set at 245Mz without an issue. If anyone is experiencing problems then they must try different settings to determine what is best for their device. Recommendations will not always work, hence the fact that we continue to see posts from people stating what the best setting should be. If in doubt, don't use a governor and just leave the phone with default settings.
I agree mate, my HD2 sits on 1.5GHz on Performance governor and it runs as smooth as tomato soup!

Others say a little OC of 1.2 causes lag, heat and freezes,

My phone gets warm after use but the HD2 is always a mini radiator!

So it is all personal experiance.

It does however amaze me why a mass produced product, CPU all identical can be so very different ?!?

sandymac
Old
Thanks Meter 391
Quote:
I agree mate, my HD2 sits on 1.5GHz on Performance governor and it runs as smooth as tomato soup!

Others say a little OC of 1.2 causes lag, heat and freezes,

My phone gets warm after use but the HD2 is always a mini radiator!

So it is all personal experiance.

It does however amaze me why a mass produced product, CPU all identical can be so very different ?!?
As I said, it is all to do with the components. Each component has a +/- operating range (temp, frequency etc) and as such can vary slightly from device to device and build to build. The age of the phone will also play a part in this as the operating range will potentially increase over time (stress).
Sony Xperia SP C5303
Android 4.3
Build No: 12.1.A.1.205

Locked Bootloader with CWM and Root

Samsung 32Gb Class 10 SD Card

If I have helped then please hit the Thanks button

Kameirus
Old
Thanks Meter 2134

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
That is a shame, was going to suggest this :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1658936

lmao i wouldnt recommend that rom to my dog
its just a typical another ohh lookie what i got booted but nothing works
get a couple hundred thanks for it..then leave it alone ..just like all his other hd2 roms
Current Phones
AT&T LG G2///06/28/2014[LG G2 D800● KK 4.4.4][SOKP》》SONIC OPEN KANG PROJECT][AIO][Weekly Builds]
AT&T Pantech Flex///

Tablet
Nexus 7 (2012) 32gb///06/26/2014[ROM] [4.4.4] [OFFICIAL] LiquidSmooth v3.1 Beta - Grouper

Retired Phones for modding or get rid of
2 HTC HD2s
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 Active/sold

alex.odell.2011
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameirus View Post
get a couple hundred thanks for it..then leave it alone ..just like all his other hd2 roms
Haha is at moment

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium

mentalityx
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameirus View Post
Lol good one Kam. Your right about that.
1-Luv
Primary: AT&T HTC One X
ROM: ViperXL 4.2.0
Hboot 1.15
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0
S-Off
Kernel: Beastmod 3.5

The Following User Says Thank You to mentalityx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
htc stock input ready including chinese t, the no 1 sensation xl rom, very very good rom, waiting for tmous