Originally Posted by totolita
That's it, I couldn't paste the file using root explorer. What should I do now? And thanks for the help!
Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
There are several method to flash back the KD 2.0.
1. flash the cf rooted kernel ZSLPF though PC-Odin to get back the root & cwm recovery,
you will have the yellow triangle after this
2. flash the latest DAFUQ via clockworkmod (or can just flash the zImage under Mobile Odin)
3. install triangleaway and run to remove the yellow triangle
4. go into clockworkmod, flash the abyssnote kernel 4.2 gingerbread kernel
5. advance -> reboot recovery
6. wipe data / factory reset
7. wipe cache
8. advance > wipe dalvik cache
9. mounts and storage
10. format /system (I suspect insufficient storage is the main reason of losing full root)
11. install KingDroid 2.0
12. reboot system now
13. after system has stable down go into clockworkmod recovery again
14. flash the KingDroid S3 Mod
1. Flash a rooted stock gingerbread (rooted but without cwm recovery)
2. Install Mobile Odin and flash the "zImage" extracted from AbyssNote Kernel 4.2 CWTouch or Redpill Touch Gingerbread kernel, you can search the forum on how to use Mobile Odin to flash zImage if not sure.
3. You are now in Gingerbread with the AbyssNote Kernel just go into clockworkmod recovery and follows the step 6 to 14 of Method 1 to flash to KingDroid 2.0 + S3 Mod
1. Install a stock non-rooted official ICS firmware
2. Use the method as illustrated here
to root your official ICS firmware.
** I myself have not tried to flash the AbyssNote or Franco r3, or the SpeedMod K3-3 using the temp CWM, you may want to try and let me know
3. Using the temp CWM method, instead of choosing the SU-busybox installer, select the AbyssNote Kernel 4.2 zip file and flash.
4. Advance > Reboot Recovery
5. follows the step 6 to 14 of Method 1 to flash to KingDroid 2.0 + S3 Mod
If you've read through all the thread thorough enough, you can think of a few more variants of how to flash from GB to ICS, ICS to ICS etc, at this moment, it is not yet confirm safe to full wipe in TouchWiz based ICS kernel, be it Franco or SpeedMod, so never wipe when in ICS kernel, unless you're brave enough to try. Just take note of the following when doing any flashing:
- Any flashing (be it GB or ICS) can be last one if don't follow the steps closely.
- Only perform wipe in AbyssNote Kernel 4.2
- Use only original Samsung USB cable when flashing though PC Odin
- Use direct USB connection, don't go through a USB Hub
- Use a better grade micro sd card, if you experience random disconnection copying even just a few hundreds Mb size of file from PC to your sd card, don't use it for your CWM flashing.
If you're not clear of anything of the above, please feel free to ask.
---------- Post added at 03:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 AM ----------
Originally Posted by totolita
I can reboot in cmw, but again the installation stops at installing package....
Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
I don't think you can flash anything in CWM with partial root, or else your installation of the s3 mod won't have failed.