Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,710 Members 44,258 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REQ] ICS for LG Thrill/O3D

Tip us?

Evanizer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [REQ] ICS for LG Thrill/O3D

I know this is asking a lot, but I thought I'd just request it and throw it out there. I'm not a proffessional developer or anything that's for sure, but I don't think it should be that hard to port ICS to the Thrill/O3D. The only reason it's not out already is because literally nobody has been working on it, and it's a little upsetting to me. And to be honest, I could care less if the 3D capibilities worked on the ROM or not. ICS for LG Nitro has been released on XDA I believe, I've seen a video of it. Wouldn't it be easy just to port that release onto the Thrill instead of starting from scratch and creating ICS for the Thrill? Plus, I love the new UI LG has came up with for it's ICS phones, and I believe that UI is included for the released update for the Nitro. I don't know, I'm just throwing this out there since nobody seems interested in it anymore, maybe I can get some developers out there working on it? It'd be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.

lazylu
Old
Thanks Meter 27
That would be cool I would like to see this

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA

cmarriner82
Old
Thanks Meter 25
I think they have to wait until the ICS source gets leaked or ICS official update for the LG Optimus 3D comes out.

Would be nice though.

kideskimo
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarriner82 View Post
I think they have to wait until the ICS source gets leaked or ICS official update for the LG Optimus 3D comes out.

Would be nice though.
Theres always a way, just not enough developers on this forum.
Contributions:
If I helped you in any way shape or form, please hit the Thanks button!

idriff
Old
Thanks Meter 21
well i just did a little research last night and found out that the only device (from like 7 phones) that has our chipset cpu/gpu and is running ICS is the samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0
and lg is suposed 2 release ics for o3d on 3Q this year... so lets wait?

BigCiX
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Looks like the LG Spectrum is close to getting ICS. At least LG is trying to update something here in the U.S. at a respectable time:

http://phandroid.com/2012/05/28/ice-...ling-out-soon/

Shukri211
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Maybe the O3D doesn't have enough hardware to run ICS. And I used a ported Prada rom before, it really was built on O3D's v21d, just the framework of Prada. In short a developer can only insert mods and packages on our (built for O3D) roms, you even have to flash LG's compatible baseband to get a custom rom running properly

And I do believe the 3DMax was built to run ICS instead of our O3D, it's probably the only purpose

islandskater43
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Guys , do we have any updates on this thread?? I'm dying to upgrade android on my LG Thrill.

P.S. I have spent some time to find something.
Unfortunately couldn't find ANYTHING

Big Thanks in advance

da44050
Old
Thanks Meter 15
ICS was ported a few weeks ago. It is compatible with your Thrill.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1956347

Sent from my LG-P925 (ICS) using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to da44050 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

islandskater43
Old
(Last edited by islandskater43; 20th November 2012 at 04:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default LG Thrill

@da44050 So by your post signature, I assume you have applied the same updates to your Thrill (P925) as well? Thanks for the info btw!! Looks like i have my reading cut out for me.