[REQ] ICS for LG Thrill/O3D

Search This thread

Evanizer

Apr 28, 2012
I know this is asking a lot, but I thought I'd just request it and throw it out there. I'm not a proffessional developer or anything that's for sure, but I don't think it should be that hard to port ICS to the Thrill/O3D. The only reason it's not out already is because literally nobody has been working on it, and it's a little upsetting to me. And to be honest, I could care less if the 3D capibilities worked on the ROM or not. ICS for LG Nitro has been released on XDA I believe, I've seen a video of it. Wouldn't it be easy just to port that release onto the Thrill instead of starting from scratch and creating ICS for the Thrill? Plus, I love the new UI LG has came up with for it's ICS phones, and I believe that UI is included for the released update for the Nitro. I don't know, I'm just throwing this out there since nobody seems interested in it anymore, maybe I can get some developers out there working on it? It'd be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.

lazylu

Nov 17, 2010
That would be cool I would like to see this

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA

cmarriner82

Apr 10, 2011
Ayer, MA
I think they have to wait until the ICS source gets leaked or ICS official update for the LG Optimus 3D comes out. :(

Would be nice though.

idriff

Mar 26, 2012
well i just did a little research last night and found out that the only device (from like 7 phones) that has our chipset cpu/gpu and is running ICS is the samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0
and lg is suposed 2 release ics for o3d on 3Q this year... so lets wait?

Shukri211

Jul 8, 2012
Maybe the O3D doesn't have enough hardware to run ICS. And I used a ported Prada rom before, it really was built on O3D's v21d, just the framework of Prada. In short a developer can only insert mods and packages on our (built for O3D) roms, you even have to flash LG's compatible baseband to get a custom rom running properly

And I do believe the 3DMax was built to run ICS instead of our O3D, it's probably the only purpose

islandskater43

Aug 14, 2012
Hartford, CT
Guys , do we have any updates on this thread?? I'm dying to upgrade android on my LG Thrill.

P.S. I have spent some time to find something.
Unfortunately couldn't find ANYTHING

Big Thanks in advance

islandskater43

Aug 14, 2012
Hartford, CT
LG Thrill

@da44050 So by your post signature, I assume you have applied the same updates to your Thrill (P925) as well? Thanks for the info btw!! :) Looks like i have my reading cut out for me.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts