OP Poursinet

25th May 2012, 04:45 PM   |  #91  
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 858

1,332 posts
More
where are you located?

What type of SIM are you using?

Have you tried setting it to WCDMA Preferred in the Phone Info menu?

My D4 is on the ICS leak now, but when it was on 219 stock, using this edit allowed it to show the global network options with my T Mobile SIM inserted despite the fact that I could not get any service because of the US GSM carrier lock. I can also select the T Mobile APN and it sticks, but still no service.

If you are trying this with an ATT or T Mobile SIM in the US it will not work.
25th May 2012, 06:50 PM   |  #92  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 117

1,091 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellzealot

where are you located?

What type of SIM are you using?

Have you tried setting it to WCDMA Preferred in the Phone Info menu?

My D4 is on the ICS leak now, but when it was on 219 stock, using this edit allowed it to show the global network options with my T Mobile SIM inserted despite the fact that I could not get any service because of the US GSM carrier lock. I can also select the T Mobile APN and it sticks, but still no service.

If you are trying this with an ATT or T Mobile SIM in the US it will not work.

I am in the US and trying out a german SIM card. Where should I look to find the global network options? I don't see them? I am kinda lost. If somebody can guide me through this I'd greatly appreciate it.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by GermanGuy; 25th May 2012 at 08:15 PM.
25th May 2012, 10:46 PM   |  #93  
Flag Minneapolis

1,091 posts
More
Bump.

Need some help please.
I have tried both a foreign SIM as well as an AT&T SIM. I get the message "SIM from an unknown source". What is the next step? In settings, wireless networks, mobile networks, I see only 2 options: 1. CDMA/LTE 2. CDMA only.
If I go into Network app (from the market) and select GSM Auto, I get new options to select an operator in settings. However, after searching for an operator it never finds a network. This is with both the At&t SIM card as well as a german SIM card.
26th May 2012, 04:22 AM   |  #94  
Flag Philadelphia, PA

1,332 posts
More
That message always comes up and can be ignored.

Use AnyCut from the Play Store to set shortcuts to Phone Info and Programming menu as they may help you debug this problem, but it is not going to work in the US until and if we are successful defeating the lock.

The Phone Info menu is where you can set the radio modes and force WCDMA preferred from the drop menu. The Programing Menu will also give you access to many low level settings as well.

You are going to have to play around and find out what works for you.
There are many variables in the user reports on the devices which are using this exploit, so there is not a fully established method.
The Following User Says Thank You to cellzealot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2012, 09:24 AM   |  #95  
Recognized Developer
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 254

810 posts
Donate to Me
More
You're not going to get any success at all while you're in the US.

Also, as I already posted earlier in this thread, the phone seems to disallow any form of roaming. My Irish SIM is working OK here in Ireland, but it disconnects when I go out of the home network area - it doesn't connect to any roaming networks. (It roams fine in my TouchPro2.) It likewise would not connect while I was in the US (but in my TP2 it connected to AT&T roaming just fine).
The Following User Says Thank You to highlandsun For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2012, 01:55 PM   |  #96  
Flag Minneapolis

1,091 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandsun

You're not going to get any success at all while you're in the US.

Also, as I already posted earlier in this thread, the phone seems to disallow any form of roaming. My Irish SIM is working OK here in Ireland, but it disconnects when I go out of the home network area - it doesn't connect to any roaming networks. (It roams fine in my TouchPro2.) It likewise would not connect while I was in the US (but in my TP2 it connected to AT&T roaming just fine).

Ok. Thanks. I hope Verizon will implement the roaming feature (at least outside the US) once the global features become official. I tend to travel a bit and it would be silly to have to get different SIM cards for different countries especially when you travel in Europe.
27th May 2012, 08:02 PM   |  #97  
Thanks Meter: 406

1,445 posts
Donate to Me
More
We need to get a thread stickied with a step by step tutorial of how to do this hack pronto. Can't wait to try this out on AT&T in the US
28th May 2012, 05:43 AM   |  #98  
Flag Philadelphia, PA

1,332 posts
More
If you read the thread you will see as has been repeated many times already, including twice on this page alone: THIS DOES NOT WORK ON US GSM CARRIERS!

I have been trying to figure out why that is and how it can be enabled, if at all possible,
but that is why there is not a stickied thread with method and instructions because it is not successful yet, ok?
The Following User Says Thank You to cellzealot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th May 2012, 06:39 AM   |  #99  
Thanks Meter: 406

1,445 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellzealot

If you read the thread you will see as has been repeated many times already, including twice on this page alone: THIS DOES NOT WORK ON US GSM CARRIERS!

I have been trying to figure out why that is and how it can be enabled, if at all possible,
but that is why there is not a stickied thread with method and instructions because it is not successful yet, ok?

sorry, didn't read through the thread... last post I read a while back told me I could
28th May 2012, 03:44 PM   |  #100  
Flag Gomel
Thanks Meter: 3

52 posts
More
On the Droid forums people saying that the latest (206) ICS leak has enabled Global mode. We need just insert the SIM and it will ask to turn Global Mode on.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread