Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,659 Members 43,940 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROMS] Acer OTA ICS roms/STOCK & DEODEXED versions -FULL-ROOT(7-Jul-2012) civato

Tip us?

civato
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 14901

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by parker09 View Post
Just wanted to ask if anyone else is having problem with their WiFi, I haven't been able to connect as of yet,I swipe it to the ON position and about a second later it goes to the offer position and it won't let me 'SCAN' or 'ADD NETWORK'.

Probably a problem on my end but just can't seem to get this working.
clean install , full wipe , format.

audiokaos
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by parker09 View Post
Just wanted to ask if anyone else is having problem with their WiFi, I haven't been able to connect as of yet,I swipe it to the ON position and about a second later it goes to the offer position and it won't let me 'SCAN' or 'ADD NETWORK'.

Probably a problem on my end but just can't seem to get this working.
I had that initial problem- I then went & re-read the thread, where I discovered that you need to install much like an android phone-

sys reset/format
format cache
clear davlic
install rom
fix permissions.

All works great on mine now.

nolanta
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by civato View Post
No , you need to be on ICS bootloader for this.
You seem to know what your'e talking about in here. Can you tell me, definitely, how to get back to a stock Acer ROM that will put me back on the 'receive' OTA update path?

I've gone back to 3.0.1 unrooted, no updates, someone said flashing the rom in this thread will accomplish the same thing by getting me to a stock acer ICS room, but you imply that that guy won't get OTA's - is it because of his device or something inherent in this ROM?

I am trying to get to a place where I can sell the tablet and be able to honestly tell a buyer it's stock and supportable by Acer.

Thanks.

civato
Old
Thanks Meter 14901

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanta View Post
You seem to know what your'e talking about in here. Can you tell me, definitely, how to get back to a stock Acer ROM that will put me back on the 'receive' OTA update path?

I've gone back to 3.0.1 unrooted, no updates, someone said flashing the rom in this thread will accomplish the same thing by getting me to a stock acer ICS room, but you imply that that guy won't get OTA's - is it because of his device or something inherent in this ROM?

I am trying to get to a place where I can sell the tablet and be able to honestly tell a buyer it's stock and supportable by Acer.

Thanks.
Take a look in the guide thread , top of the thread or take a look at afterota thread in dev section.

ignitros
Old
(Last edited by ignitros; 2nd June 2012 at 05:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Just finished wiping everything and installing your stock rooted rom Acer_AV041_A500_1.033.00_PA_CUS1-FOOL-ROOT and I'm stuck at the ACER splash or boot screen. I was running the thor CMW and taboonay ICS rom previously. Is there something I'm missing? Is that Taboonay ROM running the HC bootloader?

civato
Old
Thanks Meter 14901

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignitros View Post
Just finished wiping everything and installing your stock rooted rom Acer_AV041_A500_1.033.00_PA_CUS1-FOOL-ROOT and I'm stuck at the ACER splash or boot screen. I was running the thor CMW and taboonay ICS rom previously. Is there something I'm missing? Is that Taboonay ROM running the HC bootloader?
The rom doesn't run a bootloader , that is your tablet , read the thread again m8.
If YOU are on HTC bootloader you need to flash the kernel for HC bootloader users.
And please don't complain about screen boot glitches , that is because you don't upgrade to ICS bootloader.
If you are running ICS bootloader and install the rom you don't need to do anything else.

blackthund3r
Old
Thanks Meter 416

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanta View Post

Thanks.
At stock HC you can flash in recovery /any/ stock Acer ROM (ie any stock Acer ICS).

If you can't access the ICS update OTA install the Acer Update Enhancement APK (either from the Play Store or from the Acer Website drivers & downloads section for this tablet).
If I helped you, feel free to hit thanks - it makes me happy!

For A500 hacking FAQs, Glossary & Download links: http://acerhacks.com

All APX bundles: use repo http://acerhacks.com
SBK GENERATOR: http://acerhacks.com/sbkcalc
All stock Acer firmware files: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=29820890
-------------
Acer Iconia A500 running Jelly Bean // Skrilax BL v8 // CM recovery 1.8.1
Nexus 4 16GB // CM11 (4.4) Nightlies
The Following User Says Thank You to blackthund3r For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ignitros
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by civato View Post
The rom doesn't run a bootloader , that is your tablet , read the thread again m8.
If YOU are on HTC bootloader you need to flash the kernel for HC bootloader users.
And please don't complain about screen boot glitches , that is because you don't upgrade to ICS bootloader.
If you are running ICS bootloader and install the rom you don't need to do anything else.
I think you might have misunderstood my question. I wasn't complaining about your ROM... merely stating my problem and asking if anyone had an idea as to what I may have done wrong. After some more reading it looks like I was still on an ICS ROM that was using the HC bootloader. I have since installed your FlexReaper ROM and I have the Tab up and running again. I now know that I will need to update to an ICS bootloader and should be able to install the stock ICS ROM again. Thank you to all that helped me figure it out.

civato
Old
Thanks Meter 14901

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignitros View Post
I think you might have misunderstood my question. I wasn't complaining about your ROM... merely stating my problem and asking if anyone had an idea as to what I may have done wrong. After some more reading it looks like I was still on an ICS ROM that was using the HC bootloader. I have since installed your FlexReaper ROM and I have the Tab up and running again. I now know that I will need to update to an ICS bootloader and should be able to install the stock ICS ROM again. Thank you to all that helped me figure it out.
OK , just a reminder these roms posted in this thread are not my roms but full stock Acer rom , just the root is not stock. And I removed the bootloader and recovery.

duryard
Old
(Last edited by duryard; 2nd June 2012 at 05:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 208

DONATE TO ME
@civato (my fav dev for a500)

If I flash one of these (the.41 I think) then flash the correct bootloader will I be able to flash your latest over the top (and there by not have to run your "chicken s***t) I have tried to run it but it does not work for me as the pc does not see the tab in apx mode (All the tools do tho) will installing the bootloader with this rom permanly upgrade my bootloader so as I can enjoy your latest creation to its fullest. ???
LG Nexus 5
"L Kat" - Beautiful White Stock KitKat with a Android "L" Feel (Rooted)

ASUS Nexus 7 2013
CleanROM 3.5 -★★★★★ by scrosler