5,595,918 Members 30,872 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No ICS for Sony Ericsson Xperia Play. Boycott Sony

Tip us?

LordBattleBeard
Old
(Last edited by LordBattleBeard; 28th May 2012 at 05:26 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 154
Arrow No ICS for Sony Ericsson Xperia Play. Boycott Sony

Code:
http://www.facebook.com/sonymakeforget
This page is for people disappointed by S/Fonys (formerly Sony Ericsson) decision to pull the Xperia Play from the ICS update list, several months after committing to it.
For those Xperia Play users our there, make sure Sony knows you won't forget this and won't just be walked over.

Join the boycott. #SONYmakeforget
The Following User Says Thank You to LordBattleBeard For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

romcio47
Old
(Last edited by romcio47; 28th May 2012 at 07:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 222

DONATE TO ME
Phone history:

Sagem MY-X1, stolen > Nokia 3310, still alive! > Nokia 3510i, still alive! > SE k750i, joystick fell off but still alive! > SE p990i, still alive! > SE Xperia X8 - awesome phone! Given to my brother > SE Xperia PLAY, given to my girlfriend > Sony Xperia T:

Stock 4.3 powered by Advanced Stock Kernel.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to romcio47 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lightningdude
Old
Thanks Meter 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBattleBeard View Post
Join the boycott. #SONYmakeforget
Umm, it's a little late for that. They got your money for the Xperia Play, and since there are few enough of us Play users, our boycott will not many any bit of a difference to Sony.

LordBattleBeard
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by romcio47 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningdude View Post
Umm, it's a little late for that. They got your money for the Xperia Play, and since there are few enough of us Play users, our boycott will not many any bit of a difference to Sony.
Just because they already got our money for the Xperia Play doesn't mean we can't deny them any future custom.
If its a choice out of doing something but failing or doing nothing and being a doormat, I choose the former. Each to their own.

metcard
Old
Thanks Meter 40
I'll be getting the Hayabusa.

Leraeniesh
Old
Thanks Meter 918

DONATE TO ME
Its threads like these that are making me loose faith in most of the Xplay community.
Current Devices:
VZW HTC One M7 - S-OFF - CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies - Elite Lunar Kernel
AT&T Galaxy S2 i777 - Rooted - CyanogenMod 11
Nexus 7 - Unlocked - CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies
Older Devices:
Droid Razr M XT907 - Unlocked - CyanogenMod 11
Xperia Play R800x - Unlocked - Xperia NXT Gaming - DooMKernel
Kindle Fire - Rooted - Cyanogenmod 11 with SGT7 framework
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Leraeniesh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LordBattleBeard
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leraeniesh View Post
Its threads like these that are making me loose faith in most of the Xplay community.
Its posts like these that help me understand why companies get away with half of the antics they currently get away with. Damn fanboys
The Following User Says Thank You to LordBattleBeard For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mustbepbs
Old
Thanks Meter 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBattleBeard View Post
Its posts like these that help me understand why companies get away with half of the antics they currently get away with. Damn fanboys
What's with this sense of entitlement? You bought a product. You didn't sign a contract. Sony can make any call they want. As much as you don't like it, Sony did it to help xperia users. You'd probably want to boycott Sony if they released ICS and it was worse than gingerbread. Just cut the crap with these stupid threads.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mustbepbs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LordBattleBeard
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 154
I bought the xplay on the commitment given by sony that the phone would see the ICS update. Sure, no contract but definitely covered under consumer law here in the UK.
As much as you don't like it, not everyone believes every word Sony says as if its holy scripture. Nor does everyone believe that they put enough effort into fulfilling their commitment to update the device.
To answer your last comment; no.

Miles Wolf
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Boycott???

Please, grow up.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miles Wolf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe