[Kernel][GB][OC/UV][HDMI-MHL] !NEW! Synthesis Kernels <2013-04-30>, plus Infusion-Z

26th May 2012, 04:20 PM   |  #151  
Flag Reading, PA
Thanks Meter: 45

542 posts
More
What's the issue with GPS, is there a issue with the kernel?

Sent from my Emancipated Haxsung Infuse shot up with Adrenaline
26th May 2012, 05:48 PM   |  #152  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
USA
Thanks Meter: 4,521

3,201 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopdaclown

What's the issue with GPS, is there a issue with the kernel?

Sent from my Emancipated Haxsung Infuse shot up with Adrenaline

There isn't. It is not a kernel issue. Zen is just being a nice guy
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to qkster For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2012, 06:46 PM   |  #153  
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 803

599 posts
Donate to Me
+10
GPS - Global Problem System
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xDa.Fun For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2012, 08:29 PM   |  #154  
OP Recognized Contributor
Haddonfield, IL
Thanks Meter: 3,262

1,260 posts
Donate to Me
You guys are too kind....

Because I'm all about the data, I took both my Infuses for a test drive this morning. This includes my primary phone, currently running a debloated and lightly tweaked deodexed UCLB3 (started as dman's base config found on ISET, see link in my sig, for those playing along at home) The other phone is my test phone, no service plan - no data or voice, and a somewhat finicky/hard to get a lock GPS radio. Test phone is running a beta version of Vagabond. Both are running the current Zen-A16 kernel.

I used FasterFix to set my region to North America, where I'm located. I turned off all localization services except for GPS. I tested both phones with GPS Test by Chartcross - a nice app that tells you which satellites your phone sees and associated signal strength. I did have some difficulties getting an initial lock on both phones (I intentionally turned on the radios while indoors to get a worst cast scenario) but after that had no problems on my primary phone with a variety of GPS enabled apps while turning GPS radio on and off, rebooting phone, reflashing the kernel, driving in all directions. Test phone continued to report location coordinates that matched what the other phone was seeing (and the third hand held GPS I had in the car as a "control" for the test).

As a next step, I'll try Legend ICS since @cmeyal reported the problem while running that rom (and also because ICS is the closest thing to Tick blue in the current palette of Infuse rom themes )... I will not be testing Galaxian as that is a port and I won't be changing the kernel to work with lib files, etc from other phones.

In general, this kernel is intended for UCLB3 and UCKL2 based ROMs. If you attempt using it on any other ROM it may work, or it may not, or something in between. (That includes ROMs with blended lib files that are only partially UCLB3 or UCKL2). I'll also note that the kernel is based on the Roger's (Canada) source code released last summer. That said, even if there are localization settings in the kernel source I can't see how that would affect a GPS radio (kinda defeats the whole "global" aspect of the system...).

Stay tuned....

Edit: Just finished field testing for the day with Legend ICS (nice ROM, btw) ---> Had a (GPS) lock before I was halfway down the block. @cmeyal - I can't reproduce the problem you reported. It may be that you'll need to set your max CPU lower when using GPS (not a bad idea in general as you may want to save battery). If you want to test further, I'd suggest starting with a complete wipe, then flash stock UCLB3 and Entropy's kernel (see ISET link in my sig for these). If the problem happens there, you could try the stock kernel (available in dman's UCLB3 link), but you will lose red recovery. Since it was working for you on my kernel at 1200, you could try flashing that on top of UCLB3 and see if it still misbehaves at 1600. If the problem reoccurs, you're back to the first option - step down your max CPU setting...
Last edited by Zen Arcade; 26th May 2012 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Legend ICS Testing Results
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Zen Arcade For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2012, 06:17 AM   |  #155  
Flag Boise, ID
Thanks Meter: 500

727 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks Zen. Core A works flawlessly on Legend. Great work!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tamelion1117 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2012, 07:22 PM   |  #156  
Thanks Meter: 37

95 posts
More
Thanks for the test ZEN
Like I said, it's not a problem of your KERNEK
Apparently the problem is the speed / voltage too high for the GPS

The solution is as you said, when I use GPS I reduces the processor speed to 1200
I still have to try the BKERNEL 1400 MHz may be okay to GPS

Anyway thanks for the kernel is working fine and very stable

Incidentally, the battery holds me about 12 hours or more even though I talk a lot and uses the phone to receive mail and appointments etc.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cmeyal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th May 2012, 05:57 PM   |  #157  
Flag Novi Sad
Thanks Meter: 6

23 posts
More
Thumbs up THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
I can finally have HDMI!!!! I lOVE YOU!!!!!!(friendly love)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to asemitruck For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th May 2012, 05:39 PM   |  #158  
Thanks Meter: 37

95 posts
More
OK

found the guilty
Its The OVERCLOCK application
I installed the SETCPU application Instead Voltage control and everything works fine now

I get a FIX up to 10 satellites and see 12-13
All within 20-30 seconds.

so i can stay with kernel A and 1600 MHZ

thanks zen
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cmeyal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th May 2012, 06:00 PM   |  #159  
OP Recognized Contributor
Haddonfield, IL
Thanks Meter: 3,262

1,260 posts
Donate to Me
Nice! Thanks for posting the results of your testing.

Some people have also had good results with AnTuTu CPU Master. I've been using Voltage Control without issue but will retry SetCPU and also test CPU Master.

If any other readers have insight into CPU managers, please post your findings.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zen Arcade For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st May 2012, 12:56 AM   |  #160  
Thanks Meter: 264

1,441 posts
Oh crap, back to the confuse 4g, just to stay more confused than before

Im sure it been asked. But, coming from entropy 4.4.2012 kernel on a stock uclb3, which kernel should I choose? A? B? A+v.library? B+v.library?

thanks
Last edited by will5; 31st May 2012 at 01:02 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread