Well, thanks for trying - that's more than my local Samsung service did
I'm not sure if that matters but I rooted mine 3.6 using UnLock Root v 2.3, with usb mode set to 'music player' (if I remember correctly) and not into 'Kies mode' (I'm unable to connect to PC in this mode).
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p8 of=/sdcard/factoryfs.img bs=4096
I had to 7zip it, I hope it won't be a problem:
As far as I recall, I followed this list. I also deleted on my own whim some files that looked like stock Samsung apps I never used, mostly hubs... and Kies Air ^^;
Update about using UnLock Root:
It works for me with current version on Win7 as well - I just unrooted my YP-GS1 and rooted it back again. That's how it looked for me, step-by-step:
- install Kies to have drivers (I have non-updated v. 184.108.40.20644_18)
- turn device on, set USB mode on multimedia (unnecessary, it seems)
- read that UnLock needs USB debugging enabled, enable USB debugging
- check USB mode again and be surprised it's in debug mode. feel dumb
- plug device in, wait for drivers to kick in
- run UnLock Root, tell it to stop scripts after page script error shows up
- press "Root" and wait for it to work it's magic
- wait a bit longer (it took 5-10 minutes on i5 CPU). It will ask you to reboot the deice when it's done
I was trying to make a custom kernel for our GS1, but I failed and my galaxy is now broken. I have the following message :
"Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again".
So, how can I restore it default ?
I tried Kies of course, but it cannot connect to the GS1.
I tried to flash zImage given in previous message (by compressing it in tar archive) but Odin stuck at SetupConnection.. I'm a little bit scared and disappointed 'cause I took config.gz directly from the GS1, so I don't understand why it doesn't work.
When will your odin package ready ? Hope soon
Thanks in advance for your help.
I've realised I missed the pit file, I used one given with ODIN, and it worked, I mean my kernel was flashed. I cannot flash default zImage (given previously) anymore, and I've got a yellow triangle :/ I don't know this thing, I'll try Kies.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|