Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,401 Members 38,398 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What screen protector do you use?

Tip us?

tqian86
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I don't think you need a screen protector if u are just worried about scratches. The glass on i777 is anti-scratch. I personally dislike glossy screens so I got some anti glare covers (great shield? ). 5 bucks for 3 at Amazon.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

alex xander
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Smile cheaps best

buy a 3 or 4 real cheap ones so you can make mistakes

bervikje
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I use ghost armor probably the best I've uses so far.

http://www.ghost-armor.com/

wamster
Old
Thanks Meter 7
i use a brand called "realook". works good enough for me. it even comes with a screen protector for the camera!

alacrify
Old
Thanks Meter 1945
+10 for the Steinheil Ultra Crystal - I've used the Ultra Crystal (which I managed to scuff somehow after a couple of months, but that's what it's there for!) and this time I got the Ultra Fine. It has a matte finish, which isn't as crystal clear (which bugged me for a while) but it will NOT take fingerprints, smears, anything! So I got over the matte look - it's just too nice to NEVER have a finger smear on the screen.

I did try a couple others before getting these (recommended from another thread), and I learned all about orange peeling, rainbow effect, and why it's worth the extra money
SGSIV i337
SGSIII i747
SGSII i777
Xoom 10.1
The Following User Says Thank You to alacrify For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

graffixnyc
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4597

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tqian86 View Post
I don't think you need a screen protector if u are just worried about scratches. The glass on i777 is anti-scratch. I personally dislike glossy screens so I got some anti glare covers (great shield? ). 5 bucks for 3 at Amazon.

This is a huge misconception. Gorilla Glass is not anti-scratch or scratch proof, it's scratch resistant. GG can indeed scratch. Something as small as one grain of sand can scratch it, some metals as well. I think I even read once of a single grain of salt scratching a screen with GG.

I think the Steinheil Ultra Crystal and realook are the best screen protectors. Right now I have the Steinheil Ultra Crystal on there. People cant even tell there is a screen protector on the screen. A few times people have said "You should get a screen protector on your phone so the screen doesnt scratch" so they are shocked when I tell them there is one on there. lol Same for the realook. You couldnt tell there was a protector on. I do think my realook lasted longer without starting to get scratched compared to the Steinheil though. My Steinheil is only 2 months old and is all scratched up, I think it took like 6 months for my realook to get like that

One day some of the kids from the neighborhood carried my mother's groceries all the way home. You know why? It was outta respect." -Henry Hill

Devices:

Current Phones:
HTC One M8 Gray 32GB + 128GB SD
Oppo Find 7a 16GB + 64GB Card
OnePlus One

Current Tablets:
Sony Z Ultra GPe (Phone but use as a tablet)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition 32gb

All new members should watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA

Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/graffixnyc

G+: http://gplus.to/graffixnyc

Biporch
Old
Thanks Meter 58
I buy 9$ ones when I go to Walmart, they are cheap and efficient.
It ain't an Apple product, so I don't find the need to waste 30$ on a screen protector >.>
Gorilla glass FTW.

jt.61
Old
Thanks Meter 428
I have Xtreme Guard from eBay for $1.50. Very durable and has less fingerprints than average. Made out of military grade materials.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

gerard0986
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I LOVE Skinomi so far. Great support and the actual protector is pretty darn resilient.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00

splttingatms
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I bought a 2-pack of Case Mate HD Screen Protector, Anti-fingerprint scratch resistant film.

I like it because it really doesn't attract any fingerprints. It does add a matte look to the screen but I prefer it since it also cuts glare outside. Its expensive at $15 but I've had one on for 5 months so far without a need for replacement.