What screen protector do you use?

OP justinblaine23

27th May 2012, 04:26 PM   |  #81  
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
I don't think you need a screen protector if u are just worried about scratches. The glass on i777 is anti-scratch. I personally dislike glossy screens so I got some anti glare covers (great shield? ). 5 bucks for 3 at Amazon.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA
27th May 2012, 04:28 PM   |  #82  
Flag England
Thanks Meter: 4

61 posts
More
Smile cheaps best
buy a 3 or 4 real cheap ones so you can make mistakes
28th May 2012, 03:04 AM   |  #83  
Thanks Meter: 3

44 posts
I use ghost armor probably the best I've uses so far.

http://www.ghost-armor.com/

28th May 2012, 08:04 PM   |  #84  
Thanks Meter: 7

60 posts
i use a brand called "realook". works good enough for me. it even comes with a screen protector for the camera!
28th May 2012, 10:10 PM   |  #85  
Thanks Meter: 1,945

3,433 posts
+10 for the Steinheil Ultra Crystal - I've used the Ultra Crystal (which I managed to scuff somehow after a couple of months, but that's what it's there for!) and this time I got the Ultra Fine. It has a matte finish, which isn't as crystal clear (which bugged me for a while) but it will NOT take fingerprints, smears, anything! So I got over the matte look - it's just too nice to NEVER have a finger smear on the screen.

I did try a couple others before getting these (recommended from another thread), and I learned all about orange peeling, rainbow effect, and why it's worth the extra money
The Following User Says Thank You to alacrify For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th May 2012, 11:09 PM   |  #86  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 4,781

5,560 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tqian86

I don't think you need a screen protector if u are just worried about scratches. The glass on i777 is anti-scratch. I personally dislike glossy screens so I got some anti glare covers (great shield? ). 5 bucks for 3 at Amazon.

This is a huge misconception. Gorilla Glass is not anti-scratch or scratch proof, it's scratch resistant. GG can indeed scratch. Something as small as one grain of sand can scratch it, some metals as well. I think I even read once of a single grain of salt scratching a screen with GG.

I think the Steinheil Ultra Crystal and realook are the best screen protectors. Right now I have the Steinheil Ultra Crystal on there. People cant even tell there is a screen protector on the screen. A few times people have said "You should get a screen protector on your phone so the screen doesnt scratch" so they are shocked when I tell them there is one on there. lol Same for the realook. You couldnt tell there was a protector on. I do think my realook lasted longer without starting to get scratched compared to the Steinheil though. My Steinheil is only 2 months old and is all scratched up, I think it took like 6 months for my realook to get like that
28th May 2012, 11:51 PM   |  #87  
Thanks Meter: 58

264 posts
More
I buy 9$ ones when I go to Walmart, they are cheap and efficient.
It ain't an Apple product, so I don't find the need to waste 30$ on a screen protector >.>
Gorilla glass FTW.
29th May 2012, 03:24 AM   |  #88  
Thanks Meter: 428

462 posts
More
I have Xtreme Guard from eBay for $1.50. Very durable and has less fingerprints than average. Made out of military grade materials.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
29th May 2012, 11:55 PM   |  #89  
Victorville
Thanks Meter: 7

83 posts
More
I LOVE Skinomi so far. Great support and the actual protector is pretty darn resilient.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00
30th May 2012, 07:52 AM   |  #90  
Thanks Meter: 1

57 posts
I bought a 2-pack of Case Mate HD Screen Protector, Anti-fingerprint scratch resistant film.

I like it because it really doesn't attract any fingerprints. It does add a matte look to the screen but I prefer it since it also cuts glare outside. Its expensive at $15 but I've had one on for 5 months so far without a need for replacement.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread