[ROM] Barebone SGS4G KJ6 1.1.3

28th May 2012, 07:33 PM   |  #21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,034

427 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen_w

I haven't tried shutting it down after the install. I can certainly try that for you, if you like.

Yeah, try it if it's not too difficult. I read someplace on the web that it can actually fix the issue. Seems like you need to do it only on first boot.
The Following User Says Thank You to AntonX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th May 2012, 08:04 PM   |  #22  
OP Senior Member

427 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful123

So its something to do with power management. That's weird. Is there something we did to our phones before that is causing the issue now?

I've looked at the PowerManagerService code. It's a little strange that it's crashing there. All it seemingly does - it tries to query some screen options (like "screen_brightness_mode" or "screen_off_timeout" ) from a database (don't know which, probably related to settings), but fails to initialize a ContentQueryMap. Well, I wonder what's if the database, which is probably in the wiped /data, is not there yet, and why...

Well, the are some more weird errors, like "Package has no signatures that match those in shared user android.uid.system; ignoring!". I'm going to make a package with not re-signed framework-res.apk, maybe it still messing things up. I'll post a link later today.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AntonX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th May 2012, 10:44 PM   |  #23  
OP Senior Member

427 posts
Donate to Me
Here is a ROM with original framework-res.apk certificate. If this works better we'll have to deal with CIQ some other way.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/74713966/ROM...tsvx.1.0.4.zip
29th May 2012, 12:43 AM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 49

280 posts
More
That works
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonX

Here is a ROM with original framework-res.apk certificate. If this works better we'll have to deal with CIQ some other way.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/74713966/ROM...tsvx.1.0.4.zip

This ROM worked without issue. Must be the framework-res.apk.

Surely someone on this forum has dealt with this same issue. Is anyone else helping you out?
The Following User Says Thank You to Lawful123 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th May 2012, 04:21 AM   |  #25  
OP Senior Member

427 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful123

This ROM worked without issue. Must be the framework-res.apk.

Surely someone on this forum has dealt with this same issue. Is anyone else helping you out?

OK, so let it be this way. All other custom ROMs modded from KJ6 have the original cert in framework-res.apk and therefore not disabled CIQ components in AndroidManifest.xml.

I left noCIQ.sh script in /system/etc that disables some CIQ stuff. It really may not be necessary as CIQ is not completely implemented in our ROM, but it will not hurt to run this script either. Have to run as root and only once is enough.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AntonX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th May 2012, 09:06 PM   |  #26  
OP Senior Member

427 posts
Donate to Me
Couple recent changes:

- Added Screenshot to Power menu. Had to remove the menu title as well to fit it all on one page without scrolling. Screenshot functionality is using built-it ScreenCaptureService.

- DriveSmart and Software Updates are removed from Settings menu.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AntonX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th May 2012, 10:16 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 39

496 posts
Donate to Me
More
thanks for adding the screenshot to powermenu. im downloading your rom right now

how do i install still rom fresh on my phone???
Last edited by m0bstr; 31st May 2012 at 12:07 AM.
31st May 2012, 12:52 AM   |  #28  
Flag Gretna
Thanks Meter: 16

376 posts
More
I have this installed love it.
I do have one complaint.
I have had 2 problems, both from the same issue, when connecting phone to CPU to transfer files the phone shuts off starts charging, here is the problem, the battery icon comes up, shows it charging, so lets say that my battery is at 75% I unplug USB cable, reboot phone, it bots up but comes up with the connect to charger message and battery icon is in the red status. And I have to recharge the phone completely.
Anyone else with this?

Sent from my A500 using xda premium
31st May 2012, 01:03 AM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 39

496 posts
Donate to Me
More
is there a way to use hancent sms for the messaging icon on the toolbar on the bottom??? like replace the stock messaging app with hancent sms but still have the samsung icon??
31st May 2012, 01:38 AM   |  #30  
OP Senior Member

427 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by primus123

I have this installed love it.
I do have one complaint.
I have had 2 problems, both from the same issue, when connecting phone to CPU to transfer files the phone shuts off starts charging, here is the problem, the battery icon comes up, shows it charging, so lets say that my battery is at 75% I unplug USB cable, reboot phone, it bots up but comes up with the connect to charger message and battery icon is in the red status. And I have to recharge the phone completely.
Anyone else with this?

You mean to say it's happening only with this ROM? If not, have you tried different computer, USB cable, etc?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread