FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

How To Increase Phone Memory

33 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By buntymurarka, Member on 28th May 2012, 04:33 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
How To Increase Phone Memory in Galaxy Fit? I had heard that there are some ways to make partition on SD card and use them as phone memory but dont know the procedure. Or any other procedure.
Please let me know.
 
 
28th May 2012, 05:05 AM |#2  
-HellRaiser-'s Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Chandigarh
Thanks Meter: 769
 
Donate to Me
More
wrong thread ask in general section..........thank you............
28th May 2012, 05:06 AM |#3  
TeeJay3800's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Metro Detroit
Thanks Meter: 1,618
 
More
Moved to General...
28th May 2012, 06:57 AM |#4  
a.cid's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,620
 
Donate to Me
More
Refer the guide in my sig...
You'll find everything...

Typed using a small touchscreen
28th May 2012, 08:02 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
instead of using partitioning set install location 2 so that u can transfer most of ur apps on ur sd card and free up phone memory
works very well for me
29th May 2012, 10:51 AM |#6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abizerl123

instead of using partitioning set install location 2 so that u can transfer most of ur apps on ur sd card and free up phone memory
works very well for me

i know that....but if i want to use sd partition as phone memory then is it possible
29th May 2012, 04:42 PM |#7  
cygnus39's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bogor
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buntymurarka

i know that....but if i want to use sd partition as phone memory then is it possible

Its very risky man.. if u use the partition as phone memory, some system apps might get some error or something like that.. depends on your sdcard class, and its memory, etc..

Correct me if I'm wrong..


Sent from my Galaxy Fit
29th May 2012, 04:47 PM |#8  
a.cid's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,620
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cygnus39

Its very risky man.. if u use the partition as phone memory, some system apps might get some error or something like that.. depends on your sdcard class, and its memory, etc..

Correct me if I'm wrong..


Sent from my Galaxy Fit

Nothing wrong in partitioning...
Whatever system errors you might get may be rom dependant...

Typed using a small touchscreen
29th May 2012, 04:51 PM |#9  
cygnus39's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bogor
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.cid

Nothing wrong in partitioning...
Whatever system errors you might get may be rom dependant...

Typed using a small touchscreen

I know that too man..hehe
I think the op wants to move all the system to the partition ext..???

Sent from my Galaxy Fit
29th May 2012, 05:25 PM |#10  
a.cid's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,620
 
Donate to Me
More
System apps on sd ext?
Its there in fitdroid and maybe even razo
Even doc_chielvenerdi.org posted a modded memory hack for stock roms

Typed using a small touchscreen
30th May 2012, 03:45 PM |#11  
Miqdad@521's Avatar
Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Moving the system apps to your memory card partition will cause you problems when you remove the memory card or connect the phone via a USB. They wont be available on your phone until the card is remounted. It is preferred not to have such conflicts with the system apps.
It is better to keep them where they are i.e. in the system. And if you feel your phone memory is running out you can always move other apps to SD Card but not the system ones.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes