5,815,095 Members 38,152 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC desire extended battery

Tip us?

garagedroid
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Swapping batteries during an important call is not really an option "please hold, i will call you in a bit", sometimes even, "wait a sec i just need to find my charger" is not an option either during the call. for me extended battery seems more convinient.

mediarz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Well that is a little disappointing.. I don't want to carry around a second battery or charging device to use my phone.. HTC needs to get this crap sorted out..

derarzt
Old
Thanks Meter 1
i got the external battery from choiix. its quite small and fits in everyone´s pocket.

and if your accu is empty within a call, you should change your way using your phone. i take a look on my battery while using my phone. if the battery is at 30%, the external choiix had to bleed..^^

mascolel
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I need a new battery for my HTC. Mine isn`t lasting 24h

okishead
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by derarzt View Post

and if your accu is empty within a call, you should change your way using your phone.
that is not quite true!!! when a person is swallowed by work, quite interesting kind of work, the person only notices battery level when he checks the time!! - "oh no its late evening already!! oh no i still havent done arrangements for the nite!! oh no the battery is uber low!!"
manufacturers shall change the way they cut costs on stock batteries and develope us an ultimate engineering solution.

yavinmaster
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have to admit that when I travel I carry 3 spare batteries! 2 "normal" capacity and 1 "high" capacity (and the extended back to go with it). As I can go for 36 hours between leaving and getting to a hotel to recharge and may be using the GPS a lot I need to know I have power at hand. Even back in the "old" Nokia N80 days I use to carry at least 1 spare battery. I agree that modern smart phones aren't very smart when it comes with battery performance but you do get a lot of performance compared to the "good old days". The ability to swap out batteries is for me essential though and one of the many reasons I wouldn't buy an iPhone. This is something that I think HTC have forgotten with the new "One" and Samsung could win out with the S3 because of this.

My advice - buy some cheap ebay batteries and cycle them in your phone.