[ROM][4.1.1][Hybrid] PARANOIDANDROID [DISCONTINUED]

Search This thread

sergiuvolo

Jan 4, 2010
In my opinion the best way to use tab hybrid and a good zoom is to update nova launcher. Anyone tryed? Sorry for my english:D

Pixa241

Nov 3, 2010
So I have a question. What makes this better than CM9 or AOKP. Is it just basically the ability to have tablet UI on phone. Or what benefits are there to this rom. Looks interesting

Sent from my HTC Sensation using XDA

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
In my opinion the best way to use tab hybrid and a good zoom is to update nova launcher. Anyone tryed? Sorry for my english:D

Hmm that is odd I installed the Nova update last night and it totally screwed the visuals up on the launcher. So I uninstall the update. But I just installed the updat e again because of your post,and it did not do that this time. It actually does make it fit the device better. It appears lime the launcher is in phone mode now. In luancher settings you can only view them like it would be in phone mode. It does not have the double scrolling screen like the rest of the settings. But it does help make the visuals for the luancher fit the device better. The default DPI on the update is 240, but I am going to play around with it some.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

So I have a question. What makes this better than CM9 or AOKP. Is it just basically the ability to have tablet UI on phone. Or what benefits are there to this rom. Looks interesting

Sent from my HTC Sensation using XDA

No it is not just the ability to have the tablet UI. You have all it the Parinoid settings in settings that you can use to teak the ROM to your how you like it. You can set the DPI individually for each app to get the size abd orientation like you want it with the Hybrid settings. Check the screen shot and the video below. Both of them should help you see what I mean.

pvh

sergiuvolo

Jan 4, 2010
when you make the update, if it not resize well, you can do it in nova settings by changing width margin and height margin. I played a lot and for me worked fine

mckellick

Jan 28, 2012
Allentown Pennsylvania
I agree..I test drove this Rom and Its pretty stable..tweaks are good and response Is good. Having the ability to have the tablet with a push of a button Is very nice. Battery life Is my only problem I saw with this Rom. Other than that great work Dev and keep up the great work. Cheers!

o0rebelious0o

Nov 15, 2010
London
Great Rom

This Rom's really great. It feels fast and smooth. A few bugs though, the tablet status bar at the bottom is occasionally a little unresponsive, it glows acknowledging touch but doesn't pop the menu up. The letters don't pop up in the bubble properly after clicking a letter on the keyboard. Theres also no battery % shown in the notification pop up though that probably isn't a bug. Overall I've been really happy with it for the past day or so, shame about the battery life but as you said that's from the android source not your work. Cheers guys, never thought i'd be stolen away from sense 4 :)

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
This Rom's really great. It feels fast and smooth. A few bugs though, the tablet status bar at the bottom is occasionally a little unresponsive, it glows acknowledging touch but doesn't pop the menu up. The letters don't pop up in the bubble properly after clicking a letter on the keyboard. Theres also no battery % shown in the notification pop up though that probably isn't a bug. Overall I've been really happy with it for the past day or so, shame about the battery life but as you said that's from the android source not your work. Cheers guys, never thought i'd be stolen away from sense 4 :)

You have to go into settings/system/status bar/battery status style to select a battery display.

elkingyboy

Sep 19, 2011
Forres, Scotland
Hi, I hope someone can help.
I just tried to flash this coming from ARHD and have been stuck at the Bears Audio screen for about 15mins.
Have I missed something obvious?

Cheers

Kingy

arabology

Jan 25, 2011
Beirut
Hi, I hope someone can help.
I just tried to flash this coming from ARHD and have been stuck at the Bears Audio screen for about 15mins.
Have I missed something obvious?

Cheers

Kingy

bears audio?! hmmm......ohh, lol beats audio you mean :D that's because you didn't full wipe! you need to full wipe every time you change roms :) try the full wipe zip from ARHD!

Reactions: elkingyboy

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
I can't release it today, having a few problems here and there, and I want to try get xLoud fully incorporated first. Shouldn't be long though. These new features look promising ;)

So when you release a update we will have to update the old fashion way by flashing the new version and then doing a data restore from a NANDroid backup right? Also I see the "Check for updates" in Settings/Paranoid Settings, so will the Paranoid ROMs have OTA's avaliable in the future?

Gtj94

Aug 6, 2010
Melbourne
So when you release a update we will have to update the old fashion way by flashing the new version and then doing a data restore from a NANDroid backup right? Also I see the "Check for updates" in Settings/Paranoid Settings, so will the Paranoid ROMs have OTA's avaliable in the future?

For now, yes. In the future, most likely ota.

Sent from my Sensation using xda premium

SveninFla

Sep 26, 2008
Daytona Beach
So, I did a flash of this just to see what the idea was. Amazing work.

I tried to make a call though. It would not go through. I assumed it was because my location I live in there is no service at all. I have to us T-Mobile WIFI Calling app to be able to stay in touch with the world. Is this possible to add in?

Sent from my Sensation 4G using Elegancia Sense 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    paranoidxqkmy.png

attachment.php

paranoid_notabf8j0a.png

This is an ongoing developer project to make way for a modification that will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the experience of your phone. I know you've seen tablet mode roms before, they change two lines in your build.prop file which you could easily edit yourself in seconds and maybe throw a keyboard in there to make it work better. It's a start, but this ain't enough. This thing has potential, but it is wasted the moment you try to stuff a full blown tablet into your poor phone. Yet we all know our high res phones can very well handle more than silly 1-column layouts. So the magic must be in between somewhere, a place that Google must have overlooked and left blank. Yes, this rom strives to drop your device into tablet mode, but it won't stop there, it will reshape and redefine ICS to make it all a useful addition and not just a cute novelty. we're calling it: Hybrid Mode, best of both worlds.

paranoid_instructions4zkp3.png

Pretty simple really, download and flash :p
    - Full wipe isn't always necessary, but always highly recommended. Don't bother with bug reports until you've full wiped.
    - DOWNLOADS ARE IN THE CHANGELOG AS ALWAYS!!!

paranoid_hintsu4kjw.png

- Set the font size to 'Large'
    - Go into the navigation bar settings, hold your phone in landscape, change the button quantity to 5, then back to 3. (Buttons shouldn't be crammed together anymore).
    - Check "Auto Hide" in Settings, System, Statusbar, to finally get Fullscreen (or Hold power button, and press "Toggle StatusBar")
    - Launcher Settings: margins: SMALL (If youre using Apex / Nova), show permanent searchbar: YES, Grid: 5x4, resize all widgets: YES, Wallpaper scrolling: OFF

paranoid_troublernbsn.png

- The same as the Pyramid unofficial cm10 build as of now.
    - Headphone Routing (Use the headphone routing app from the market for the moment)

paranoid_changelogjmkth.png

Code:
    [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?hmnjmt8l7bj5d72"]v1.9.5a [04/08][/URL]
    - Changes from PA: [url]http://paranoid-rom.com/80-jelly-bean/releases/8-paranoid-android-1-9-2[/url]
    - Changes from CM10: Latest build from Bruce as the base. 

[URL="http://mir.cr/6LIET2OW"]v1.9.2b [30/07][/URL]
    - Paranoid Changelog - [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1619582"]Here[/URL]
    - CM10 changelog - [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1782009"]Here[/URL]

[URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?hp67bb63n58epaj"]v1.4 [21/06][/URL]

- Synced with latest Paranoid sources
    - - [B]LINARO OPTIMIZED!![/B]
    - Added AOKP Camera For Problem Free Snaps
    - Fixed most of the issues with pad & pal, now facebook, whatsapp, keyboards, etc will be shown just fine
    - PAD/PAL work in phonemode 100%, no weird toggles and stuff like that. you get full tablet apps without caveats
    - Settings cleanup, most of the garbage dpi options are gone, should be more intuitive
    - Force widgets is back
    - Reorganized options. Now only options left in "Paranoid Settings" are related with hybrid mode
    - Fixed wrong month index on ParanoidBackup
    - Added Statusbar Hardware Rendering toggle via Settings > System > Statusbar. You must enable it for using statusbar transparency.
    - Fixed possible lags (Mostly XHDPI devices, not too much for us)
    - Reverted libcore fixes by CM team that caused some bugs on network apps
    - Fixed a bug on hybrid panel that caused missbehaving
    - General bugfixes
    - Translated a few things to spanish
    - Added ParanoidBackup app
    - Fixed bugs on beta releases (Battery swapping, overlaps, ui bugs etc)
    - Recent apps improvement on tab mode (bigger preview)
    - Error where app shows up in the wrong UI will be fixed
    - Scaling lockscreen dialogs and so on
    - Removed hardcoded framework values (yay! )
    - Removed "Global density", if you STILL want to mess with this one with , you've not even tested a 50% of what this ROM can do.
    - Fixed a lot of other things on pad & pal, cleaned up sources
    - Fixed themes crash on tab mode, still crashes sometimes on phone mode. [Seems this one is totally fixed now. Need to test a bit more]
    - A HUGE amount of fixes, improvements and so, this version should be rockstable.
    - Included A2SD, for more info check the 2nd post (credits : texasice)
    - Made some changes to default pad.prop settings (most things 240 dpi default)
    - Forced gallery to 239 dpi to avoid the default force closing.
    - Updated All Apps + Added All CM9 Apps
    - Added Adobe Flash Player, Appolo Black Theme Dropbox, Youtube , More...
    - Many Changes.. I Forgot .. Enjoy ..Its Stable and Fast
    - Updated kernel to stock CM9 
    - Fixed battery drain

[URL="http://mir.cr/16QPYFBD"][B]v1.1 [31/05][/B][/URL] 

--> [U]If you're coming from a sense based rom, please flash [URL="http://files.tamcore.eu/android/kernels/3.0.31-MSM8660-AOSP-FAUX-gb6ac968-dirty.zip"]THIS[/URL] straight after flashing the v1.1 ROM. 
    [/U] OR FLASH V1.0 FIRST!!!
    - Kanged from source. All features included (even the ones that are on CM9 changelog but not on latest nightly)
    - Updated kernel to latest Faux's. 
    - Fixed navbar on phone mode, and now doesn't removes statusbar transparency
    - Fixed Utils.isScreenLarge() method, now it checks for LCD Density, wich reduces % of error to 0
    - Improved panel a LOT, including a cool action bar for saving or discarding changes
    - .force pad feature implemented, now you can resize widgets
    - Added more descriptive strings to panel
    - Added customizable toggles for tablet mode. You can choose now between 9 toggles, and a max of 6 of them. You can also reorganize or remove all the toggles.
    - Removed some battery styles, and HC lockscreen, searching for a common base
    - Translated a lot of things in spanish XML's  ([url]http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/16596/[/url])
    - Added xLoud engine.
    - Fixed bootanimation.
    - Launcher from Nova -> Apex. 
    - Cleaned, upgraded and tweaked the build.prop.
    - CPU init.d tweaks for scaling and governer. (Best combo of Battery and Performance). 
    - Completely removed software rendering, and enabled true hardware rendering.
    - Minor fixes here and there.

[URL="https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8CNiz-dnyarZXJGOGZoQjRlWWM"][B]v1.0[/B] [28/05] [/URL] 

- Rebased to Paranoid Android
    - Nova launcher as default (Supports tablet UI)
    - Added PAL/PAD Settings!!
    - Updated default densities 

[URL="https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8CNiz-dnyaram9oMlR6am9sWlk/edit"][B]v0.1[/B] [25/05] - BETA[/URL]

- Initial release.

paranoid_creditsjkkeh.png

- CM9 Team, for their code.
    - AOKP team for their libs.
    - Tamcore, Faux & intervigilum for the kernel.
    - Blindndumb, mad props, for guiding me through my issues.
    - T-Macgnolia, number 1 xda contributor, boot animations, logcats and help.
    - ParanoidAndroid team for the tweaks and Hybrid mode.
    - Molesarecoming.
    - bruce2728 for his work on CM10 for the Pyramid.
    - josephnero, for the wallpaper edits.
    - Anyone who I've missed, please pm me. :)
    I'll do an update this weekend

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium
    I'll start to look into porting a new one over tonight or this week.
    Our video review on the ROM :D

If this helped in any way, please feel free to press the THANKS button and if you do happen to have a few clicks to spare, please go to our channel to LIKE, COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE as we'd really appreciate it, Thanks in advance :D
    Hokay, good news, just about finished the build. (v1.4) This build is a bunch of new stuff.. I mean A BUNCH. changelog's in the first post and the download link will be available in around 2 hours. :)