Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,501 Members 47,040 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Guide]How to revive your bricked Gnote

Tip us?

apurvapatel
Old
(Last edited by apurvapatel; 29th May 2012 at 09:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 87
Default CWM flashable stock ics rom

Thanks to Uggies for the thread and Forest and Prabhu for the solutions and all the posters and their success stories.

Solved my problem.... revived my almost dead note back on abyss 3.9 kernel and XXLC_CheckROM_NoteHD_V6 rom.... But now my counter is up to about 17.

Where can i find a CWM flashable stock ICS rom to use the triangleaway app? I cant use odin, freezes at the start of factoryfs write.

Apurva
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apurvapatel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Archangel919
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Thumbs up bring back your phone from super brick

No need to go to any service centre and pay thousands to sammy service center ppl.

Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssss, it worked it worked it worked , my giant beauty is back to life :) , my galaxy note is breathing android again :)

Thanks a lot Forest 1971 (I think he liked Forest Gump ),but what a genius he is , he helped m bring back my phone to life .

Guys , i had installed ****ing KingDroid rom v2.1 with S3 mod on it , and i after i used it for a while i felt like going back to cyanogenmod 9 nightly . But was foolish enough to do a data wipe and factory reset on LPF or LP8 based rom :( , what an idiot i was . I had read clearly to not to do that mistake but yet i did it !!!!!!!. i thought my phone's final resting place was either dustbin or in samsung service center , where i had to pay around 10,000 Indian Rupees , roughly 200$ t fix my phone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But no , i sat for an hour , read the method explained by Forest 1971 and followed it , and flashed checkrom v6 . And Boom , it started :) :):) .Guys download android sdk from developers.android .com and install it . It has in built adb ( Android Debug Bridge ) , the download link posted by Forest , didnt work for me , but i figured out that adb comes pre installed with android sdk and is present in the platform-tools folder . So add its link or full path to the environment variable and follow exactly as mentioned by Forest 1971 . It worked for me . Thank you for all the ppl whose posts helped me get my phone to life :), thanks a lot . And very very imp NOTE : KING DROID Sucks and takes life from your phone , so dont do the mistake which i did . And i have tried every single custom rom released till now including paranoid rom (awesome rom ), but the safest , fastest , lag-free , best battery life , Galaxy Note Saviour rom is CheckRom revo v6 . take my word , its the best even though its Gingerbread rom Nd by the way i am just 19 year old computer science engg
The Following User Says Thank You to Archangel919 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Admor
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Yet another Note has came back to life. Thought was done for, but succeded like the others... Hail our savior, forest1971!
The Following User Says Thank You to Admor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ahenderson223
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Is there a youtube video to show step by step directions ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I957 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to ahenderson223 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
zylor Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel919 View Post
No need to go to any service centre and pay thousands to sammy service center ppl.
You don't need to pay nothing.. if you have warranty of your device!

I went to Samsung Service Center and they held my phone for free!

I have my warranty and they will give me a full new motherboard for free

If i didn't had the warranty of my Note i would have to pay at least 350€ or more for the motherboard replacement!

apurvapatel
Old
(Last edited by apurvapatel; 30th May 2012 at 03:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 87
Seems my UMS partition has bad sectors too.

I did rm 11 and repartioned it quite a few times... just to check for bad sectors, i partitioned it in ext2 format to run the e2fsck... no error.

Most of the times the phone doesnt boot up, stays stuck at the "Samsung Galaxy Note N7000" screen and its got the dreaded Yellow Triangle...

When it does boot up... it freezes whenever I install any new application.... via market or sdcard... also many times the background applications suddenly force close and the phone freezes.

Tried removing the cache partition and making it again.... no help.

To get the phone to boot, I have to go through the grind.... repartition the whole thing, install 4pda_kernel.tar kernel ... abyss39.zip cwm and checkrom v6 rom.

BTW, my partition is exactly like Forest has suggested in the 12th post, FACTORYFS starts from where USM would actually start, at 3322.... and I have also reduced DATAFS size to 1gb, as suggested.... now my UMS starts at 5362 instead of 6362 as suggested by Forest in the 12th post.

Morality
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by apurvapatel View Post
Seems my UMS partition has bad sectors too.

I did rm 11 and repartioned it quite a few times... just to check for bad sectors, i partitioned it in ext2 format to run the e2fsck... no error.

Most of the times the phone doesnt boot up, stays stuck at the "Samsung Galaxy Note N7000" screen and its got the dreaded Yellow Triangle...

When it does boot up... it freezes whenever I install any new application.... via market or sdcard... also many times the background applications suddenly force close and the phone freezes.

Tried removing the cache partition and making it again.... no help.

To get the phone to boot, I have to go through the grind.... repartition the whole thing, install 4pda_kernel.tar kernel ... abyss39.zip cwm and checkrom v6 rom.

BTW, my partition is exactly like Forest has suggested in the 12th post, FACTORYFS starts from where USM would actually start, at 3322.... and I have also reduced DATAFS size to 1gb, as suggested.... now my UMS starts at 5362 instead of 6362 as suggested by Forest in the 12th post.
I fixed having to constantly reflash by restoring just the system and boot of an ics lpy nand BackUp i had.

I had to repartition UMS Start and end just Like you, I think i moved them both 300 units up, and im having the same problem as you. Random Freeze, inability to install Apps.. Unfortunately i cant Start trying to Fix this issue until Sunday Night when i get home, so Let me know if you Fix these issues.

talhamid
Old
(Last edited by talhamid; 30th May 2012 at 06:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 168
Hello

I am a LITTLE closer to rescuing my Note via this method. Now my recovery is wiping and flashing perfectly OK. But nothing boots! I flash the ROMs or NAND backups and they flash OK, but the phone remains stuck in bootloop.

I am trying to flash ICS Stunner ROM by the way, didn't try any of the GB ones. But i do it through Abyss Kernel 4.2 Redpill

Any advice?
TALHA BIN HAMID
Armchair Geek and Proud of It
lessapple.blogspot.com

C500-X120-X200-X820-6233-N80-6120-N81-N82-5800-N97-N900-Legend-Desire-Galaxy S-Desire HD-Xperia X10 Mini -Galaxy S2-Xperia Mini-Galaxy Nexus-Galaxy Note-Galaxy Nexus-Galaxy Note 2-HTC Desire X-HTC One X-LG Nexus 4-Sony Xperia Z-Samsung Galaxy S4-HTC Desire 500-HTC One-HTC Butterfly S-HTC One-LG G2-Google Nexus 5-Galaxy Note 3-LG Optimus G Pro

derekzxy
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have just tried the adb shell, however when im doing it up to (parted) print

it thrown me a message as below:

Error: The backup GPT table is not at the end of the disk, as it should be. This
might mean that another operating system believes the disk is smaller. Fix, by
moving the backup to the end (and removing the old backup)?
Fix/Ignore/Cancel?

I then Key in "Fix" and press enter

Then it thrown another message as below:

Warning: Not all of the space available to /home/henry/testmod.img appears to be
used, you can fix the GPT to use all of the space (an extra 204800 blocks) or
continue with the current setting?
Fix/Ignore?

I then key in "Ignore" and press enter
and the CMD stopped and not going any further

then I turned off the CMD and Reopen and
run
adb shell
run
~ # umount /cache

and then it said
umount: can't umount / cache: Invalid argument

then I ignored this message and
run
~ # parted /dev/block/mmcblk0

then its said
Parted / dev/block/mmcblk0
GNU Parted 1.8.8.1.179-aef3
Using /dev/block/mmcblk0
Welcome to GNU Parted! Type 'help' to view a list of commands.
(parted)

Then i key in Print it said

Error: /dev/block/mmcblk0: unrecognised disk label
(parted)

Then I cant go anything further.........

any suggestion guys , please help....

THanks

talhamid
Old
Thanks Meter 168
forest1971: PLease add me to the list of eternally grateful users who rescued their device through your method. I have no qualms in admitting that I am close to tears. May God bless you and your colleagues.

Yes, it is all a little wonky and yes, I still shudder at the thought of restarting the thing. But that is all trivial compared to a device that is not booting into the OS at all.

Thanks
TALHA BIN HAMID
Armchair Geek and Proud of It
lessapple.blogspot.com

C500-X120-X200-X820-6233-N80-6120-N81-N82-5800-N97-N900-Legend-Desire-Galaxy S-Desire HD-Xperia X10 Mini -Galaxy S2-Xperia Mini-Galaxy Nexus-Galaxy Note-Galaxy Nexus-Galaxy Note 2-HTC Desire X-HTC One X-LG Nexus 4-Sony Xperia Z-Samsung Galaxy S4-HTC Desire 500-HTC One-HTC Butterfly S-HTC One-LG G2-Google Nexus 5-Galaxy Note 3-LG Optimus G Pro

The Following User Says Thank You to talhamid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]