Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,623 Members 50,771 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Inc reboots whenever it feels like ...

Tip us?
 
Alexithymia2010
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 63
Join Date: Mar 2011
Default Inc reboots whenever it feels like ...

Anyone else get this issue? It reboots when it loads up Android but whenever it feels like. I replaced the Sense rom to CM7.2 when it would reboot as soon as it loaded. Sometimes it gets stuck at the white HTC incredible screen and other times it doesn't reach recovery when I tell it to boot to recovery. Is this phone finally kicking the bucket?
 
godsmacked4653
Old
#2  
godsmacked4653's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 87
Posts: 446
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexithymia2010 View Post
Anyone else get this issue? It reboots when it loads up Android but whenever it feels like. I replaced the Sense rom to CM7.2 when it would reboot as soon as it loaded. Sometimes it gets stuck at the white HTC incredible screen and other times it doesn't reach recovery when I tell it to boot to recovery. Is this phone finally kicking the bucket?
I've seen this happen to an Incredible, and yes, it was hardware failure.
Have you tried a complete wipe, reflash stock ROM, RUU, etc. etc.?


 
Alexithymia2010
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 63
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsmacked4653 View Post
I've seen this happen to an Incredible, and yes, it was hardware failure.
Have you tried a complete wipe, reflash stock ROM, RUU, etc. etc.?
I've tried a complete wipe, reflashed stock ROMs (Froyo and gingerbread), RUU'd, tried to do an S-off but couldn't get the phone to stay on long enough to do so. The HBOOT is updated to 1.02 unfortunately.
 
MagnaCore
Old
#4  
MagnaCore's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 232
Join Date: Dec 2010
Bad battery?

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium
HTC Droid Incredible (ADR6300) Retired
Motorola Razr Maxx HD (XT926)
Samsung Infuse 4G(SGH-I997)
 
BrandT90
Old
#5  
BrandT90's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 95
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Carbondale
Default Kernel?

Have you tried flashing a different kernel? I used to have random reboots 6-10 times a day on stock CM7. I flashed the latest Incredikernel and it did help, but still had a few random reboots every other day.
 
cmlusco
Old
#6  
cmlusco's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 922
Posts: 3,138
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan City, IN

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexithymia2010 View Post
I've tried a complete wipe, reflashed stock ROMs (Froyo and gingerbread), RUU'd, tried to do an S-off but couldn't get the phone to stay on long enough to do so. The HBOOT is updated to 1.02 unfortunately.
If your on the new hboot just go to the htcdev site and unlock the bootloader. Then fastboot flash cwm recovery, then flash superuser thru recovery. Then wipe everything in the mounts and storrage menu except emmc and sdcard, and then flash a rom of your choosing.
Sent From My HTC One (M7WLV) S-OFF Rooted
Hboot: 1.56.0000 (Unlocked)
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.4
Baseband: 1.13.41.0109_2
Kernel: ElementalX 13.5
PRL: 15287
Rom: Stock OTA 3.11.605.1

VZW HTC One Files - VZW1FILES.DYNDNS.ORG

HTC Incredible Files - DINC.DOES-IT.NET
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


And the Winners in the XDA Pebble Development Challenge Are…

Almost two months ago, we set out with Pebble to findthree amazing … more

MediaTek Releases Full Kernel Source for First Android One Devices

Those who might have thought that MediaTek wouldnever release working … more

Submitting a Patch to Gerrit – Featuring XplodWild – XDA Developer TV

Not every developer specializes in every area of … more

Learn How to Make a Live Wallpaper all by Yourself

Stillimages can bebeautiful, but some of you prefer to see animations on your screens. … more