Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,042 Members 47,087 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Cyanogenmod Nightly Builds - Builds for P920 works on P925!

Tip us?

idriff
Old
Thanks Meter 23
well i havent tried RC3 or latest nightlie (the 1 after RC3) but with RC2
i had wifi issues and 3G problems... network just stopped working randomly and i had 2 reboot really often dont know y...
im on v21d btw... also i had a lot of battery draining and overheat also speakers were not as loud as ussual... so it is still unusable in a daily basis for me...

stevew84
Old
(Last edited by stevew84; 29th May 2012 at 06:27 AM.)
Thanks Meter 190
Oh, my wifi will not pick up my home network even when I enter manually. My g2x will pick it up fine though. When I had this phone stock on v21d it got the wifi fine, just not with cm7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idriff View Post
well i havent tried RC3 or latest nightlie (the 1 after RC3) but with RC2
i had wifi issues and 3G problems... network just stopped working randomly and i had 2 reboot really often dont know y...
im on v21d btw... also i had a lot of battery draining and overheat also speakers were not as loud as ussual... so it is still unusable in a daily basis for me...
I'm on the newest nightly also on v21d. I'm on T-Mobile though with full 4g data speeds. Well faster than 3g without getting technical.

Speaker seems alright for me anyway. I'm still looking for RIL answers but no one supports this device!!

Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA

idriff
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Well i flashed the 05/27 nightlie and is running flowesly
No excesive.battery draining and no wifi issues... i just had a network problem 2day but i think ot was my carrier and not the phone, the only thing left is to get better sound through speakers. Which isnt bad but its better with the official rom... btw im on v21D and cm7 is rocking my phone

nti_hazard88
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Running the 06-24 nightly for p925...

Running mostly stable once I grab the V10e RIL with GetRIL. Still no luck with Bluetooth audio, though. Phone calls sound like I'm talking through an old V90 modem speaker, while music just doesn't play at all.

Anyone have any luck otherwise? The 06-24 nightly for the 920 has given me no better luck either (yes, I DO flash my baseband to V20P when I try P920 builds).

zeropants
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by nti_hazard88 View Post
Running the 06-24 nightly for p925...

Running mostly stable once I grab the V10e RIL with GetRIL. Still no luck with Bluetooth audio, though. Phone calls sound like I'm talking through an old V90 modem speaker, while music just doesn't play at all.

Anyone have any luck otherwise? The 06-24 nightly for the 920 has given me no better luck either (yes, I DO flash my baseband to V20P when I try P920 builds).
I have everything that I've tried working with that build right now except my wifi drops constantly. I have to airplane back and forth to get it going again. Sometimes it stays connected but doesn't route any data, sometimes it just drops entirely. When it drops entirely, if I got to settings the wireless & networks section causes a force close before it works again.

I don't use bluetooth for anything so I can't comment on that. I would really love to keep this build, but the wifi is going to be a deal-breaker if I can't find something soon.
Moto G

nti_hazard88
Old
(Last edited by nti_hazard88; 9th July 2012 at 03:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Flashed the 07/01 P925 build last night. Seems a bit more stable so far - having less issues with battery drain and the radio is less spotty. I haven't yet had a chance to try bluetooth or see if the echo problem is resolved yet (I still have my volume turned down which is a temporary fix).

Anyone else have news? The nightly tracker isn't exactly being as useful as it used to be, since it no longer tracks changes per nightly. I'm talking about the cm-7-nightlies(dot)appspot (dot)com/?device=p925 site, so if anyone has a link to a more "maintained" changelog that would be cool too.

--- UPDATE ---
No luck with bluetooth - echo issues still exist unless I turn the volume down during calls. I'm now running LG's V21E (flashed with the KDZ), and it's absolutely fantastic.

TramLyTNP
Old
Thanks Meter 0
anybody tell me please: what is the difference between Nightly and Stable C.M Rom
Thanks in advance.

pachezPRO
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Nightly roms aren't official. They may have bug/kinks that need to be still ironed out.. mostly for testing/building purposes from what I understand atleast

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda app-developers app

ima.monstaaa
Old
Thanks Meter 45
We should start a nightly discussion back up if anyone's still keeping up with them. I'm using 10-14 p920 and its very stable. I haven't run into any weird network issues like I used to and it runs very smooth with plenty of free RAM. I'm using Samno's CM kernel as well and so far I have to say this is the best set up I've used.

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda app-developers app

yourguitarist
Old
Thanks Meter 125
I think it'd be great to see mokee, lewa, and miui get ported to the P925 nightlies. I'm really tempted to flash back to Froyo and use CM7

Sent from my LG-P925 using xda app-developers app