end of my Evo use

OP joshuar9476

30th May 2012, 12:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Greensburg, IN
Thanks Meter: 30

67 posts
More
I decided to take my Evo 4G for a swim with me yesterday. 2 hours later I discovered what I had done. I loved my Evo, but still have 7 months until my upgrade. No insurance. I got a Epic Touch for $275 so once that comes in i will be moving on. Thanks to everyone here who worked on new roms.
30th May 2012, 12:55 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 16

243 posts
More
lol bag of rice? always works for me. i see evo's on craigslist here for like 100 bucks. you can make it happen! don't leave!
30th May 2012, 02:00 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Greensburg, IN
Thanks Meter: 30

67 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame

lol bag of rice? always works for me. i see evo's on craigslist here for like 100 bucks. you can make it happen! don't leave!

I tried to dry it out in kitty litter, which was all i had on me at the time. However, I panicked and put the battery in too soon and heard all the components fry for lack of a better term.

I get a $200 damaged phone credit from my premium checking account. My wife has had the samsung for a few months now, and the images are a lot crisper on it. I figured it was time to move on.

At least I'm not leaving telling everyone how big of a pile of crap this phone was as i have in the past with other phones (I'm looking at you Blackjack II) ... The Evo is probably my #1 of all time. As someone who has had 15 different phones, that says a lot to me.
30th May 2012, 04:58 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 16

243 posts
More
lol.. i've had so many bad phones. the touch pro was probably the worst pile i've ever had the displeasure of pulling out of my pocket. i learned my lesson with wet phones. just let them sit... and sit.. and sit... eventually they come back to life. that sucks though.
30th May 2012, 06:03 PM   |  #5  
Flag The Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 67

206 posts
More
Yeah they are CL all day for $100

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread