Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,147 Members 51,630 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

end of my Evo use

Tip us?

joshuar9476
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default end of my Evo use

I decided to take my Evo 4G for a swim with me yesterday. 2 hours later I discovered what I had done. I loved my Evo, but still have 7 months until my upgrade. No insurance. I got a Epic Touch for $275 so once that comes in i will be moving on. Thanks to everyone here who worked on new roms.

ou2mame
Old
Thanks Meter 16
lol bag of rice? always works for me. i see evo's on craigslist here for like 100 bucks. you can make it happen! don't leave!

joshuar9476
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
lol bag of rice? always works for me. i see evo's on craigslist here for like 100 bucks. you can make it happen! don't leave!
I tried to dry it out in kitty litter, which was all i had on me at the time. However, I panicked and put the battery in too soon and heard all the components fry for lack of a better term.

I get a $200 damaged phone credit from my premium checking account. My wife has had the samsung for a few months now, and the images are a lot crisper on it. I figured it was time to move on.

At least I'm not leaving telling everyone how big of a pile of crap this phone was as i have in the past with other phones (I'm looking at you Blackjack II) ... The Evo is probably my #1 of all time. As someone who has had 15 different phones, that says a lot to me.

ou2mame
Old
Thanks Meter 16
lol.. i've had so many bad phones. the touch pro was probably the worst pile i've ever had the displeasure of pulling out of my pocket. i learned my lesson with wet phones. just let them sit... and sit.. and sit... eventually they come back to life. that sucks though.

Chirpout
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Yeah they are CL all day for $100

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA