Originally Posted by Entropy512
Could you show me the schematic of the circuit you used to measure current draw? Basically, you threw a bunch of current drain numbers that are outright lies if you did not use an external current measurement method, considering our device has NO way of measuring current draw internally.
I'm sick of this bull**** - None of the developers can reproduce your claimed problems, and not a single one of you has posted a single shred of useful data, and now people are posting crap that I know is an outright lie because the data they claim to have is impossible to obtain without hooking up a dummy battery and an ammeter outside the device.
Next person to whine about wifi issues the developers are unable to reproduce without COMPLETELY following the instructions for diagnosing drain at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1308030 is getting reported.
In short - don't complain about wifi drain unless you've got a complete kernel wakelock dump taken in the manner requested in that thread along with a Shark capture.
The new driver fixes power management issues in a number of situations (For example, I again see deep sleep above 80% during an arpdrain stress test, I haven't seen that since ICS was released) - maybe it breaks others. Without any data other than useless bitching and whining, it won't change.
Edit: It seems like with the exception of the touchscreen issue, those experiencing wifi problems are all using the same router - which happens to be a combined DSL/wifi router and in my experiences, many of those are utter ****. (See how 2wire is at the top of the ****list in the thread I linked above...) If people actually encounter problems with routers that have a good track record of reliability and consistency (Off of the top of my head - ones running DD-WRT or Tomato, and Ubiqiti products), that would be interesting. If it's Belkin or a Netgear running stock firmware, don't even bother wasting my time.
I didn't mean to whine. If my tone was like that, forgive me. I checked the battery reading by using an app called battery monitor widget. It's not as accurate as putting an ammeter and a voltmeter between the battery and the device itself, I know, but FWIW, it gives me a linear value indicator where the higher the value = the worse the drain is. It's value is useful relatively, and since I managed to get 2 mA easily on one ROM, in addition to the fact that the wifi does not consume more on standby.
Replace 'mA' with 'units' if that makes you cringe less.
Anyway, that thread has some great stuff. I'll do that too and report back.
By the way, my router is not in any way crap. I'm on TP-Link WR1043ND, on OpenWRT trunk version r32001 (tbh, DD-WRT is crap compared to OpenWRT). I'll go and get a tcpdump on my wireless router and see if galaxy note is spamming it.